myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
You idiots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 137, 138, 139  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some here would ask, why invest in semiconductors or other important manufacturing sectors when the government should be going all out to help grow and expand the oil industry...
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chips are only one part of the Chinese control of vital materials that will be required to meet so-called "green energy" goals. These totally unrealistic goals are putting us at great risk, but we are governed by ignorant politicians who can't see further than the next election, and are supported by voters who have no understanding of the bigger picture.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Chips are only one part of the Chinese control of vital materials that will be required to meet so-called "green energy" goals. These totally unrealistic goals are putting us at great risk, but we are governed by ignorant politicians who can't see further than the next election, and are supported by voters who have no understanding of the bigger picture.

But I know, trust me, I'm not a flack for the carbon industry.

Right.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:

The semi industry is much more dynamic then it was in the 1990's. It used to be PC's, handsets, and servers. Now its everything; defense systems, autos, washer/dryers, you name it. So, having the vast majority of all semi's manufactured in a country that is in China's crosshairs represents a big risk to our economy and existence. So, like many other industries: think OIL, the U.S. is providing a financial jump start to bring the fabs home. The auto industry shipped almost 2 , 000,000 fewer units in the past 12 months because of a "parts" shortage.
coachg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Chips are only one part of the Chinese control of vital materials that will be required to meet so-called "green energy" goals.

Why am I not surprised that you are unaware that we use chips in more than just "green energy"?

mrgybe wrote:
These totally unrealistic goals are putting us at great risk, but we are governed by ignorant politicians who can't see further than the next election,

That has been happening for decades now on both sides. Politicians spend all their time raising money for their next election so all they do is cater to their special interest groups.

mrgybe wrote:
are supported by voters who have no understanding of the bigger picture.

That is a pretty good description of the current Republican party; run by religious fanatics who believe in a policy of ignorance.

Coachg
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
The semi industry is much more dynamic then it was in the 1990's. It used to be PC's, handsets, and servers. Now its everything; defense systems, autos, washer/dryers, you name it. So, having the vast majority of all semi's manufactured in a country that is in China's crosshairs represents a big risk to our economy and existence. So, like many other industries: think OIL, the U.S. is providing a financial jump start to bring the fabs home. The auto industry shipped almost 2 , 000,000 fewer units in the past 12 months because of a "parts" shortage.

Of course I understand that............I've been waiting for a new vehicle for months for that very reason, and, by coincidence just had a new dishwasher installed this morning after a lengthy delay. That's why I said earlier that the CHIPS Act is more defensible than bailing out people who don't want to pay their debts. But it deflects from the original point. Massive government spending and cheap money are two of the major root causes of current inflation. The Fed is finally clamping down on one of those elements.......but this Administration just keeps on handing out huge sums to its favorite constituencies. It won't end well.
coachg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
but this Administration just keeps on handing out huge sums to its favorite constituencies. It won't end well.

I hate to say it, but other than Clinton, all Administrations have been handing out huge sums of money to their favorite constituencies. I have no idea when it's going to end, but I fully agree it won't end well.

Coachg
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs, mainstreet America is collapsing. There's still a little life left. I've only had 2 investments besides RE during the last 12 months.. XOM & TBT.

You might have saved your clients some grief. Furthermore, keep pumping you kid with the vaccine. Lower his sperm count and disable his immune system. Of course now UCSF is offering CHILDREN sex change operations.

Your team is just horrible. Just horrible man
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
Boggs, mainstreet America is collapsing. There's still a little life left. I've only had 2 investments besides RE during the last 12 months.. XOM & TBT.

You might have saved your clients some grief. Furthermore, keep pumping you kid with the vaccine. Lower his sperm count and disable his immune system. Of course now UCSF is offering CHILDREN sex change operations.

did you get that from your Moocow handlers?

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

real-human wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:

did you get that from your Moocow handlers?

You might try calling UCSF and telling them you're 14 and would like to transition to a woman. A guy like you has no use for testosterone anyway.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 137, 138, 139  Next
Page 13 of 139

Jump to: