myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 197, 198, 199 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One stat in Techno’s piece didn’t sit well with me. California has the highest poverty rate? So, I checked. CA has the 26 th highest rate and 18 of the states with higher rates are RED states.

I wonder what else is inaccurate with this piece?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facts are not relevant ..
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah. I forgot.
techno900

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As expected, no comment on the proposed reparations. Doesn't anyone have the balls to address the issue? Dodging the real topic lends zero credibility to all the respondents.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno

I don’t know what your history is with studies. I have a significant amount of experience performing studies and designs and writing reports to be used as a starting basis for discussions involving a wide range of construction projects and governmental funding.

One of the biggest problems I have when I do this is that the study becomes politicized. Even in the construction industry. My studies have been mis-interpreted, misrepresented and inaccurately quoted out of context.

So, forgive me for not reacting to a piece, by someone with an agenda, who has “analyzed” preliminary study and how that might be used by a governmental agency.

You want to discuss reparations? That could be a topic. But, you’re starting the conversation with a number that is, likely, unworkable. That makes the discussion tainted from the start.

It’s not balls…it’s brains at work here.
coachg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
As expected, no comment on the proposed reparations. Doesn't anyone have the balls to address the issue?

Posting an opinion of an opinion doesn't take balls, nor does it take brains. Your Fox news template needs to be targeted at an appropriate audience like Iso. Surround it with advertisements for false teeth & silhouettes of bearded guys holding AR 15's & you are good to go.

Coachg
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900,

You drop a highly biased opinion piece that reads as an attack rant, and you expect to have rational discussion? That will never work, and you should understand why that's the case. If not, you need to put on a thinking cap instead of your goofy tinfoil hat.

Lastly, you can forget about your foolish teenage schoolyard taunts. They never work, and they always make you look like a frustrated loser.
vientomas

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How 'bout nutty NC?! Shooting up power stations? Whatever for???

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/04/us/power-outage-moore-county-criminal-investigation/index.html
mac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
As expected, no comment on the proposed reparations. Doesn't anyone have the balls to address the issue? Dodging the real topic lends zero credibility to all the respondents.

What a turd. You post something from a guy who writes for Daily Caller, reliably intended to activate the reptilian part of your brain—the white resentment part. As usual, you are trolling, and showing your southern roots.

Let me ask you questions you won’t dare to answer. Did the institutions of slavery, and American apartheid—separate but unequal—which persist in this country into this century, affect the lives of many African Americans? Did generations get poor education, particularly in the South? Did many Southern communities respond to the 1954 Supreme Court decision by resegregating their schools as private and charter schools? Did you make your living teaching at one of those private schools?

What exactly do you think is fair to right these wrongs?

I’m betting you don’t have the balls to admit your complicity in continued separate but unequal education.
techno900

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are a hoot. there are dozens and dozens of stories from all media sources, liberal and conservative with this story, and all of you still avoid commenting on the issue.

The implication with your nonresponses is that you too think California's efforts to initiate reparations at $223,000 per black resident is a nutty idea. If this assumption is incorrect, please share your thoughts.

https://www.newsweek.com/california-reparations-could-see-newsom-give-black-americans-223k-1764114

Mac, calling me a turd reminds me of some guys I knew in elementary school.

Regarding your question:
Quote:
Let me ask you questions you won’t dare to answer. Did the institutions of slavery, and American apartheid—separate but unequal—which persist in this country into this century, affect the lives of many African Americans? Did generations get poor education, particularly in the South? Did many Southern communities respond to the 1954 Supreme Court decision by resegregating their schools as private and charter schools? Did you make your living teaching at one of those private schools?

What exactly do you think is fair to right these wrongs?

I’m betting you don’t have the balls to admit your complicity in continued separate but unequal education.

So, to right the wrongs, are you in favor of the reparations? You seem reluctant to answer. The two independent schools that I worked in for 32 years worked extremely hard for diversity, with the much of their scholarship funds going to qualified minorities.

I guess you would do away with:

Quote:
The latest available data show that California has 3,050 private schools enrolling 471,000 students. Private schools are located throughout the state, and all but four small counties have at least one private school.
Funding for students attending private schools and ... - California
lao.ca.gov/BallotAnalysis/Initiative/2021-006

Quote:
According to NCES’ College Navigator, there are 347 private colleges and universities in California. This includes 184 nonprofit colleges and universities and 163 for-profit schools. There are 125 2-year schools and 258 private 4-year colleges in the state.
2022 Top Private Colleges and Universities in California
www.bestcolleges.com/rankings/best-private-schools/california
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 197, 198, 199 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 198 of 205

Jump to: