myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
New Graph - version 1.3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> WeatherFlow Labs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trippe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: New dynamic graph is too slow Reply with quote

The beta test dynamic graph performs poorly compared the to previous dynamic graph. I like to zoom out and grab and slide the graph to the right to see many previous days, so I can see the wind patterns. That is much slower in the new beta version. My old 800 MHz PC may be partly to blame, but the previous dynamic graph slid to the right easily and allowed me to see many days into the past. The new version is much slower to respond when I try to slide it to the right, and it only goes back a few days. I vote to keep the current version until the new version performs better and allows us to see many days into the past.

P.S. Could you keep the predictions for past days so I can better evaluate the reliability of the predictions, rather than delete them from the graphs of past days.
smileyh1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Doesnt work on iPhone Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Very dissappointing Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

The new wind graph doesn't seem to load on the Apple iPhone, while the old one does. Is there any way we can have the option of using the old one? One of the reasons I got the iPhone is so I can check the wind graphs when I'm on the road.
dmechanic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: New Graph Shows Different values than the current graph Reply with quote

Guys,

For Napeague, on sept 29, 2007 your new graph shows projections that are very different from your classic graph.

I actually like your old one better. It feels more responsive, smooth.

David
michal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: why flash? Reply with quote

I like both (new/old), albeit they are more of an eyecandy....

Weather forecasts overimposed are cool, now you can really see how good they are.

I'd like to see tides/currents overimposed where relevant (Delta,Bodega)

Do not like the use of Adobe Flash 9 as it is not always supported (yep, using Linux)...

Thanks for good work!
slavik

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Zooming feature Reply with quote

1. Zooming with scroll wheel doesn't work quite right at "Current Wind" screen - well, it does but at the same time when scrolling with a wheel, the screen scrolls vertically at the same time.

2. It would be nice if "Current Wind" graph could take an entire screen. My screen resolution is 1600x1200 - let me use it please. I understand that you are trying to make it look nice for all the resolutions out there - but give me an option to use my entire screen please.

3. There is no way to load Current Wind map for "Forecast Locations". I understand that there are no sensors there, but you have put so much forecast info into the new "Current Wind" screens, so it would only make sense to use it for "Forecast Locations" as well as for locations with wind sensors.

4. There is an option to change the map size on the "Dynamic Map" screen - but it takes 50 mouse clicks to actually adjust it to the full screen. Why not just resize the map window to occupy all available space, instead of letting user adjust it. If IE window size is XXX x YYYY - adjust the map to use an entire screen. Also, scroll wheel does not work to zoom in and zoom out. Google map does have this feature already. Please, if you cannot dynamically resize the map area, at least remember the size set by the user between sessions.
gotkite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: iphone and adobe Reply with quote

It does not work on the iphone which is a huge problem the iphone does not support adobe. this is the only major pain in the butt flaw in the iphone so for now i will have to stick to the old version.

is there a non adobe version coming out?
dlathouras

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: New Dynamic Graph Reply with quote

I like the new dynamic graph. Please note. The "Save Settings" feature is not working on my Mac in Firefox and Safari.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> WeatherFlow Labs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: