myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
JP 180ASA board review??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkyRocketnFlight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: JP 180ASA board review?? Reply with quote

Any one familiar with this board, touted as a cross between the JP X-Cite and the JP large 205 volume NuSchool?
Looking also to compare and contrast it to a
Starboard GO 185 and
a BIC Techno 293?

Im 62 235, getting back to the sport since I hiatus since 1988!

Thx, SkyRocketnFlight
poussin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: RE: JP 180ASA board review?? Reply with quote

Hi Skyrocker
I cant tell you the differences between those boards, but you can always call a few board shops in different areas as well as schools to get a better idea. Of course some of them will be biased to whatever they are selling, but if you call a few shops, youll get more info and usually find some friendly people who will give you an honest opinion.
For what its worth, Bic seems to be a great entry level company with great prices and bomb proof construction-great for learning the basics.
Have fun and keep us posted!
Greg
vzla

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: RE: JP 180ASA board review?? Reply with quote

Hey SKYROCKER,
I am also getting back into the sport, but my hyatus started back in 1996. The boards I am looking at are the JP180ES, Bic tecno II 82 and Bic Nova 165. I am in south florida where we need big sails to get going, but I figured that these boards would allow me to have fun and re-learn all the tricks.

vzla
carl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: RE: JP 180ASA board review?? Reply with quote

VZLA,
Im not familiar with the other boards but I would recommend the Bic Techno Formula over the Bic Nova. They are really the same hull (so same stability when uphauling) but the beginner-oriented Nova has extra weight with the EVA softfoam deck and youll like the more advanced footstrap positions on the techno formula, in no time since you have sailed before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: