myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Way to Go California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Techno....more drivel to spark more negativity. You're like a little kid who just can't seem to lay off being an antagonist. I've lived in the Golden State for 35 years, and I love it...I cant imagine living anywhere else. I've often thought about living somewhere else but It's hard to beat skiing Squaw, windsurfing under the GG Bridge, MTB riding everywhere 365 days a year, hiking amongst giant Redwoods, having the best access to the highest quality food anywhere in the country, year round... Its an amazing place in my view.. And I have nothing negative to say about North Carolina...I love the Asheville area, OBX, the spectacular college campuses like Wake Forrest, Chapel Hill, and Duke.
My suggestion: stay positive and stop taking pot shots at CA, its tired, and you probably have better uses for your time.
techno900

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The state is wonderful, it's mostly the government that is screwing things up. It was a fantastic place to grow up in but now??? The rest of the country is looking at Calif. and Gavin Newsome as an example of what liberal leadership can generate, and its mostly craziness.

Another example of this: From the San Diego Union-Tribune

$25 an hour for unskilled, uneducated workers? The hole may get a bit deeper.

Quote:
Labor unions representing thousands of hotel, janitorial and convention workers are calling on the San Diego City Council to boost the pay of lower-paid service employees to $25 an hour — a 50 percent increase over the current citywide minimum wage.

Union members are planning a mile-long march Wednesday afternoon to City Hall to highlight their call to action — a proposed wage ordinance that would cover a broad swath of employers, from hotels and the San Diego Convention Center to Petco Park, Pechanga Arena and tech companies like Qualcomm.

While the largest focus of the San Diego Service Worker Minimum Wage Ordinance is the city's hotel workers, the legislation's language encompasses janitor and security personnel at biotech and technology companies, as well as those employed at "event centers," which can include concert halls, stadiums, sports arenas and convention centers.

More specifically, the draft ordinance defines event center employees as those working in food preparation, ushering, ticket-taking, concessions and in parking structures. Union leader Brigette Browning estimates that the number of hotel workers affected is roughly 8,000. Their hourly pay, she said, currently ranges from $16.85 — San Diego's minimum wage — to $28.

In a city like San Diego where the cost of living remains high, service workers are struggling to get by financially, she argues.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should re-phrase your comment to "right leaning CA haters are looking at ........" You are in an echo chamber, and can't seem to get out. I'm a capitalist, and believe in supply and demand.. If your negative view was widespread, it would be reflected in home prices....CA is still the most expensive housing market in the country... My suggestion is to pick on Arizona, or Texas, or Florida... far more disfunctional than the Golden State...
Still-Waters

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Way to Go California Reply with quote

real-human wrote:
techno900 wrote:
https://www.hoover.org/research/california-loses-nearly-10000-fast-food-jobs-after-20-minimum-wage-signed-last-fall

is this a source that never went after Trumps pecker?

Hey does ted cruz have 2 heads and is his father really with Oswald... or was ted with 5 prostitutes.

and you are saying your source backed up trumps pecker lies...

Have you shared about your obsession with another man's penis with your therapist?
real-human

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Way to Go California Reply with quote

Still-Waters wrote:
real-human wrote:
techno900 wrote:
https://www.hoover.org/research/california-loses-nearly-10000-fast-food-jobs-after-20-minimum-wage-signed-last-fall

is this a source that never went after Trumps pecker?

Hey does ted cruz have 2 heads and is his father really with Oswald... or was ted with 5 prostitutes.

and you are saying your source backed up trumps pecker lies...

Have you shared about your obsession with another man's penis with your therapist?

Have you gone to a therapist to explain your defense "love of" of serial pediophiles.

Still-Waters

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
isobars wrote:
Seriously? SERIOUSLY? You guys are more concerned about the homeless than about pro-Hamas (.i.e., modern nazis) rioters tearing our country apart with no consequences? Can you spell Europe 1937?

I thought for decades that the solution for run-of-the-mill protestors blocking bridges in Seattle was bulldozers. For freaks screaming "Kill the Jews", "Death to America", etc. and physically assaulting Jews, we need to up the ante. It's time to use airport-runway-sized snow blowers.

More pig shit. Meaningful commentary is dead.

Mac’s way of defending anti-semites on liberal campuses. He’s so proud of them, hence the crickets and diversion. Meanwhile, my sister and her Jewish husband just saw a Swastika sticker on the hood of a high end vehicle. Ssssh, Isobars, they don’t want you to draw attention to the Nazis their schools are turning out. Some people are worried about pig shit and not the pigs their beloved institutions create.

2000 arrests and counting. I thought Baja would be drawing attention to this but I guess it’s too embarrassing and indicative of his hypocrisy.

Last edited by Still-Waters on Sat May 04, 2024 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
mac

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still-Waters wrote:
mac wrote:
isobars wrote:
Seriously? SERIOUSLY? You guys are more concerned about the homeless than about pro-Hamas (.i.e., modern nazis) rioters tearing our country apart with no consequences? Can you spell Europe 1937?

I thought for decades that the solution for run-of-the-mill protestors blocking bridges in Seattle was bulldozers. For freaks screaming "Kill the Jews", "Death to America", etc. and physically assaulting Jews, we need to up the ante. It's time to use airport-runway-sized snow blowers.

Mac’s way of defending anti-semites on liberal campuses. He’s so proud of them, hence the crickets and diversion. Meanwhile, my sister and her Jewish husband just saw a Swastika sticker on the hood of a high end vehicle. Ssssh, Isobars, they don’t want you to draw attention to the Nazis their schools are turning out. Some people are worried about pig shit and not the pigs their beloved institutions create.

2000 arrests and counting. I thought Baja would be drawing attention to this but I guess it’s to embarrassing and indicative of his hypocrisy.

Still a raving asshole, willing to make shit up. Facts and thinking have been forgotten. If you want my opinion, just ask.

What Hamas did was vile. What Israel is doing is vile. As they say, in the land where the fundamental principle is an eye for an eye, everyone is blind.

More to the point, what Israel is doing won’t make them safer. And their cutting edge are the fascistic settlers who steal land and shoot Palestinians.

Right wing loonies like Still waters and Isobars will justify anything their right wing heroes do or say. They just love authoritarians. And they all looked the other way when Trump’s brown shirts chanted “Jews will not replace us.”

Get stuffed.
Still-Waters

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Still-Waters wrote:
mac wrote:
isobars wrote:

2000 arrests and counting. I thought Baja would be drawing attention to this but I guess it’s to embarrassing and indicative of his hypocrisy.

Still a raving asshole, willing to make shit up. Facts and thinking have been forgotten. If you want my opinion, just ask.

What Hamas did was vile. What Israel is doing is vile. As they say, in the land where the fundamental principle is an eye for an eye, everyone is blind.

More to the point, what Israel is doing won’t make them safer. And their cutting edge are the fascistic settlers who steal land and shoot Palestinians.

Right wing loonies like Still waters and Isobars will justify anything their right wing heroes do or say. They just love authoritarians. And they all looked the other way when Trump’s brown shirts chanted “Jews will not replace us.”

Get stuffed.

So it sounds like they have your support- sort of.

Try studying some history mr brown shirt. Use those knuckles for more than dragging on the ground, and flip some pages or search sources outside of you biased sources and your indoctrination camps. Your Jewish history Kanye edition doesn't cut it. Mac and Dean love their higher education institutes who fuel deep hatred in the name of false virtue.

Stuff yourself virtue bigot. You should move to Baja with your fellow idiot. You two are cut from the same cloth.
mac

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still-Waters wrote:

So it sounds like they have your support- sort of.

Try studying some history mr brown shirt. Use those knuckles for more than dragging on the ground, and flip some pages or search sources outside of you biased sources and your indoctrination camps. Your Jewish history Kanye edition doesn't cut it. Mac and Dean love their higher education institutes who fuel deep hatred in the name of false virtue.

Stuff yourself virtue bigot. You should move to Baja with your fellow idiot. You two are cut from the same cloth.

No facts penetrate. Bigots are vile. That includes you. Liars are vile. That includes you and all your heroes.
Still-Waters

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Still-Waters on Sun May 05, 2024 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: