myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Looping before the big 4.0 - crap only 6 days
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wind-NC.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Go go go!

Again, I'd *highly* recommend doing your sub planing drills in the footstraps to get a better feel for how the board steers around with the rig's input. Mast base pressure/steering is an important part of the equation!

Now get back out there and rip it up!

http://wind-nc.com
UncleRandy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Maunal looking forward to reading and watching your videos
Looping before the big 41! Keep it up u will get it. U did a great job of motivating me and other's to I'm sure. Happy Birthday.
manuel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wind-NC-Hatteras wrote:
Nice! Go go go!

Again, I'd *highly* recommend doing your sub planing drills in the footstraps to get a better feel for how the board steers around with the rig's input. Mast base pressure/steering is an important part of the equation!

Now get back out there and rip it up!

My plan is to throw the sail forward as I jump and not wait until I'm in the air which causes the sheet in to happen on the way down, it's nice for a late forward but not a speed loop!

UncleRandy wrote:
Nice job Maunal looking forward to reading and watching your videos
Looping before the big 41! Keep it up u will get it. U did a great job of motivating me and other's to I'm sure. Happy Birthday.

Thanks, I have been benefiting from a lot of resources online and it's normal that I return the favor!
adywind

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong but the Forward reminds me of a Slam Gybe ...in the air . You throw the rig upwind and sheet in and you scissor the board downwind -just like starting a slam gybe! No?!
rigitrite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manuel, you definitely have to be in the air before you pull the trigger. If the board is still in the water, then it will stick to the water and you will get throttled....HARD. Do not under estimate the power of surface tension!
manuel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adywind wrote:
I may be wrong but the Forward reminds me of a Slam Gybe ...in the air . You throw the rig upwind and sheet in and you scissor the board downwind -just like starting a slam gybe! No?!

The wymaroo is an air slam jibe yes. You lean back. In the forward, the body is placed more over the center of the board, which I'm not doing! And the body goes forward.

rigitrite wrote:
Manuel, you definitely have to be in the air before you pull the trigger. If the board is still in the water, then it will stick to the water and you will get throttled....HARD. Do not under estimate the power of surface tension!

I think there's a pop to lift the nose of the board, but it doesn't have to be a jump as the throw of the sail is what is used to climb up and tuck under the rear leg.

I love this snapshot because it speaks 1000 words:

I can do this very well during my exercises but when fitted a board on my feet, things change a bit!

Anyway, with more practice I'll get more rotation and eventually be comfortable with the sequence of events. Well that's my hope anyway!
manuel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching sam ross' video again (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCvhi7aE4MQ) and just had a huge revelation...

This is no two step move, it's a one step! The mast is throw forward across the board and we hang on. I thought that the sail needed to be pulled towards me after throwing it forward. Wow much easier Rolling Eyes Laughing

It's very clear on my attempt that I timidly throw the sail forward and then pull it back towards me, well it's not needed, so basically throwing it forward is all that is needed and then hang on!

I'm hoping tomorrow I can try some more. Really looking forward to doing it!

During some strapless exercices I got launched before pulling the sail back towrads me and these ones got me the most rotation. The sheeting in is naturally done by hanging on after moving the hands back. Any premature pulling motion on the sail will slow the rotation.

So in brief the mast stays forward during the rotation, that's the part I was missing.
manuel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So besides a couple of sessions with massive waves and huge chop, we haven't had any loopable weather, lots of rain and no wind. Still I have been able to do a couple of non-planing sessions and keep doing loop drills.

I have also discovered that practicing moves simply with a boom and a mast slapped on an old board can not only build up technique, it can also be a fun workout!

Without much wind I was able to set this site up, I hope it inspires other windsurfers like me:

manuel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After keeping loops aside for some time, today, I sailed a light wind session and threw a couple of loop exercises in there, they felt pretty good and gave me a boost! Maybe looping before 41?
LUCARO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am shooting for looping before I turn 45. I got about 3 months and the season is nearly over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 4 of 25

Jump to: