myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Hunter Biden
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:11 pm    Post subject: Hunter Biden Reply with quote

gee if we would have only known there was an investigation on trumps russia ties he would have not won, but we know the FBI broke the rules and told us about a re-opening of the 50th or so investigation on Hilary after she had been out of office for years. I mean there was an investigation on Hilary when Bill won over a land deal that they lost 70K that lasted what 6 or more years run by right wingers without one grand jury ever indicting her or him for that 70k loss and some 20 other made up lies.

Now Bush 2 was making bank from businessmen when his father was vp and president, his investors were from the ME and after 9-11 the only people allowed to exit the country were other of daddys sugar ME friends. Bush jrs oil drilling businesses never hit oil. Oh but with that he was eligible to become appointed buy the supreme court as president.

Oh another Bush kid was on the board of directors of a bank with no banking experience, ya was it silverado or something like that that went under costing tax payers billions.

https://www.kold.com/2020/12/09/hunter-biden-facing-federal-investigation-over-tax-affairs/

Hunter Biden tax probe examining Chinese business dealings

Quote:

By Associated Press | December 9, 2020 at 2:14 PM MST - Updated December 9 at 8:03 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department is investigating the finances of President-elect Joe Biden’s son, including scrutinizing some of his Chinese business dealings and other transactions, a person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

The revelations put a renewed spotlight on questions about Hunter Biden’s financial history, which dogged his father’s successful White House campaign and were a frequent target of President Donald Trump and his allies. They also come at a politically delicate time for the president-elect, who is weighing his choice to lead an agency that is actively investigating his son.

The tax investigation was launched in 2018, the year before the elder Biden announced his candidacy for president. Hunter Biden confirmed the existence of the investigation on Wednesday, saying he learned about it for the first time the previous day.

“I take this matter very seriously but I am confident that a professional and objective review of these matters will demonstrate that I handled my affairs legally and appropriately, including with the benefit of professional tax advisors,” he said in a statement.

It isn’t clear which entities or business dealings might be tied up in the probe, though the person with knowledge of the matter said at least some of focus was on his past work in China. Federal investigators served a round of subpoenas on Tuesday, including one for Hunter Biden, according to another person familiar with the investigation.

Investigators did not reach out until recently because of Justice Department practice against taking overt investigative actions in the run-up to an election, one of the people said. The people familiar with the investigation insisted on anonymity to discuss an ongoing probe.

Hunter Biden has a history of international affairs and business dealings in a number of countries. Trump and his allies have accused him of profiting off his political connections, and have also raised unsubstantiated charges of corruption related to his work in Ukraine at the time his father was vice president and leading the Obama administration’s dealings with the Eastern European nation.

Late Wednesday, Trump tweeted a quote from New York Post columnist Miranda Devine claiming, “10% of voters would have changed their vote if they knew about Hunter Biden.”

https://www.denverpost.com/2008/09/29/silverado-collapse-cost-taxpayers-1-billion/

Silverado collapse cost taxpayers $1 billion

Quote:
The failure of one of Colorado’s thrifts, Silverado Banking Savings and Loan, was legendary. Its collapse in 1988 cost taxpayers $1 billion and entangled prominent Denver businessmen, including Neil Bush.

The son of then-President George H.W. Bush and a brother of the current president, Neil Bush was on Silverado’s board of directors. Silverado made loans to developers who owned shares in the thrift and who had bankrolled Neil Bush’s oil company.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the trump people started their investigation in 2018. and still going.
Sounds like a durham case start time ... still going on...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/garland-responds-to-irs-agent-s-claim-hunter-biden-probe-is-being-mishandled/ar-AA1aEtc4?cvid=9b6ed8fff7b340eade3ac8504cf320bc&ocid=winp2fptaskbar&ei=6

Quote:
Federal authorities with the U.S. attorney's office in Delaware, led by U.S. Attorney David Weiss, a Trump appointee, have been investigating the younger Biden since 2018, ABC News previously reported.

gracegarza

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: Hunter Biden Reply with quote

real-human wrote:
gee if we would have only known there was an investigation on trumps russia ties he would have not won, but we know the FBI broke the rules and told us about a re-opening of the 50th or so investigation on Hilary after she had been out of office for years. I mean there was an investigation on Hilary when Bill won over a land deal that they lost 70K that lasted what 6 or more years run by right wingers without one grand jury ever indicting her or him for that 70k loss and some 20 other made up lies.

Now Bush 2 was making bank from businessmen when his father was vp and president, his investors were from the ME and after 9-11 the only people allowed to exit the country were other of daddys sugar ME friends. Bush jrs oil drilling businesses never hit oil. Oh but with that he was eligible to become appointed buy the supreme court as president.

Oh another Bush kid was on the board of directors of a bank with no banking experience, ya was it silverado or something like that that went under costing tax payers billions.

https://www.kold.com/2020/12/09/hunter-biden-facing-federal-investigation-over-tax-affairs/

Hunter Biden tax probe examining Chinese business dealings

Quote:

By Associated Press | December 9, 2020 at 2:14 PM MST - Updated December 9 at 8:03 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) � The Justice Department is investigating the finances of President-elect Joe Biden�s son, including scrutinizing some of his Chinese business dealings and other transactions, a person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

The revelations put a renewed spotlight on questions about Hunter Biden�s financial history, which dogged his father�s successful White House campaign and were a frequent target of President Donald Trump and his allies. They also come at a politically delicate time for the president-elect, who is weighing his choice to lead an agency that is actively investigating his son.

The tax investigation was launched in 2018, the year before the elder Biden announced his candidacy for president. Hunter Biden confirmed the existence of the investigation on Wednesday, saying he learned about it for the first time the previous day.

�I take this matter very seriously but I am confident that a professional and objective review of these matters will demonstrate that I handled my affairs legally and appropriately, including with the benefit of professional tax advisors,� he said in a statement.

It isn�t clear which entities or business dealings might be tied up in the probe, though the person with knowledge of the matter said at least some of focus was on his past work in China. Federal investigators served a round of subpoenas on Tuesday, including one for Hunter Biden, according to another person familiar with the investigation.

Investigators did not reach out until recently because of Justice Department practice against taking overt investigative actions in the run-up to an election, one of the people said. The people familiar with the investigation insisted on anonymity to discuss an ongoing probe.bloxorz

Hunter Biden has a history of international affairs and business dealings in a number of countries. Trump and his allies have accused him of profiting off his political connections, and have also raised unsubstantiated charges of corruption related to his work in Ukraine at the time his father was vice president and leading the Obama administration�s dealings with the Eastern European nation.

Late Wednesday, Trump tweeted a quote from New York Post columnist Miranda Devine claiming, �10% of voters would have changed their vote if they knew about Hunter Biden.�

https://www.denverpost.com/2008/09/29/silverado-collapse-cost-taxpayers-1-billion/

Silverado collapse cost taxpayers $1 billion

Quote:
The failure of one of Colorado�s thrifts, Silverado Banking Savings and Loan, was legendary. Its collapse in 1988 cost taxpayers $1 billion and entangled prominent Denver businessmen, including Neil Bush.

The son of then-President George H.W. Bush and a brother of the current president, Neil Bush was on Silverado�s board of directors. Silverado made loans to developers who owned shares in the thrift and who had bankrolled Neil Bush�s oil company.

So they're investigating? I don't know much about these things, but it seems so
real-human

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so let me get this straight, when twice impeached pedophile trump was in office the IRS was ordered to investigate Hunter Biden for 2 years and they could not get a grand jury to indict. That there was some sort of coverup? By the pedophile and Bidens could not claim executive privalage and would have had to turn over all documents... and again the right wingers are calling this a coverup...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/second-hunter-biden-irs-whistleblower-emerges-after-investigators-were-canned-despite-five-years-on-case/ar-AA1bxPGI?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=4d51431571da4986a3fc6c7c28417562&ei=5

Second Hunter Biden IRS whistleblower emerges after investigators were canned despite five years on case

Quote:

WASHINGTON — The existence of a second IRS whistleblower in the criminal investigation of first son Hunter Biden emerged Monday in documents sent to Congress following the purge of the entire investigatory team looking into President Biden’s son for tax fraud and related crimes.

The new whistleblower is a special agent in the IRS’s international tax and financial crimes group and worked on the Hunter Biden case since it opened in 2018 — before being ousted without explanation last week.

The agent joins his supervisor, who plans to testify behind closed doors before the House Ways and Means Committee on Friday, in publicly registering concerns about how the Justice Department has handled the investigation.

Both IRS whistleblowers expressed concerns internally for years about the case being swept under the rug but got nowhere, and lay out extensive claims of retaliation in new disclosures to Congress.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/13/us/politics/trump-irs-investigations.html?action=click&algo=bandit-all-surfaces-variants-shadow-lda-unique-time-cutoff-30&alpha=0.05&block=trending_recirc&fellback=false&imp_id=639111021&impression_id=36d20b19-645b-11ed-8a66-2b187e72a9c1&index=1&pgtype=Article&pool=pool%2F91fcf81c-4fb0-49ff-bd57-a24647c85ea1&region=footer&req_id=393169718&shadow_vec_sim=0.6410037533262962&surface=eos-most-popular-story&variant=0_bandit-eng30s-shadow-lda-unique

Trump Wanted I.R.S. Investigations of Foes, Top Aide Says

Quote:
While in office, President Donald J. Trump repeatedly told John F. Kelly, his second White House chief of staff, that he wanted a number of his perceived political enemies to be investigated by the Internal Revenue Service, Mr. Kelly said.

Mr. Kelly, who was chief of staff from July 2017 through the end of 2018, said in response to questions from The New York Times that Mr. Trump’s demands were part of a broader pattern of him trying to use the Justice Department and his authority as president against people who had been critical of him, including seeking to revoke the security clearances of former top intelligence officials.

Mr. Kelly said that among those Mr. Trump said “we ought to investigate” and “get the I.R.S. on” were the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey and his deputy, Andrew G. McCabe. His account of Mr. Trump’s desires to use the I.R.S. against his foes comes after the revelation by The Times this summer that Mr. Comey and Mr. McCabe had both been selected for a rare and highly intrusive audit by the tax agency in the years after Mr. Kelly left the White House.

Mr. Trump has said he knows nothing about the audits. The I.R.S. has asked its inspector general to investigate, and officials have insisted the two men were selected randomly for the audits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Continue reading the main story

Mr. Kelly said he made clear to Mr. Trump that there were serious legal and ethical issues with what he wanted. He said that despite the president’s expressed desires to have Mr. Comey and Mr. McCabe investigated by the I.R.S., he believes that he led Mr. Trump during his tenure as chief of staff to forgo trying to have such investigations conducted.

After Mr. Kelly left the administration, Mr. Comey was informed in 2019 that his 2017 returns were being audited, and Mr. McCabe learned in 2021 that his 2019 returns were being audited. At the time both audits occurred, the I.R.S. was led by a Trump political appointee.

Mr. Trump regularly made his demands in response to news reports in which he thought his perceived enemies made him look bad. The president would carry on about having them investigated to the point that Mr. Kelly thought he needed to tell the president that what he wanted was highly problematic, explaining, in sometimes heated conversations, that what Mr. Trump wanted was not just potentially illegal and immoral but also could blow back on him.

Mr. Trump would eventually let the idea go, Mr. Kelly said, but during subsequent outbursts about his enemies he would again bring up his desires to have them investigated.

Throughout Mr. Trump’s presidency he regularly, in both public and private, ranted about Mr. Comey, whom Mr. Trump had fired in May 2017, and Mr. McCabe, who played a leading role in the investigation into the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia.

Mr. Kelly said that along with Mr. Comey and Mr. McCabe, Mr. Trump discussed using the I.R.S. and the Justice Department to investigate the former C.I.A. director John O. Brennan; Hillary Clinton; Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon and the owner of The Washington Post, whose coverage often angered Mr. Trump; Peter Strzok, the lead F.B.I. agent on the Russia investigation; and Lisa Page, an F.B.I. official who exchanged text messages with Mr. Strzok that were critical of Mr. Trump.

What to Know About the Trump Investigations
Card 1 of 6
Numerous inquiries. Since leaving office, former President Donald J. Trump has been facing several investigations into his business dealings and political activities. Here is a look at some notable cases:

Classified documents inquiry. The F.B.I. searched Mr. Trump’s Florida home as part of the Justice Department’s investigation into his handling of classified materials. The inquiry is focused on documents that Mr. Trump had brought with him to Mar-a-Lago, his private club and residence, when he left the White House.

Jan. 6 investigations. In a series of public hearings, the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack laid out a comprehensive narrative of Mr. Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election. This evidence could allow federal prosecutors, who are conducting a parallel criminal investigation, to indict Mr. Trump.

Georgia election interference case. Fani T. Willis, the Atlanta-area district attorney, has been leading a wide-ranging criminal investigation into the efforts of Mr. Trump and his allies to overturn his 2020 election loss in Georgia. This case could pose the most immediate legal peril for the former president and his associates.

New York State’s civil case. Letitia James, the New York attorney general, has accused Mr. Trump, his family business and his three adult children of lying to lenders and insurers, fraudulently inflating the value of his assets. The allegations, included in a sweeping lawsuit, are the culmination of a yearslong civil investigation.

Manhattan criminal case. Alvin L. Bragg, the Manhattan district attorney, has been investigating whether Mr. Trump or his family business intentionally submitted false property values to potential lenders. The inquiry has yielded criminal charges against the Trump Organization and a plea deal with its chief financial officer, Allen H. Weisselberg.

“The U.S. government, whether it’s the I.R.S. or the Justice Department, should never be weaponized or used to retaliate, and certainly not because someone criticizes you in the press or is your political opponent,” Mr. Kelly said in response to questions. “The average federal employee or F.B.I. agent or I.R.S. agent goes to work and executes the laws and regulations and shouldn’t be put in this position.”

A spokeswoman for Mr. Trump denied that the former president had ever discussed using the I.R.S.

“It’s total fiction created by a psycho, John Kelly, who never said this before, and made it up just because he’s become so irrelevant,” said the spokeswoman, Liz Harrington.

Mr. Kelly, who also served as Mr. Trump’s first homeland security secretary, was Mr. Trump’s longest-serving White House chief of staff, a role in which he brought a semblance of order to an often chaotic West Wing. Unlike many former top Trump administration officials, Mr. Kelly has said little publicly since Mr. Trump left office and not written a book.

But in response to repeated questions over months, Mr. Kelly said he chose to respond now because Mr. Trump had publicly claimed last week that he had used the Justice Department and the F.B.I. to help Gov. Ron DeSantis win election in Florida in 2018. Mr. Kelly, who was Mr. Trump’s chief of staff at the time, said Mr. Trump never made such a request. If he had, Mr. Kelly said, it would have been an improper use of the Justice Department and the F.B.I.

Mr. Kelly’s statements are among the most damning from a former high-ranking official about Mr. Trump’s efforts to use federal power to his own ends, and come just days before Mr. Trump is scheduled to announce another presidential campaign.

His account of some of Mr. Trump’s requests, including his effort to use the Justice Department against his enemies and to remove security clearances for former officials, has been corroborated by other public disclosures and former Trump aides.

Mr. Kelly said that after he initially started working for Mr. Trump as his chief of staff in July 2017, he was surprised that Mr. Trump actually thought he would follow through on what the president wanted.

“He initially thought I would do it,” Mr. Kelly said. “He thought I would be loyal and obedient to him. I told him we were loyal to our oath to the Constitution.”

Mr. Kelly said Mr. Trump had no appreciation for that concept and continued to push him and others to do what he wanted.

“If he told you to slit someone’s throat, he thought you would go out and do it,” Mr. Kelly said.

Mr. Kelly said he would tell Mr. Trump why using the powers of the federal government for his political ends was morally and legally problematic.

“I would say, ‘It’s inappropriate, it’s illegal, it’s against their integrity and the I.R.S. knows what it’s doing and it’s not a good idea,’” Mr. Kelly said he told Mr. Trump.

“Yeah, but they’re writing bad things about me,” Mr. Kelly said Mr. Trump told him.

Among other steps sought by Mr. Trump, Mr. Kelly said, was the revocation of security clearances for officials from the George W. Bush and Obama administrations who had gone on to be critical of Mr. Trump on television. Among them were Mr. Brennan; James R. Clapper Jr., the former director of national intelligence; Michael Hayden, the former director of the C.I.A. and the National Security Agency; and the retired Adm. William H. McRaven, the former head of the Special Operations Command.

“I don’t want them making money,” Mr. Kelly said Mr. Trump told him.

Mr. Kelly said that during his tenure, the officials’ security clearances remained intact.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BREAKING NEWS: IRS Whistleblowers Continue Testifying Before Oversight Committee About Bidens—Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP6_gYq42LE

Last edited by real-human on Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so from what I have heard on the radio, it is almost unheard of to be prosecuted as a first offender when you paid the IRS back late. One prosecutor said he had to ask so many of his prosecutor friends if they ever had, and one said he had one time. They note specially since he has turned his life around. Maybe a rare event in drug addicts.

And they made another good point will the NRA be coming to his defence? I thought they were all gun ho over anyone's second amendment rights... no exception.

And note this investigation was by a Trump appointed prosecutor who was working on the case for 2 years under trump and Biden did not fire him and let him keep working.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-appointed-prosecutor-who-cut-deal-with-hunter-biden-told-house-gop-he-had-ultimate-authority-over-case/ar-AA1cO8wJ?ocid=winp2sv1plustaskbarhover&cvid=efaaa55a91084ee9bb029c74658ce3d9&ei=31

Trump-Appointed Prosecutor Who Cut Deal With Hunter Biden Told House GOP He Had ‘Ultimate Authority’ Over Case

Quote:
U.S. Attorney David Weiss, who reportedly made a plea deal with Hunter Biden this week, wrote to House Judiciary Chairman Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) earlier in the month that he had “ultimate authority” over the probe.

Weiss, who was appointed in 2018 by former President Donald Trump, had investigated Hunter Biden’s conduct for five years and has reportedly agreed for the president’s son to plead guilty on two federal misdemeanor counts for tax violations, which do not carry prison sentences. A separate gun-related felony count will be dismissed as long as Hunter Biden complies with a diversion program that will require him to abstain from drug use.

Weiss’ plea agreement has been roundly slammed by Republican leaders as a “sweetheart” deal, while Trump took to Truth Social to denounce it as a “traffic ticket.”

NBC News’ Ryan J. Reilly, a justice correspondent, shared the letter from Weiss to Jordan after news of the plea agreement broke and many on the right accused President Joe Biden and Attorney General Merrick Garland of ensuring Hunter Biden received favorable treatment.

“Your May 25th letter to Attorney General Garland was forwarded to me, with a request that I respond on behalf of the Department. While your letter does not specify by name the ongoing investigation that is the subject of the Committee’s oversight,” Weiss wrote on June 7, adding:

Its content suggests your inquiry is related to an investigation in my District, If my assumption is correct, I want to make clear that, as the Attorney General has stated, I have been granted ultimate authority over this matter, including responsibility for deciding where, when, and whether to file charges and for making decisions necessary to preserve the integrity of the prosecution, consistent with federal law, the Principles of Federal Prosecution, and Departmental regulations.

Weiss concluded the letter noting that after Garland asked him to stay in his post his approach to the case did not change. “In February 2021, I was asked to remain as United States Attorney for the District of Delaware to continue my oversight of the matter. Since that time, I have fulfilled my responsibilities, consistent with Department practices and procedures, and will continue to do so. Throughout my tenure as U.S. Attorney my decisions have been made– and with respect to the matter must be made– without reference to political considerations.”

The post Trump-Appointed Prosecutor Who Cut Deal With Hunter Biden Tol

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger stone owed 2 million in back taxes but trump in-justice only filed a civil case.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unintended poetically comedic idiom.......or a typo?

Either way, I'm going to start using it.

-Craig

real-human wrote:
I thought they were all gun ho over anyone's second amendment rights... no exception.

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cgoudie1 wrote:
Unintended poetically comedic idiom.......or a typo?

Either way, I'm going to start using it.

-Craig

real-human wrote:
I thought they were all gun ho over anyone's second amendment rights... no exception.

artistic liberty? my books/words will be banned from USA society at the rate the ultra right hypocrisy is moving, soon. Just because I do not subscribe to Hitler.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: