myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 139, 140, 141 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
mac wrote:
CB--As long as folks like Trump mock the disabled and folks like gybe mock LGBTQ rights, without consequences, we will need laws to protect their civil rights.

You are right that for issues like toys, education--and decisions by businesses--are what matters. But as you can see when the Dr. Seuss foundation decides to not publish books with clearly racist images--"conservatives" lose their minds. The only thing that fits within their cancel culture is cancelling elections and voting rights if they lose.

Mac. I disagree with a heavy handed approach to the discussions involving, especially, gender neutral toys. Often, the discussions around gender neutrality gets shifted to issues regarding gender identity. This scares people unnecessarily. We all know that what toys a child plays with has nothing to do with gender identity or sexual orientation. But, it is hard to convince some of this when we try and force what they feel is a liberal takings of morality.

As it is now, most educated parents are well aware of the damage they cause their children by defining how they play. Why can't we focus on educating parents rather than create a law that becomes a siren for the anti-LGBT crowd? Gender neutral toys just need to happen on its own. Creating a law like this will only create a conflict that won't accomplish anything.

Agreed. I imagine it will remain in committee.

Notice how the “polite” Brit belittled the racism experienced by Markle. An expert in all things.
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead said:
Quote:
As it is now, most educated parents are well aware of the damage they cause their children by defining how they play.

Dang, it's so sad that everyone over the age of 10 has been so damaged by their parents dictating how they should play.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
coboardhead said:
Quote:
As it is now, most educated parents are well aware of the damage they cause their children by defining how they play.

Dang, it's so sad that everyone over the age of 10 has been so damaged by their parents dictating how they should play.

Perfect. A former educator who doesn't understand how gender stereotyping can affect the development of a child. Do you not get how insisting that a little girl play with a doll and not an erector set can affect the future ability of that child to perform in technical fields?

Maybe a law is required...
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
If oil stayed in low 30's , Exxon most certainly would have had issues.

I'm glad to see that you have backed off from the "clueless" and "wrong for a decade" diatribe and are now narrowing your argument to improbable hypotheses............although whining that I am mocking and belittling after your demeaning comments, is right up there with Markle and the Royal ginge. I won't argue that Chevron hasn't done a better job over the past decade; that's why I own more of it than XOM. However, I'm sure that XOM was confident that oil would not stay in the low 30s and could sustain the dividend. I shared that confidence. If you find that clueless, so be it.

"improbable"...Don't tell that to Jay Powell. Oil companies dominate the junk bond market. They were plunging last Spring, which forced the FED to backstop the Junk market. If he didn't, we would have had many bankruptcies, maybe even XOM. Do a search on Bloomberg showing the viability of 9% dividends...

Tidbit: TSLA's move today is equal to 40% of Exxon's entire market value. TODAY!

Last edited by boggsman1 on Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.munchkinsplanet.com/how-gender-specific-toys-threats-your-childs-development/#:~:text=Gender%20specific%20toys%20have%20a%20major%20influence%20on,gender%20label%20can%20help%20to%20solve%20the%20problem.

An example article. There are thousands.

A number of my family members are educators, Techno. The science on childhood toys and development, probably, pre-dates even your professional life. Didn't this come to your attention during your career?
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
https://www.munchkinsplanet.com/how-gender-specific-toys-threats-your-childs-development/#:~:text=Gender%20specific%20toys%20have%20a%20major%20influence%20on,gender%20label%20can%20help%20to%20solve%20the%20problem.

A number of my family members are educators, Techno. The science on childhood toys and development, probably, pre-dates even your professional life. Didn't this come to your attention during your career?

The primary issue is Government dictating to retail stores how they must display/market their products for children. Government overreach to the tenth degree and California is the leader. No surprise there.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
coboardhead wrote:

The primary issue is Government dictating to retail stores how they must display/market their products for children. Government overreach to the tenth degree and California is the leader. No surprise there.

Sedition. A party that tries to overrule a huge victory for Joe Biden, lying every step of the way. A president who makes fun of disabled people and gropes, or rapes, younger women--while telling 20,000 lies. Suppression of voting, targeted in North Carolina with surgical precision at black voters. White supremacists chanting "Jews will not replace us", and carrying Confederate flags while they attack police officers. This is the modern conservative movement, which Techno supports without visible reservation. What does he find to complain about? A draft bill in another state. Dude, get a life. Get a conscience. Form a non-profit to clean up pig shit lagoons.

Last edited by mac on Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
coboardhead wrote:

I stated that I believed it to be government over reach to correct a REAL issue that can be better addressed by other methods. You responded by belittling the considerable science behind the effects on children of gender biased toys.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
coboardhead wrote:

The whole f'n problem with our "freedom" society is that Madison Ave. and more lately FANG Ave. gets to dictate what we're fed! The Government has very little to do with it and are playing catchup!
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
techno900 wrote:
coboardhead wrote:

Sedition. A party that tries to overrule a huge victory for Joe Biden, lying every step of the way. A president who makes fun of disabled people and gropes, or rapes, younger women--while telling 20,000 lies. Suppression of voting, targeted in North Carolina with surgical precision at black voters. White supremacists chanting "Jews will not replace us", and carrying Confederate flags while they attack police officers. This is the modern conservative movement, which Techno supports without visible reservation. What does he find to complain about? A draft bill in another state. Dude, get a life. Get a conscience. Form a non-profit to clean up pig shit lagoons.

Typical diversion. Any comments on the stated issue?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 139, 140, 141 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 140 of 205

Jump to: