myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 315, 316, 317 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

54% of Republicans support Trump as the candidate even after he tried to over throw the election. There are lots of folks like Malibu with a major disconnect between fantasy and reality out there.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we find in the Republican party is a rampant dishonesty, and a fevered desire to do almost anything to get the things they want. That's why they support an unfit and dishonest con man like Donald Trump and the kind of sycophants he attracts and manipulates.

I fear that things are going to get much worse before they can get better. In the meantime, America goes down the drain.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my brother.

Charlie was directly below the shooter when he began firing!!! He was literally on the corner in front of the Ross store when he heard the shooting start. Almost nobody could have been closer - the shooter was just 20 feet above him! He said he didn’t see any carnage (thank god). I’m guessing the guy’s targets were a bit further down the street? When he got a little further away, he looked back to see if he could see the shooter in the street, or whatever. He didn’t. He was also shocked to learn that the guy unloaded 70 bullets in the few seconds time he heard gun fire. Insane!
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a media that is trying to already claim this is not a trumper episode... Sure it was not antifas fault?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/highland-park-shooter-part-of-a-new-wave-of-terror-that-advanced-well-past-donald-trump-extremism-expert/ar-AAZdnpZ?cvid=68b42fe91f7447af92fc3b500be28dd2&ocid=winp2sv1plus

Philips Headlight Restoration Kit with UV protection - Complete Kit to restore headlight lenses

Quote:
The alleged gunman in the Highland Park massacre was photographed at Donald Trump rallies, but an expert on online extremism said he's part of a "new wave of terror" that doesn't appear to have a specific political motivation.

Robert "Bobby" Crimo III was taken into custody hours after the shooting that killed six people and wounded 38 others at an Illinois parade on the Fourth of July, and NBC News correspondent Ben Collins told MSNBC's "Morning Joe" what he had learned about the person of interest in the massacre.

"I will say that -- man, there's no other way to put this -- the one thing that combines all these things is ready access to weapons, and this guy had ready access to weapons," Collins said. "That's just the one thing. He had ready access to a machine that could kill a bunch of people in a short period of time. You're not going to be able to stop this on a rhetorical level."

J64TWB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-irina-kevin-mccarthy-two-year-old-son-20220706-egrkrv5unjfjfdy3u73tfuzfsi-story.html

Change the fucking amendment.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J64TWB wrote:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-irina-kevin-mccarthy-two-year-old-son-20220706-egrkrv5unjfjfdy3u73tfuzfsi-story.html

Change the Supreme Court.

The second amendment had nothing to do with how guns are owned in America today. How could it? There was no way the authors of the constitution and subsequent Bill of Rights could have foreseen the type of weapon that was used so close to your loved one.

The second amendment was a compromise to allow
Slave owner States to use militias to track down escaped slaves or to prevent an uprising.

I believe it is an inherent right (more in the pre amble to the Constition than in any Amendment) for a citizen to be able to reasonably protect himself and his family. But that should never be interpreted as a right to own a weapon than can inflict such damage on so many so easily.

With 50 percent of this nation unwilling or unable to think objectively about guns, or anything really, I’m afraid we’re in for a rough time ahead.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J64TWB wrote:

here was that headline so the right wing haters see if they have a shred of empathy.
Highland Park shooting victims include both parents of toddler found wandering alone after gunfire. ‘Are Mommy and Daddy coming soon?’ boy asked grandfather.

J64TWB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m all for a compromise. We need drastic change not token BS. That toddler wandering around asking when Mom and Dad are coming back just fucking breaks my heart. How about this. America sucks my ass.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/comparing-america-to-israel-on-gun-laws-is-dishonest-and-revealing/
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to reduce crime in general, especially gun violence (NOT including suicide; that's a personal choice issue)? STOP ELECTING BLEEDING HEART FAR LEFT POLITICIANS.

How many bullets did Timothy McVeigh's gun carry? Oh, yeah .. NONE. He used bags of frigging fertilizer to kill 168 people.

How many bullets did the World Trade Center terrorists use?

What international border is the deadliest land migration route in the world? Our southern border under Joe Biden. Sez who? The UN.

What ubiquitous murder weapon kills tens of millions every year yet flows freely across that border? Fentanyl.

What weapon was most efficient and effective in Hitler's murder of 6 million Jews?

What implement has been blamed by medical researchers for killing far more people worldwide than any of those (prior to fentanyl ... maybe)? The food pyramid, conceived in and by the U.S. and copied closely worldwide?

Put emotions aside and use facts to solve problems. A far left rag called "The Week" claimed that banning large-capacity magazines resulted in a 206% drop in the fatality rate of gun massacres. Even the most arithmetically challenged numbnut here (I hope) understands the mathematical impossibility of such a claim.
SAS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some facts:

Gun deaths in the USA, annually: 45222 (source CDC)

Opiate deaths in the USA, annually: 68630 (source CDC)

Trade center deaths: 2996

McVeigh deaths: 168

Deaths at the southern border: 650 (source texastribune.org/2022/06/28/texas-migrant-deaths-smuggling/#:~:text=At%20least%20650%20migrants%20died,tracking%20the%20data%20in%202014.)

I find no data on deaths from the food pyramid.

Hitler killed millions.

Of these issues, Hitler, Timothy McVeigh, and the Trade Center terrorists are dead, so there will be zero deaths from them.

Southern border deaths are minor compared to guns and opiates. Smart people would like to reduce the numbers of BOTH gun and opiate deaths. Small minded people like Iso can’t understand this.

When I pointed out that a woman in the Capitol insurrection died of an OD Iso wrote “Killed by”? No, unless someone else injected her, she killed herself. Drugs … just like a gun … cannot just up and kill someone. Thus my emphasis on the word, ”killed” in my original post."

So which is it? Above Iso says drugs kill, but earlier he wrote they do not. Typical of a small minded person

And here is a lie:
” What ubiquitous murder weapon kills tens of millions every year yet flows freely across that border? Fentanyl”

As noted above opiate deaths are only 68630. The CDC does not list fentanyl deaths, but they note 13165 were from heroin. So, if every other opiate death was from fentanyl, that would be about 55000 deaths, far from “millions,” and only about 10000 more than gun deaths.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/injury.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 315, 316, 317 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 316 of 331

Jump to: