myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Aerotech dagger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
judahlionheart7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Aerotech dagger Reply with quote

.5Hello Can anyone tell me the wind range of a 7.5 dagger,I weigh 170 lbs.
Aerotech says that this sail is designed for a longboard,would this be a good sail for my 1998 Mistral Equipe 2
Thanks eahleheart
konajoe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd think 0 - 25 kts. The board will become unmanageable before the sail will.
windydoug

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to what Kona Joe said……

Your ability to sail that sail in anywhere near 25 knots of wind will depend on your skill as a windsurfer, and your understanding of tuning the sail (and that board) to go in that wind.
I notice that you joined IWind a couple days ago, so will assume that you are perhaps a beginner or intermediate? Apologies if I am wrong on that.

I have a Mistral One Design from the mid 90's that I sail a 1999 7.5 Sailworks Retro on at my cottage (not my primary sailing area) It's versatile. Heavy to uphaul compared to a sail in the 6.0 range, but will give you more umph in lighter breezes.
If you are newer to windsurfing, I would go with something a little smaller to get comfortable and confident handling the sail. When the wind does pick up, the smaller sail would be more controllable. If you are an intermediate sailor, then by all means go with the 7.5 and love it. Maybe get something a little smaller to go with it for the 25 knot days.
Just my 5 cents.
Wd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: