myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
We produce 11m/bd, it could go to 13-14(maybe), we consume 20m/bd. We produce a ton of Nat Gas, no issues there, and not comparable to the EU. The US is way way way better off than Germany or France.

Boggsy, You seem to be missing the point, so let me ask a straightforward question........from an environmental, or economic, or national security standpoint, is it better to optimize development of domestic sources of oil and gas, or to outsource that activity to unstable or hostile foreign countries with questionable environmental standards? The Biden Administration and California have chosen the latter path.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to have answered the question yourself. Your loaded question is packed with assumptions, and givens....I'd be happy to engage if you're interested. I'll also add a quote from Scott Sheffield stating that Pioneer in the Permian is operating at peak capacity and profitability. There are over 600 unused permits in the Permian, our richest crude region, Why? A few answers...Because most CEO's remember the Summer of 2020 like it was yesterday. Because its expensive in an inflationary world. Because the pool of available labor is not there. Also of note , the Bakken went bankrupt, thanks to very high costs ...So, returning to 13-15mm/ bd, is not economical, especially when Mr. Trump's friends produce crude for about $4 /barrel.

I also wouldn't characterize importing OPEC oil as outsourcing. We use 20mm /barrels a day in our SUV loving world, so we need it, we always have... hopefully EV's change that.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "big lie" is like a death threatening cancer to democracy. The "big lie" is something the Donald Trump unleashed in an attempt to overcome democracy and establish something else to ensure his power. Thinking back to 2016, Trump was ramping up for the 'big lie" drama until he won, and it suddenly vaporized.

That's the truth, but seemingly, too many Americans are dumb enough not to see it. Sadly, I worry greatly about our future as a nation.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
We produce 11m/bd, it could go to 13-14(maybe), we consume 20m/bd. We produce a ton of Nat Gas, no issues there, and not comparable to the EU. The US is way way way better off than Germany or France.

Boggsy, You seem to be missing the point, so let me ask a straightforward question........from an environmental, or economic, or national security standpoint, is it better to optimize development of domestic sources of oil and gas, or to outsource that activity to unstable or hostile foreign countries with questionable environmental standards? The Biden Administration and California have chosen the latter path.

Someone who posts this under the thread “Gun Nuts” is clearly nuts.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live a few towns away from the Highland Park parade massacre. A couple times each month we have a park concerts where a band plays to a several hundred people live. Last night I walked by and it saddened me. Usually, I see no police anywhere, just family’s picnicking listening to the music. I cant remember seeing a single officer in the years I have been coming.

Times have changed. The only thing I noticed last night were squad cars all over the place and armed Police in full battle fatigues roaming the park as if at any moment all hell was going to break loose.

Is this the world we want Bard? Should Mom and Dad pack some heat in the baby stroller in case the swat team isn’t enough? They were playing “Here comes the Sun” by the Beatles. Didn’t seem very happy or sunny with the swat team as a constant reminder that a blood bath is micro seconds away. Welcome to Bards idea of utopia.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much coverage are you guys' lefty news media giving the heroic 22-yo legally armed citizen who shot a mass shooter dead in the act in Greenwood, IN? Don't even bother questioning his being called a hero. He qualifies as one in every respect.
coachg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
How much coverage are you guys' lefty news media giving the heroic 22-yo legally armed citizen who shot a mass shooter dead in the act in Greenwood, IN? Don't even bother questioning his being called a hero. He qualifies as one in every respect.

Good point as he certainly does. The story was covered by my local news but probably not by prime news as you say. But let us consider for a moment how FOX News would have covered the story if the political ideologies were switched like the recent rape of a 10 year old Ohio girl. The first thing they did was say that the girl & mother were lying. Then they called Biden a liar for reporting it & then they called the doctor a liar. So I guess the difference between lefty news & righty news is lefty news doesn't report the incident while righty news lies about it. Do you see now why we keep calling you a liar? It is your first natural response after years of dishonest news.

Coachg
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The killing of the shooter was well covered in multiple main stream media, virtually immediately. Isobars avoids such media and relies on Fox or its clones to lie about main stream media coverage. The sadder point is that such successes--the "good guy with a gun stopping a bad guy with an automatic weapon" is about as rare as a winning lottery ticket. We are very lucky that this guy was well trained and a good shot--no innocent bystanders were shot. Even cops fail at this sometimes. Kudos to him. The gun nuts will continue to argue the anecdote and ignore the pattern.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

Answer : A lot. I've seen no fewer than 50 articles, news reports, TV pieces on the event.

Next question?
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Jimmy Carter warned us about you and your america haters when he was president... He gave a speech that americans MUST get rid of the control Oil companies and countries have over us. But you and your industry proper up Russia and the ME even more. You and yours are a clear and present danger...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 327 of 331

Jump to: