myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Voter "Fraud" or voter disenfranchisement?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious about how absentee voters show their photo ID to vote in all elections. I thinking that they probably don't, but techno900, as a former resident of Texas, can comment on this.

Although California doesn't have photo ID requirements to vote in elections, there is a big push right now to encourage registered voters to submit their vote through an absentee ballot. Frankly, I have received documentation by mail from the Democratic party encouraging the use of an absentee ballot, and I have also received two telephone calls following up on the option. Seems to me that this strategy is a practical counter to the Republican's efforts to target and disenfranchise potential voters.

Of course, the bold Republican push for vote ID requirements is specious, because most knowledgeable folks know that voter fraud doesn't really exist statistically. And, we all thought that they were dedicated to eliminating useless regulations. Kind of shows just how twisted up and dishonest the Republican party truly is.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now here is a reasoned response from someone devoted to the democratic process. Faced with the facts that there is no appreciable voter fraud that provides a compelling governmental reason to modify the existing voting procedures, faced with court decisions that find the reasoning of Republican legislatures downright kookie, faced with evidence that the rationale behind these efforts by ALEC and Republican ops are racially discriminatory, and are intended to suppress minority voting, faced with responses to their "prove it" screeches, the right says, so what, get over it:

Quote:
I have a cunning plan to overcome the sinister plots of those racist Republicans.......get an ID. If you think that the minor effort involved in getting one is more trouble than a vote is worth, that's your choice..........don't whine about it.

You must be so proud of the official position of those you support to prevent minority voting. But you wonder why we wonder and doubt your color blind claims.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Just curious about how absentee voters show their photo ID to vote in all elections. I thinking that they probably don't, but techno900, as a former resident of Texas, can comment on this.

Although California doesn't have photo ID requirements to vote in elections, there is a big push right now to encourage registered voters to submit their vote through an absentee ballot. Frankly, I have received documentation by mail from the Democratic party encouraging the use of an absentee ballot, and I have also received two telephone calls following up on the option. Seems to me that this strategy is a practical counter to the Republican's efforts to target and disenfranchise potential voters.

Of course, the bold Republican push for vote ID requirements is specious, because most knowledgeable folks know that voter fraud doesn't really exist statistically. And, we all thought that they were dedicated to eliminating useless regulations. Kind of shows just how twisted up and dishonest the Republican party truly is.

How many absentee ballots does a registered voter get in the mail?
One.
How many times can somebody w/o any ID go into a voting booth to vote?
As many time as he or she can get away with.
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone is confused, they write your name down and look it up at the polls so you can only vote once.
This has been confirmed repeatedly- there is almost no voter fraud of this type in the US.
If you think otherwise, got any proof?
The GOP is desperate to hear from you if you do.

Long lines at the polls,shorter voting hours, fewer polling places, less absentee voting, more difficult to register, all these things are the things conservatives worked to improve when I was a conservative activist.
We did it for patriotic reasons.
Reversing these advancements is the goal of the new GOP.
You guys are cheering for this.
It is the most anti American movement in modern politics.
Anyone here care more for their country than for partisan politics?
or all you guys with Gybe in his F%#k American campaign?
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
swchandler wrote:

How many absentee ballots does a registered voter get in the mail?
One.
How many times can somebody w/o any ID go into a voting booth to vote?
As many time as he or she can get away with.

Have voted recently? You go your poll. They look your name up, you sign next to your name, they hand you a ballot and put a check next to your name indicating that you voted. How can I vote again? If I tried, I would be told I already voted.

If someone went in before me and fraudulently voted in my place, I would get to vote. One vote per name.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW ...why you try voting twice next month...I will bet you a brand new wave board of your choice you cant get away with it. You giving the the impression that its easy to vote more than once is very Breitbardt-ish.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Anyone here care more for their country than for partisan politics? or all you guys with Gybe in his F%#k American campaign?

mac wrote:
But you wonder why we wonder and doubt your color blind claims.

Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels
mac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you found some guys who are funny sometimes. Maybe they can give you lessons?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waaaaay over his head again.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all my years of voting, there has never been any evidence that someone tried to fraudulently vote in my place. Never, and I would bet it's the same for everyone here. youwindsurf is spot on about your signature requirement, and it serves as legal written evidence that you voted. Also, they know where you live.

NW30's comment made me wonder if he has ever voted in person.

Speaking for myself, I've always voted in person. Despite the big Democratic push to increase use of the absentee ballot, I've let them know that I going to pass on that option. My polling location is very close, and it's never crowded. Also, that way, I don't have to vote early to make sure my vote is counted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 3 of 67

Jump to: