myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Rentals in los barilles?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Rentals in los barilles? Reply with quote

Hi There, I will be in baja in the next week and was wondering if anyone knows if you can rent bikes or windsurfing gear from Vela if you dont have a reservation package with them? I was told that they probably dont accept walk ins and should probably go to La ventana instead. Any Idea how much they charge if they do? Thanks Richard
seablind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how much Vela charges, but they do accept walk-ins, so long as it's not christmas/new year's weeks. So if you are there next week you should be able to rent bikes and windsurf gear from them. Hope you have a great trip!
windsrf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy to just call them for details? Friendly staff.
bprice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been going to Vela Baja for 13 seasons and I see walk ups all the time. Only when they're at capacity do they say no. Nice new equipment each year too. Along with Specialized brand hard tails they added some full suspension bikes to their fleet last year. And they have a pro bike guide who leads regular rides and can direct you to the best trails. You can check the Vela daily wind report page to see pics and videos of what to expect. http://www.velawindsurf.com/html/pages/destinations/baja/wind-reports.php
richi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: thanks for the replys Reply with quote

I havent got a figure on daily rentals yet but I know its $50 to $60 in La ventana. Hopefully they are pretty reasonable at Vela too, cant wait.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: