myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The play for 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 242, 243, 244  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LHDR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GQ Magazine to Senator Marco Rubio in 2012: "How old do you think the Earth is? "
Marco Rubio: "I'm not a scientist, man. I can tell you what recorded history says, I can tell you what the Bible says, but I think that's a dispute amongst theologians and I think it has nothing to do with the gross domestic product or economic growth of the United States. I think the age of the universe has zero to do with how our economy is going to grow. I'm not a scientist. I don't think I'm qualified to answer a question like that. At the end of the day, I think there are multiple theories out there on how the universe was created and I think this is a country where people should have the opportunity to teach them all. I think parents should be able to teach their kids what their faith says, what science says. Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

A softball for a 5th grader but a future president waffles? I don't think so.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick Warren: "In your opinion, when does life begin"

Sen. Obama: "That's above my pay grade"
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mixing politics and religion just doesn't work. I think that President Obama understands that, and it's reflected in his response.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Boggsy, Once again, you refer to people with greater accomplishments than your own as clowns. Most people reading your comments will be forced to conclude that there is, indeed, a clown somewhere in that equation.

"greater accomplishments"...that is up for debate Kemosabe!!!
Amassing a small fortune, windsurfing mast high conditions at Pistol River...Raising a 10 year old son with a change up that will buckle the knees of even the best 12 year olds.....
Mocking politicians is something we do well in this country...just take a look at the vitriol directed at Mrs. Clinton....so calling Mike Pence a village idiot, or referring to guys who cant deliver a simple speech without sweating to death a "clown" is PAR for the course. Look at Dan Snyder. He has accomplished a lot!!! yet he is a Clown when it comes to running an NFL franchise....
Is it ok to refer to Carly as a clown? she ran HP into the ground, now she is the anti-Hillary savior for the GOP, even after blowing $100m trying to buy the CA Senate seat a few years back.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it makes you feel big......it makes you look small. Carly Fiorina is not a clown. She is a smart, articulate, accomplished woman.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look Mr Gybe...I know you still harbor ill will towards Peggy Noonan, and Dick Morris for guaranteeing a Mitt victory 2 1/2 years ago, and you are excited for November 2016. But mocking politicians is nothing new. Look at the work the GOP is doing on Hillary now. Carly rode into Silicon Valley, and attempted to dismantle one of the oldest companies in the Bay Area. She battled the families that founded the company, when she attempted to merge Hewlett and Compaq. She won the battle and HP took a dive....I guess PC's arent that popular any more. The Board canned her, and she took that momentum and decided to run for Senate...that was a disaster as well....arrogant, failed CEO, not a good platform. Now she is the anti-HILLARY!!!!
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I repeat, she is not a clown. Your memory is selective. Noonan/ Morris?......don't be silly. As for 11/16, I am not in the least bit excited. Won't give it much thought until next year. Better things to do.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...Peggy Noonan...Dick Morris...two famous speechwriters turned op-ed geniuses both guaranteed Mitt would win.
Carly came to town, bet the ranch on the PC, even though the industry was shrinking....maybe she felt she needed to do something big for her legacy...who knows. Nothing but disrepect for the Hewlett family, and then she almost sunk the legendary company. Now we have another Republican woman at the helm, and the ship seems stable. Meg is 100 times better than Carly. I suggest if you want the anti-Haillry, you give Meg a call.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys can slam Rubio, Fiorina, Cruz, or any of the candidates on the right all you want, but they all get out there, talking to the public with cameras running, and willing to take questions, as they should.

Hillary's announcement, wasn't willing to take a risk of any questions or heckling from the crowd in any form, totally gutless, so she opted for a recorded announcement. No telling how many takes it took to get it just right, but I'm willing to bet that it took several at least.
And because she has set herself apart from everyone else with her choice of using video, instead of being live, all future candidate's announcements will be live.
She is terrible on her feet, and she, along with her machine, knows it.
She already chose not to leave any paper trail of her duties as Sec. of State, will she try to leave as little of a vocal trail as well?
Sorry Hillary, you've already got a very long vocal trail that goes back a very long time, good luck with that.
The campaign will be very entertaining, but will she be willing to accept a debate? We'll see, but she has to.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30, I have to agree with mrgybe, there's a lot of time to watch, listen and judge the different candidates for president. Too much hastiness in denouncing a candidate like Hillary Clinton before her platform is defined tends to show the level of fear brewing on the right. I'm betting that more will be spent on the right trying to tear down Clinton instead of promoting a champion and the ideas to run against her.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 242, 243, 244  Next
Page 23 of 244

Jump to: