myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
5pm Civic Center (SF) to protest cuts to public education
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickB wrote:
I'm not sure if the protests will have any impact, but they surely did some good by letting the community vent. What is being done to our kids is not right. We are depriving them of the means to clean up our mess.

Absolutely right ... and we're billing them for the mess, to the tune of over $100,000,000,000,000, with no apparent shame. Where's the uproar over that, except from the conservative right?
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
Those in charge aren't going to think something is wrong unless people make a stink about it.

But that's to be tolerated only from the left? Good luck with that.
NickB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please take your pills.
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he took off his Magic Blinders, because he apparently sees everyone's posts now.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30, and still OT.
mogunn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
30, and still OT.

Come on sweetie, we all know you're older than that.

Wink

swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stand back and view isobars and his stick. What a total loser!

It's hard to believe, but he's trying to portray himself as a victim here. Pretty damn clumsy and not well thought out. The guy has no introspection, a sense of humility, or more importantly, any real honesty about his actions.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom line, Nick ... in your next protest, presuming they are peaceful, I suggest you borrow an idea from countless TEA party signs:
"Balance your budget the same way we have to: spend less than you earn."

Put something like that on your signs, on your bumpers, and in your e-mails and phone calls and letters to the editors. Make it crystal clear that you will vote only for local and national politicians who not only promise to do that (we saw how well empty promises worked with Bush and Arnold!) but walk the talk. SURELY there's one sane pol in the Bay Area to replace your global laughing stock, Nancy Pelosi, whose military jets cost taxpayers $18,000 per hour -- > $1M/year -- just for the plane rides, plus her 6-figure bar tab. That must really elicit respect for our government from the execs she told not to use corporate jets. (Yet the media criticizes Palin for selling off Alaska's executive jet, apparently because it was Palin.)

Didja hear the pundit whose comment about the Obamacare sob story that some uninsured lady was using her dead sister's dentures was, "Hell, Pelosi's wearing her dead sister's face."?

Mike
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISO , thanks for injecting yourself into the Bay Area political scene. Now go back to your shack in the tri-cities and STFU!
Boggsman ....still cold from yesterdays Crissy sesh.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly won't inject myself into SF politics.......but Nancy Pelosi transcends local politics and I am genuinely baffled by her ascent to become arguably the most powerful woman in the world. Her delivery of prepared remarks is average at best........she looks like she is reading.......and her extemporaneous speaking is awful.......she is twitchy, halting, uncertain, particularly under pressure. Her intellect, and breadth of knowledge, to be generous, seems limited. I well remember her stating (and repeating with different words in different forums) that we need to move away from carbon based fuels to wind, solar and clean burning natural gas..........for those of you who don't know......natural gas IS a carbon based fuel. Armed with that type of ignorance she is driving energy legislation that will impact us all.........to be fair, her ignorance is by no means unique in Congress. What else don't they know?.......scary.

Clearly, since becoming Speaker, she has been able to bang heads to get things done.......that's her job and I admire her ability in that regard. But how did she get there? Is she really a compelling figure at a more personal local level? Incidentally, I think she looks pretty good for a woman of her vintage (if a little frozen at times).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: