myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
You idiots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 137, 138, 139  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vientomas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump on the free market:

Q: How do you bring back jobs [outsourced by] American manufacturers? How do you make them bring the jobs back?

A: Well, the first thing you do is don't let the jobs leave. The companies are leaving. I could name, I mean, there are thousands of them. They're leaving, and they're leaving in bigger numbers than ever. And what you do is you say, fine, you want to go to Mexico or some other country, good luck. We wish you a lot of luck. But if you think you're going to make your air conditioners or your cars or your cookies or whatever you make and bring them into our country without a tax, you're wrong. And once you say you're going to have to tax them coming in, and our politicians never do this, because they have special interests and the special interests want those companies to leave, because in many cases, they own the companies. So what I'm saying is, we can stop them from leaving. We have to stop them from leaving. And that's a big, big factor.
Source: First 2016 Presidential Debate at Hofstra University , Sep 26, 2016
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
The one thing that is not clear , and it's bad is the FED facility .. The FED is taking in collateral and paying par for this collateral .So, if a treasury or mbs is trading at $88, and the FED takes it in at par , that means the FED is taking a $12 unrealized loss .. This is a huge number -- the window has been tapped as much as the discount window in 2008. The tax payer will pick this tab up because the Fed is ultimately backstopped by the tax payer ..

It is absolutely ok to challenge the decision to essentially lift the $250000 fdic insurance level.. We've socialized banks and deposit risk by doing this .. I also think idiots like Peter Thiel should be skewered -- it's a federal crime to trigger a bank run..

It seems to me that the run was inevitable. More importantly, you could say he warned his people with legitimate knowledge and concern

Days after triggering a run, he pleaded with the FED to save them .. Is that ok with you? Socialize the losses, and protect billionaires?

The Trump crew don't disagree with you. We loathe the billionaires. We want a return to free enterprise and free markets.

Bullshit. You want oil to be held at $40 a barrel, and also want a free market for oil? Can't have it both ways. Without the government subsidies given to oil companies, gas at the pump would be waaayyyy more than it is now. Government subsidies to corporations is not a "free market".

Oil at $40 a barrel (or below $70) is a no-brainer. Fracking, drilling, exploring, encouraging are all easy to do with the right leaders. (Like Trump)
vientomas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
vientomas wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
The one thing that is not clear , and it's bad is the FED facility .. The FED is taking in collateral and paying par for this collateral .So, if a treasury or mbs is trading at $88, and the FED takes it in at par , that means the FED is taking a $12 unrealized loss .. This is a huge number -- the window has been tapped as much as the discount window in 2008. The tax payer will pick this tab up because the Fed is ultimately backstopped by the tax payer ..

It is absolutely ok to challenge the decision to essentially lift the $250000 fdic insurance level.. We've socialized banks and deposit risk by doing this .. I also think idiots like Peter Thiel should be skewered -- it's a federal crime to trigger a bank run..

It seems to me that the run was inevitable. More importantly, you could say he warned his people with legitimate knowledge and concern

Days after triggering a run, he pleaded with the FED to save them .. Is that ok with you? Socialize the losses, and protect billionaires?

The Trump crew don't disagree with you. We loathe the billionaires. We want a return to free enterprise and free markets.

Bullshit. You want oil to be held at $40 a barrel, and also want a free market for oil? Can't have it both ways. Without the government subsidies given to oil companies, gas at the pump would be waaayyyy more than it is now. Government subsidies to corporations is not a "free market".

Oil at $40 a barrel (or below $70) is a no-brainer. Fracking, drilling, exploring, encouraging are all easy to do with the right leaders. (Like Trump)

By definition, a "free market" does not include the government. As such, the free market should not be effected by who "the leaders" are.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:

Written by someone with no understanding of either the oil industry or government.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
vientomas wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

By definition, a "free market" does not include the government. As such, the free market should not be effected by who "the leaders" are.

You're crazy
vientomas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
vientomas wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
vientomas wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

You're crazy

Please enlighten me oh great and wise "Guru"...what is your definition of "free market?"
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oil at $40 a barrel (or below $70) is a no-brainer. Fracking, drilling, exploring, encouraging are all easy to do with the right leaders. (Like Trump)"

You seem very determined to sell the above nonsense. But after three times up to the plate, seems that you've got no buyers.

I have to ask a few questions at this juncture. Do you think that the US (with the right leaders, of course) can just blow off the reality of the global oil market? With 100% home sourced product, and no imported oil at all?

By doing all that, do you think we would have the power and capability to control the oil market worldwide, and most importantly, for how long?
mac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard doesn’t know what the word “cartel” means.
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the first "conspiracies" I ever believed in was the phenomena known as "PEAK OIL", in the early 2000's.

The general gist wasn't so much that the world would run flat out of bubblin' crude. More like, the cost of extraction would exceed the returns, when all the easily accessible oil was near to depletion. And so, when we got close to this point, the price of gasoline, kerosenes (which include heating oil, jet fuel and diesel fuels) were expected to spiral out of control.

I think I recall some mention of geo-political factors, but the main concerns at the time were chiefly economic, at least in terms of energy spent vs. realized.
Now it seems clear to me that the current main driving factor is definitely political. How do you like this acronym: NIMBY

NIMBY is an easy problem to solve, when the backyard in question belongs to some hillbilly US resident. It gets harder when it is owned by a large corporation. But let's not stop there ...

So why is this GEO-political, and not simply a domestic issue? Could it be related to USG traitors selling off our homeland to foreign investors?

Could the world simply be running out of exploitable backyards? If all the new foreign owners of potentially develop-able land are in on the "green" (read: population reduction) agenda, then I wouldn't expect much new domestic energy production.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeLaRonde wrote:
One of the first "conspiracies" I ever believed in was the phenomena known as "PEAK OIL", in the early 2000's.

The general gist wasn't so much that the world would run flat out of bubblin' crude. More like, the cost of extraction would exceed the returns, when all the easily accessible oil was near to depletion. And so, when we got close to this point, the price of gasoline, kerosenes (which include heating oil, jet fuel and diesel fuels) were expected to spiral out of control.

I think I recall some mention of geo-political factors, but the main concerns at the time were chiefly economic, at least in terms of energy spent vs. realized.
Now it seems clear to me that the current main driving factor is definitely political. How do you like this acronym: NIMBY

NIMBY is an easy problem to solve, when the backyard in question belongs to some hillbilly US resident. It gets harder when it is owned by a large corporation. But let's not stop there ...

So why is this GEO-political, and not simply a domestic issue? Could it be related to USG traitors selling off our homeland to foreign investors?

Could the world simply be running out of exploitable backyards? If all the new foreign owners of potentially develop-able land are in on the "green" (read: population reduction) agenda, then I wouldn't expect much new domestic energy production.

Crazy and incoherent. Sad.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 137, 138, 139  Next
Page 61 of 139

Jump to: