myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lets follow the money.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

am not!
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
I've been wondering about that too. Maybe it's like putting on a fresh outfit or style. You've been known for a changing avatar, but I think that the name change is a different thing. In real life, would you elect to change your given name?

Yeah, I had the Mean Girls avatar in response to a comment Mitch Gingrich made about the members of the Forum. NW30 intimated that it was too girlie, so I went with the current avatar to appease his sense of masculinity. I think he really likes it!

For me changing my avatar is kind of like changing my shirt - I need a fresh one every now and then.

I agree, the name changing is a bit of a different thing. Perhaps I'll keep my name, but just spell it differently.

To coboardhead: Are too!
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm telling Mom
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
i'm telling Mom

Thanks for the laugh! Laughing
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, I changed my name, well, because some people are just plain ......? , and well, you know.

As for names calling SWChandler, my apologies, but I don't see too much objection to the names like Nitwit, etc, etc, etc.

Anyway, been weaning myself off the forums lately, and happier and way more productive for it.

Later, have to go and enjoy another OBX sunset after an amazing 6 mile hike from Buxton to Frisco, windsurfing, digging my van out of sand for two hours (my daughter buried it to the axle), then a nice dinner, and shopping at WindNC.

C'ya. Life's good! Wink
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uwindsurf wrote:
swchandler wrote:
I've been wondering about that too. Maybe it's like putting on a fresh outfit or style. You've been known for a changing avatar, but I think that the name change is a different thing. In real life, would you elect to change your given name?

Yeah, I had the Mean Girls avatar in response to a comment Mitch Gingrich made about the members of the Forum. NW30 intimated that it was too girlie, so I went with the current avatar to appease his sense of masculinity. I think he really likes it!

Yeah boy, I don't know what it is, but there is just something about spandex and shields. It takes a certain person to be able to pull that off.
Big improvement.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canuckmachuck wrote:
OBX dreamin'

Beautiful! Gotta love that. Somehow things always look even better with a windsurfer in them.

FWIW. I, too, get irritated with the stated presumption that folks who "pound nails for a living" are less intelligent or "smart" ( love that stupid word). I have spent a great deal of effort in my job in the construction industry to be sure I don't make the same assumptions. It will bite an Engineer in the ass. Best to be the least smart guy on the job in my position! I have never met someone that I cannot learn something from and have found brilliance in the least expected interactions. Just sayin!
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB,
To be honest, his comments don't bother me one bit. In my industry a thick skin is a must. I totally get what you're saying, and deal in the same manner. I will say, I don't put up with any BS on a daily basis.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
am not!
what is funny is if you notice I do not reply after 2:30 as much as I am usually mentoring or as I call being a Manny to two great Mexican kids, that I have no relations with their mother just like helping. They live here for free as I have plenty of room and rooms... and I support a good majority of their costs. In general they are good kids but when spending to much time with one another I need to separate them. So yes I laugh at the am not... I have plenty of space for kids to be kids safely ideal for kids and many rooms and yes maybe that is why I do not like sickos knowing where I live.

BTW their english is now great at 6 and 9 yo, they have learned all their english from me, they will have great careers in front of them with their English. They will not be nail pounders in Mexico in other-words. They have my chicago accent not a latin one, they are able to wire some decent electronics devices already, they can solder a bit and both love doing math with me and are the tops in their schools in math for their ages. I am hoping they keep up with their interests in electronics and math, the girl has a very high mechanical aptitude (one of the highest I have seen for a girl) so hoping she takes the path of being a mechanical engineer or MD, but a MD in Mexico does not make a lot of money. But if she becomes a ME because she also likes sales she could write her own ticket to top tier companies that would sponsor a visa for her in the USA if she would like. A sales Engineer is generally the highest paid engineer.

as far as nail pounders I have mentioned before I have many friends that are in the trades that are very sharp and do not question their political point of views because they are well thought through and backed up, two in particular are very sharp and would have made great engineers but I believe they had some handicap. College was not their calling because I think they are dyslexics is my bet.. One a spectacular plumber and another spectacular painter. Both are very smart and smart enough to know how important unions are and value them like gold in the trades field, one is a union member and one has his own businesses.

I have also mentioned I would like to see every car mechanic have a PhD in physics and if they did not want to practice that art and be a car mechanic nothing wrong with it. I do believe having higher educated trades people does have the potential to have more qualified in the field. I do hold it against whiners who are not all that they can be academically sitting there saying unions and people who do use the brains they have are lessor than they because they are dropouts and make more money than those who did stick it out and pay the price of being all that they can be.

CB as an engineer I do not work in the construction industry. BTW machinist also like to work with me on projects because when I was in college I worked as a machinist, so i do understand how to set up lathes and such.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canuckmachuck wrote:
CB,
To be honest, his comments don't bother me one bit. In my industry a thick skin is a must. I totally get what you're saying, and deal in the same manner. I will say, I don't put up with any BS on a daily basis.

this is just to much... this idiot thinks you guys are just morons. Lets look at this morons statement here. He says "to be honest".... this is just so hilarious, he claims to be religious and doing things with his church. this statement alone would have had his god throwing lightning right through him.

what a sack of lies "to be honest"..... again showing what I have believed a pathological sense to him.

his comments do not bother me.... Oh shiiite he goes and stalks and gets personal data on everyone, this is just how he spends his entire life on everyone.

Oh shiite he trolls all the time which would get him kicked out of virtually every forum I have ever seen.

yes do not bother him... from where i see it what a pathological lie.

as I said, insults my father, oh ya he says my comments do not bother him, but he insults my father, he attacks my disability, and even has pleasure in his mind that in hopes that my home was severely damaged in a hurricane. He is one sick idiot... Lets see his stick homes stand 100mph winds. He jokes to the essence of about getting a bunch of guys and filling a van with fertilizer and driving to the USA. What kind of sick mind even jokes about that. In an airport in the USA with that statement as a public record he can be put in a luny ward where he belongs. What kind of parent would ever make such a statement?

Oh I forgot he is honest... to be honest... good thing he claims to be religious right... you know how honest they are, when they tell us they are honest...

Last edited by real-human on Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 3 of 47

Jump to: