myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I quit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/lauren-boebert-just-got-a-double-dose-of-very-crappy-news/ar-AA133hkb?ocid=winp2sv1plustaskbarhover&cvid=f35454f5b6744e9fb3a397dc4cd0f309

Lauren Boebert just got a double dose of very crappy news

Quote:
Incumbent US House Rep. Lauren Boebert won her primary in June. She beat rival GOP candidate, State Sen. Don Coram (R-Montrose).

But after she quashed his US House dreams, Coram says he’s now throwing his support behind Boebert’s Democratic opponent, Adam Frisch.

The fact that he ran against her would suggest that Coram was already no fan of Boebert; however, for a sitting GOP lawmaker (his term in the Senate ends in January 2023) to throw their support behind a Democratic candidate is unusual, to say the least.

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

again he appointed them.... to the highest levels of government and they learned how he is a threat to democracy.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/trumps-former-pentagon-chief-says-s-unfit-office-rcna57689?

Trump’s former Pentagon chief says he’s ‘unfit for office’

Quote:

Over the summer, former Defense Secretary Mark Esper, who worked alongside Donald Trump for a year and a half, publicly declared that the former president is unsuited for public office. Esper went on to agree that Trump represents “a threat to democracy.”

I’ve long believed that this represented a unique condemnation. As we discussed soon after the former Pentagon chief made the comments, officials are routinely targeted with all kinds of rebukes about their competence and integrity, but to say that a leader represents “a threat to democracy” is to argue that our system of government may no longer endure if that leader holds a position of influence.

It’s the difference between a crooked politician and a dangerous one: The problems posed by the latter are existential.

Months later, as The Hill reported, Esper isn’t backing down.

Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Wednesday that former President Trump is unfit for office, and he does not want him to run for president in 2024. ... “I wish he wouldn’t,” Esper said, referring to Trump’s announcement Tuesday night that he is making another bid for the White House. “I think he’s unfit for office.”

Given Esper’s earlier concerns, the comments, while striking, didn’t come as much of a surprise.

But as the former president moves forward with plans to pursue a second term, it’s worth appreciating just how much company Esper has among former members of Team Trump.

As regular readers may recall, former Attorney General William Barr, for example, has rejected the idea of Trump returning to the White House. Former White House national security adviser John Bolton hasn’t just denounced Trump, Bolton agreed that the former president would be a national security threat to the United States if given a second term.

John Kelly, meanwhile, served as Trump’s White House chief of staff for 17 months, working side by side with the president every day in the West Wing. Now, Kelly can barely contain his visceral contempt for Trump — and this week, Kelly accused his former boss of an impeachable offense we didn’t previously know about.

Recommended

MADDOWBLOG
Following a legendary run, Nancy Pelosi agrees to pass the torch

MADDOWBLOG
Midterm Elections Round-Up, 11.17.22
The list keeps going. In June 2020, former Defense Secretary James Mattis wrote a rather extraordinary rebuke of Trump, condemning him for being divisive, immature and cavalier about abusing his powers. Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson shared some uncomplimentary thoughts of his own, claiming that the former president, among other things, “often” urged Tillerson to pursue policies that were inconsistent with American laws.

And these are just the top-level officials who served at the Cabinet level. The list grows much longer if we include other federal officials who worked with Trump just below the Cabinet level.

Every president has faced criticisms from partisan rivals and critics in the press, but it’s qualitatively different to hear from officials who were part of Trump’s own team.

Many of these former officials had a front-row seat, watching how the Republican tried to lead, how he processed information, how he evaluated evidence and how he made decisions.

And now that these men and women have had an opportunity to reflect on their experiences, they’ve let the public know that Trump is unsuited for national leadership.

History offers plenty of examples of presidents who’ve clashed with one aide or another, but we’ve never seen anything like this.

Last edited by real-human on Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/inside-nicolle-wallace-s-changing-views-on-politics/ar-AA14neZU?cvid=b828c9af1b124394952eb29aa8d4bd9d&ocid=winp2fptaskbar

Inside Nicolle Wallace's Changing Views On Politics

Quote:
Wallace is just one of the thousands of people who ditched the GOP in recent years, with the attack on the Capitol being the straw that broke the back for many (via People). But what's so unique about Wallace is that, unlike those thousands across the United States who turned in their Republican badges within the last year or two, she was ahead of the curve and left even before Trump made it into office — as if she knew the beginning of the end of the GOP was near.

As far as Republicans go, Wallace was in deep. She's the former communications director for George W. Bush and was the top advisor to Senator John McCain's 2008 presidential campaign. But it was that campaign and her constant clashing with McCain's running mate, Sarah Palin, that had Wallace leaving politics for good.

"There aren't any other people like her," McCain's former top strategist John Weaver told Insider. "She comes from my business and my party, but she's a truth teller that's transparent and what she does every day is provide a clarion call to decency."

But being a truth teller is just the beginning of Wallace's evolution.

She's Gone From Politics To Pundit
nicolle wallace speaking
nicolle wallace speaking
© Jason Kempin/Getty Images
When a lot of people leave politics, they end up being a pundit either as a reoccurring guest on someone else's show, or hosting their own show. Not long after leaving politics, Wallace found herself hired to co-host "The View," and after only one season she was let go because she wasn't as conservative as the producers had hoped she would be.

"I think the problem was it wasn't contentious that season I was on," Nicolle Wallace explained to the Los Angeles Times. "Being fired from a TV show where you think you're kind of baring your soul feels personal because it is. It's like being broken up with. Because I never worked in entertainment I think what I didn't understand is: It really was a casting, and it was a casting they didn't like."

And if you've ever watched "The View," especially when they had ultra-conservative Meghan McCain sitting at the table, then you already know the show thrives off contention.

But after being dropped by "The View," MSNBC hired her to host "Deadline: White House" in 2017. Since then, her interviewing skills have to been questioned and even mocked by Fox News which is, of course, indicative that she's doing something right (via Fox).

She Identifies As A Self-Loathing Former Republican
nicolle wallace posing at event
nicolle wallace posing at event
© Paul Morigi/Getty Images
Calling yourself a "self-loathing former Republican" is something special (via HuffPo). But that's how Wallace identifies these days, even admitting in a November 2019 interview with Stephen Colbert that she's still a registered Republican.

Try this Amazon Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping trick while you stil
Ad
Capital One Shopping
Try this Amazon Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping trick while you stil
"If I had any capacity for sympathy for my old party, it would be so sad it would be embarrassing," Wallace told Stephen Colbert during the interview, according to The Wrap.

In a political climate where standing up for what you believe in, especially when your roots are in the GOP, Wallace stands out. She has been outspoken against Trump, voter suppression laws, the handling of COVID-19 by the Trump administration, the January 6 riots, and more.

"Those who served in the GOP have a greater burden to tell the truth about what their party has become," Wallace wrote for MSNBC in 2021. "Those who know that the voter suppression laws masquerading as election integrity measures are solutions in search of problems have a duty to sound the alarm. The story of our times is understanding how one of the two major political parties became addicted to the same disinformation and anti-democratic practices it once rebuked in foreign countries and why its base has so eagerly embraced this disastrous pivot."

A combination of that burden and the fear of Trump's wrath keeps GOP members silent. Ultimately, this code of silence will be the undoing of not just the GOP but, if we're not careful, democracy as we know it.

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/maga-rioter-can-t-believe-he-s-going-to-jail-for-trump-after-watching-trading-card-stunt/ar-AA15kc3R?cvid=0e00f1527883444fc3afd2dd0db65061&ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover

MAGA rioter 'can't believe' he's going to jail for Trump after watching trading card stunt

Quote:
Notorious Capitol rioter Tim Gionet, better known by his Twitter name "Baked Alaska," was suddenly filled with regret over his life decisions after watching former President Donald Trump hawk digital trading cards in a video in which he also declared himself a better president than George Washington.

Tim Gionet aka 'Baked Alaska
Tim Gionet aka 'Baked Alaska
© Raw Story
Gionet, who earlier in the day said he believed Trump's digital card gambit means he "can't win" in 2024, wrote a follow-up missive in which he questioned his own decision to storm the Capitol building on January 6th, 2021.

"I can’t believe I'm going to jail for an NFT salesman," he lamented.

Earlier this year, Gionet pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of parading, demonstrating or picketing inside a Capitol building, for which he faces up to six months in prison.

READ MORE: 'We shelter the ignorant, the racist': Adam Kinzinger delivers scathing obituary for GOP in farewell speech

Before that, Gionet was also convicted of assault for pepper-spraying a bouncer who kicked him out of a bar in Arizona.

Although Gionet was once a major Trump supporter in his first two presidential campaigns, he has now apparently switched his allegiance to rapper Kanye West, who has taken to openly praising Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler and denying the Holocaust.

Recommended Links:

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/disgusted-trump-west-wing-official-secretly-worked-with-biden-s-staff-in-the-final-days-author/ar-AA16B031?ocid=winp2fptaskbar&cvid=e25f7be0f8964f97a66c2856ce283baf

[size=20][b]'Disgusted' Trump West Wing official secretly worked with Biden's staff in the final days: author

[size=20][b]During the final days that Trump sat in the Oval Office after the Jan 6th insurrection, one key official in the West Wing was secretly working through an intermediary to keep President-elect Joe Biden's people apprised about the doings at the White House.

Donald Trump in the Oval Office -
Donald Trump in the Oval Office -
© Raw Story
That is according to journalist Chris Whipple as detailed in his new book, "The Fight of His Life -- Inside Joe Biden's White House."

Appearing on MSNBC's "The Alex Witt Show" Whipple told the host that an "obscure" Trump official was disgusted by what was going on and did all they could to help Biden's team as they prepared to assume control of the government.

"You know, Alex, I have spent almost two years talking to most of Joe Biden's inner circle -- that includes Ted Kauffman -- he was the head of that incredibly fraught transition," Whipple recalled. "They were prepared for almost any eventuality, they stopped counting at 70 the most extreme was the very real possibility that Trump would declare martial law and sent troops into the streets."

ALSO IN THE NEWS: Trump 'ignorance' slammed by architect of J6 committee's investigation

Related video: Biden Reportedly Doesn’t Trust His Own Secret Service Worrying Some May Support Trump (Dailymotion)

"It is a real untold story of how it really came down to one obscure deputy White House chief of staff in the West Wing," he elaborated. "Working for Trump, who carried out this sub rosa operation under Donald Trump's nose and without his knowledge."

"He quietly kept the wheels of the transition turning," he continued. "He communicated through intermediaries with the Biden camp. He was about to resign several times, he was fed up with Trump's behavior. Friends of his would talk him off of the ledge."

"He stayed until the morning of January 20th, until 11:59 A.M.," he continued. "He helped to make that peaceful transfer of power take place. It's an unbelievable story that has not been told before."[/quote]

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Six years after your post and no indictment moron...
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
Six years after your post and no indictment moron...
Moscow Malibu you traitor and pedaphile lover/defender... ya he keeps claiming executive privilege and owned the justice department Barr none....

and no one will just tell the truth remember he said while running if you claim the 5th you are guilty, how many times has he or his kids or his people made that claim since leaving office just 2 years ago.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/my-party-leadership-has-left-me-trump-backed-nj-senator-leaves-gop-to-join-democrats/ar-AA17tGmx?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=4b4e1f062d92412580afa24ecaae407f

'My party leadership has left me': Trump-backed NJ Senator leaves GOP to join Democrats

Quote:
Longtime politician and New Jersey State Senator Samuel Thompson, a former President Donald Trump supporter, says he is leaving the Republican Party and will seek reelection as a Democrat, NBC reports.

Sen. Samuel Thompson, Image via Screengrab
Sen. Samuel Thompson, Image via Screengrab
© provided by AlterNet
The retired U.S. Army official told Associated Press (AP) in a phone interview he made the decision "after party leaders questioned his fitness for office because of his age." Thompson is 87.

“It is my life. It gives me something to do every day when I wake up to get there and help people. The alternative is sit at home and just wait to die? I have to be active,” the senator said. “I think I’m doing a public service.”

READ MORE: Former member of Trump administration explains why the former president’s GOP influence is fizzling out

New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy, a Democrat, shared his admiration for the senator's commitment to his role in a statement, describing Thompson as "a tireless public servant," according to AP.

Thompson said many of his colleagues in the state Senate "work part time as legislators while also holding other jobs," but "he works only as a legislator."

real-human

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

again these are all ultra partisan right wingers.. life long... they know trump because they worked with him once president. Never in USA history have ultra partisan people who were hired by the president had such hateful words about him. And the morons right wingers on this forum are so stupid that they cannot even understand this point.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-described-as-most-evil-person-i-ve-ever-met-by-member-of-his-own-cabinet-former-official/ar-AA1aXjmK?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=76c634a7f28143edbca3229c7716dbf5&ei=31

Trump described as 'most evil person I've ever met' by member of his own cabinet: former official

Quote:

Former President Donald Trump has an unprecedented number of detractors who served in his own administration, ranging from former Attorney General Bill Barr to former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to former White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham.

Miles Taylor, another Trump critic who worked for the former President, wrote on Twitter Tuesday that one Trump cabinet official even went so far as to describe the former president as "evil."

"I’ll never forget an ex-Trump cabinet member telling me: 'He is truly the most evil person I have ever met,'" Taylor wrote. "We cannot make this mistake again."

Although Taylor did not identify this former cabinet official by name, he did follow up with a quote from former Trump chief of staff John Kelly, who offered a similarly withering assessment of the former president's character.

"The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me," Kelly once said. "The transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life."

During his tenure at the Trump White House, Taylor published an infamous anonymous editorial in the New York Times in which he described himself as a member of the "resistance" to the former president within his own administration.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-who-claimed-to-only-hire-the-best-people-was-thoroughly-asked-why-so-many-key-players-of-his-administration-do-not-want-him-to-be-president-again/ar-AA1cLSAt?

Donald Trump, who claimed to only hire the best people, was thoroughly asked why so many key players of his administration do not want him to be president again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 24 of 27

Jump to: