myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Way to Go California

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:46 pm    Post subject: Way to Go California Reply with quote

https://www.hoover.org/research/california-loses-nearly-10000-fast-food-jobs-after-20-minimum-wage-signed-last-fall
mac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man from the home of untreated swine shit pits now wants to keep fast food workers poor. His go to source is the arch right wing Hoover institute.

I didn’t originate this, but I guess Techno hasn’t read it before. You can only lose your credibility once.
techno900

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could quote a dozen other sources for this issue, but you know the truth. I will take a few overflowing pig waste ponds (cleaned up) to all the crap going on in Calif.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He comes out of the bushes to take another shot at the great state of California, which I've called home for 35 wonderful years.. Technoo, you embody the get off my lawn grumpy retired type..
In -N-Out has always paid up to $20/hour, and they add workers every year, so I imagine the losses are with companies that don't have the margins of In-N-Out.
techno900

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys seem to think that the $20 min. is a good thing for unskilled labor. Care to agree?

Those that are lucky enough to keep their fast-food jobs, great, but what about those that are laid off? More folks on the government dole?

If a company keeps their employees and does so by increasing the cost of the food = just another injection into inflation. This assumes that customers are okay with expensive hamburgers.

Give it a few months and let's see how it play out.
coachg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I will take a few overflowing pig waste ponds (cleaned up) to all the crap going on in Calif.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/life_expectancy/life_expectancy.htm

It would appear your state isn't feeling the affects of your "cleaned up" ponds yet. You choose a state that has a health care system ranked in the bottom half of the country, a homicide rate in the top third & a life expectancy rate barely above Lebanon. I have no problem with your choice. My only concern is we end up like your state; then I would have to move.

Coachg
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
You guys seem to think that the $20 min. is a good thing for unskilled labor. Care to agree?

Those that are lucky enough to keep their fast-food jobs, great, but what about those that are laid off? More folks on the government dole?

If a company keeps their employees and does so by increasing the cost of the food = just another injection into inflation. This assumes that customers are okay with expensive hamburgers.

Give it a few months and let's see how it play out.

Techno .. In -N-Out is ridiculously inexpensive .. Maybe you should lecture the Billionaire heiress of the company about price elasticity ..
mac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can lead a conservative to a virtual smorgasboard of facts and ideas--but you can't make him think. It's all about reaction and resentment.

It is more expensive to live in California than North Carolina. Two metrics to show that.

Average house price, according to Zillow,

California $783,000 +
North Carolina $329,000 +

Average salary according to Zip recruiter

California $29.70/hour
North Carolina, $25.38/hour

Head smack. States are different. California is expensive enough that some businesses move away and growth has slowed. There is a market.

One more thing that angry old men don't care about. In North Carolina, you can only get an abortion in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy--when many women aren't sure that they are pregnant or know anything about the health of the fetus.

Stay there, please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: