myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I quit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IceLYoRnjAI

Former Trump supporter says she was 'brainwashed'

Quote:
Pam Hemphill, who received a two-month sentence in federal prison for her involvement in the January 6 riot at the US Capitol, tells CNN’s Gary Tuchman she was “brainwashed.”

real-human

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/peggy-noonan-reveals-the-moment-she-destroyed-a-former-gop-officeholder-and-trump-loyalist-to-his-face/ar-AA1dDLDY?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=1243eeb339d34ca2aebe0c8411ebb656&ei=9

Peggy Noonan reveals the moment she destroyed a former GOP officeholder and Trump loyalist to his face

Quote:

Writing in her column for the Wall Street Journal Sunday, conservative Peggy Noonan described one of her New York parties in which a Republican voter implored her to see reason and support former President Donald Trump.

"A former officeholder quickly made his way to me to speak of his hero," she wrote. "He referred to the Abraham Accords and the economy and said: 'Surely you can admit he was a good president.'"

She mocked him by speaking "slowly" since he "was all wound up."

"I will tell you what he is: He is a bad man," she said. "I know it, and if I were a less courteous person, I would say that you know it, too."

She noted that he was startled and didn't reply, stepping back. She assumed it was because he did know it and never expected it to be said.

She implied that Trump was close to reaching his "Waterloo" moment, comparing him to the former French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte, who came up against the first Duke of Wellington and lost. Napoleon abdicated the throne four days after.

Read her full column at the Wall Street Journal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/j6-masterminds-also-fabricated-hunter-biden-laptop-lies-and-ex-tea-party-republican-has-proof/ar-AA1dE6kI?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=b8a268b145084745e7d81e099a4059e6&ei=14

J6 masterminds also 'fabricated' Hunter Biden laptop lies — and ex-tea party Republican has proof

Quote:

Former Republican Rep. Denver Riggleman (VA) has joined the legal team for Hunter Biden, similar to what he did for the Jan. 6 committee in exploring the tech pieces of the conspiracies that the GOP has pushed for the past three years.

Speaking to CNN's Jim Acosta on Sunday, Riggleman explained he has been working on the "technical and analytical report compared to phone forensics" as it pertains to the infamous laptop. "And I've been tracking data over the past two years."

He explained that a big reason he wanted to take on the role is "I hate bullies." Another point he realized is that many of the people pushing the Hunter Biden conspiracy theories are the same people pushing Jan. 6 conspiracies, like Steve Bannon, Rudy Giuliani, Peter Navarro, and others.

"There are some things I can't talk about, unlike the grifters. I have to have transparency and verification to stand up in a court of law, but I can tell you this," Riggleman continued. "What we want to look at first is the data out there purported to be Hunter Biden's laptop, and we wanted to see if there was any forensic format, and make sure there was no forensic validity to it and Jim, was there none. Jim, if you're looking at 4chan or from a site like MarcoPolo, you have to have forensic validity. And I am shocked that anybody in Congress would use that data, or any journalist would use those sources because [of] what we found out. We do have the data, we have the 1s and 0s. We do have the facts based on the 1s and 0s that we have found that it's the very same folks. We have videos. We have them self-identifying and manipulating the data. We have people like Steve Bannon using words like 'editorial creativity,' and we have specific instances of fabrication and manipulation of the data.

He went on to say that Congress should know that whatever data is in the public domain "has no relation to any forensic copy attached to a Hunter Biden laptop. And it looks like, to us, that most of the data is curated. It's almost like a mixtape of multiple data sources that's gone through the hands of 30 or 40 people."

Rudy Giuliani has been the source of a lot of the allegations involving the Bidens and Ukraine. It was just last month that Raw Story connected Giuliani to a document Rep. James Comer (R-KY) is using to claim that there was a bribery scheme involving the Bidens. Comer and Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) went so far as to claim that there were 15 tapes that existed that would prove the bribery scandal. Only a few weeks later, Giuliani claimed that the person who had the tapes had been killed and alleged "mysterious circumstances."

Giuliani didn't say the person's name but claimed she was the late wife of a former CEO of Burisma, who also died of mysterious circumstances. According to the Fox website, the person who made the tapes was male, and Giuliani claimed that the tapes were made by that dead CEO. The only problem is that the man Giuliani referenced died in 2011, before either Biden was involved. Now Giuliani is claiming that the "wife" of that CEO, who had the tapes, was killed.

"A lot of the things they say are not validated and ridiculous, and we've found cases of fabricating data," Riggleman said of the far-right.

He went on to attach the so-called "IRS whistleblowers," who have never gone through the legal process to be declared actual whistleblowers. According to Riggleman, the men seem to have facts and witnesses that somehow disappear. They're also refusing to speak to investigators. They're only speaking to Republican lawmakers and the media.

"Witnesses turn up missing or dead, and sometimes the data disappears into the twilight, and people can't spell words correctly or actually go through how a laptop was broken down into these types of notes. And there's no background information when it comes to what the WhatsApp message is or what the forensic validity of that is," said Riggleman. "So, that's my job to break that kind of stuff down. But for me, what individuals need to realize out there is that the truth does matter, and when you have an invasion of privacy like this, is this amount of data that's been stolen or pilfered, and the impressive ecosystem for someone to make money it's an abomination."

Riggleman explained that it's already well known that Hunter Biden did very bad things, was addicted to drugs, and did many other things. To make something up to use for an election, he called it unacceptable.

"The thing is, if it's just a flank to an election, that's an awful thing that you want to use," he continued. "So, I'll say this, for any type of whistleblower, you've got to have proof. You've got to have validity. And now that we know that there's even text messages that were made up, and I think Jim, May 24, 25 and 26 of 2018, we had text messages that were actually made up. Fabricated between a United States Secret Service agent and were reported by the New York Post, which said they had forensic validity. That was just BS."

He went on to say that it's possible that the IRS agents perhaps "weren't trained properly" or "they're credulous idiots, other liars, or their grifters or some kind of combination of all of that."

Still, what bothers him is that it's the same people peddling the same claims, and they're lies just as they have been with other conspiracy theories they invented.

See the full conversation with Riggleman below or at the link here.

Recommended Links:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/burgum-says-he-wouldn-t-do-business-with-trump/ar-AA1dCS0O?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=fa6b37e0267c49b4b27afc762371a2cf&ei=13

Burgum says he wouldn’t do business with Trump

Quote:

North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum (R) said Sunday that he would not conduct business with former President Trump, his fellow GOP primary opponent for the 2024 presidential election.

“I don’t think so,” Burgum told NBC’s Chuck Todd on “Meet the Press.”

“I just think that it’s important that you’re judged by the company you keep,” Burgum added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRHKvnxtNtc

Former CIA Director BLASTS Trump in POWERFUL New Ad

Quote:

303,615 views Jul 9, 2023
Michael Popok of Legal AF reports on recent statements from leading Republican intelligence community member, former CIA director General Michael Hayden, in which he accuses Trump of being unfit for office because of his violations of the espionage act, including revealing nuclear secrets, and that Trump must suffer the consequences no matter how dire they may be.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/maddow-blog-under-oath-john-kelly-raises-serious-allegations-against-trump/ar-AA1dFpl6?cvid=7751d10de6404ed3ce0318b083d0d629&ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&ei=5

Maddow Blog | Under oath, John Kelly raises serious allegations against Trump

Quote:

After Donald Trump left the White House, retired Marine Gen. John Kelly, the man who served as the Republican president’s chief of staff for 17 months, has struggled to contain his contempt for his former boss. Over the last couple of years, Kelly has accused Trump of, among other things, “poisoning” people’s minds, having “serious character issues,” and not being “a real man.”

But even more important than Kelly’s assessment of the former president’s character are the concerns he’s raised about Trump’s abuses while in office. Last fall, the week before Thanksgiving, Kelly told The New York Times that Trump, during his presidency, told his chief of staff to use the Internal Revenue Service and the Justice Department to target his critics and perceived political foes.

The Times’ report went on to note, “Mr. Kelly said he made clear to Mr. Trump that there were serious legal and ethical issues with what he wanted.” The then-president “regularly” made the demands anyway, leading Kelly to remind his boss what he wanted “was not just potentially illegal and immoral but also could blow back on him.”

The significance of the report did not linger — it was overshadowed by a series of other Trump scandals — but Kelly’s allegations struck me as incredibly important. In the midst of Republican hysterics about the Biden White House “weaponizing” and “politicizing” federal law enforcement — allegations that appear to have no basis in fact — here was the former president’s longest serving chief of staff explaining on the record that Trump engaged in the precise abuse that he’s falsely accused his successor of engaging in.

Over the weekend, the allegations returned to the fore, and for good reason. The New York Times reported on Saturday:

The court filing relates to a civil case we discussed late last week: Peter Strzok a former senior FBI official who helped lead the initial probe of ties between Russia and the Trump campaign, is currently sing the bureau, arguing that he was wrongfully terminated. As part of the case, Strzok and his lawyers intend to depose the former president, asking whether the Republican was involved in his firing.

What does this have to do with Kelly’s allegations? According to the retired general, Trump sought to use federal law enforcement against several perceived foes — including Strzok.

It was against this backdrop that Kelly said under oath that Trump discussed using powerful federal agencies to go after the former senior FBI official. What’s more, according to the Times’ report, which has not been independently verified by MSNBC or NBC News, Kelly has contemporaneous notes related to the incident.

Not to put too fine a point on this, but it’s not every day when a former White House chief of staff implicates a former president — under penalty of perjury — in an impeachable offense.

For what it’s worth, a Trump spokesperson responded to the allegations by saying the retired general is a “psycho,” the same label the former president has applied to special counsel Jack Smith.

This article was originally published on MSNBC.com
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here are a bunch of trump quitters putting money into stopping him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-has-a-new-enemy-very-close-to-home/ss-AA1dJgF9?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=e30559c1fdca443edca4e69de3f5e966&ei=8

Donald Trump Has A New Enemy Very Close To Home

Quote:
Club for Growth vs Donald Trump
©Scott Olson/Staff/Getty Images
A new conservative political action committee (PAC) is coming for Donald Trump.

Read on to discover how the organization hopes to turn voters against him – and what they're prepared to spend. And they're not the only ones...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-ally-turned-enemy-starts-3-5-million-ad-campaign-urging-gop-to-pick-someone-else/ar-AA1dIHDf?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=fb86dcc2079447c8b7e24daf4bdb6e5f&ei=21

Trump ally-turned-enemy starts $3.5 million ad campaign urging GOP to pick someone else

Quote:
Anew group affiliated with the conservative Club for Growth is launching almost $3.5 million worth of TV ads this week urging GOP primary voters in South Carolina and Iowa to move on from former President Donald Trump.

In ads run by Win It Back PAC, a white male voter tells viewers, "I love Donald Trump. I love what he did."

He adds, "He was attacked all the time and it seemed like, you know, it just seemed non-stop. The drama ... He’s got so many distractions. The constant fighting — something every day — and I’m not sure he can focus on moving the country forward."

The man in the ad doesn't endorse another Republican candidate, but does say near the end of the ad, "I mean, we definitely need somebody that can freaking win. I think you’d probably lose that bet if you voted for Trump."

The officials behind Win It Back include Club for Growth president David McIntosh, who publicly stated earlier this year that his organization likely wouldn't back Trump's re-election bid in the 2024 GOP primary.

“The party should be open to another candidate,” David McIntosh, the president of the group, told the New York Times in February.

So far, though, the group hasn't endorsed any other candidates in the GOP primary field. They also haven't publicly confirmed that Win It Back PAC is linked to the Club, though McIntosh is listed on Win It Back PAC's FEC paperwork filed last week.

The Club for Growth opposed Trump in 2016 before becoming a close ally of his during his presidency, but he and McIntosh fell out during the 2022 midterm elections. The Club publicly clashed with Trump in several Senate primaries last year. The group even ran ads attacking Trump's chosen candidate in Ohio's Senate race: JD Vance, who eventually won the nomination and the general election.

In response to the Win It Back PAC ad campaign, Steven Cheung, a spokesperson for the Trump campaign referred to the Club as "another swampy DC insider group using shady money to hurt America," in a statement to NBC News.

The Club isn't the only high-powered Republican group pledging to go against Trump in next year's GOP primary. Americans for Prosperity, one of the main groups in the conservative Koch networks, has also said it'll spend money against Trump in the primary.

The New York Times reported last week that the Koch network has already raised over $70 million to spend on the 2024 election cycle.

This article was originally published

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

once you quit your home may be broken into... and again he was a right wing assistant department of homeland security and his alarm system did not include battery back up if power is shut off. and he was in homeland security. right wingers are just the stupidest in the world. Just like General Flynn posting Hillary was involved in a child slavery ring. dumber than all, again what an embarrassment to the word when a General is that stupid too.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/exclusive-ex-trump-staffer-says-home-was-broken-into-after-critical-op-ed/ar-AA1dZ2YG?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=bee49902b73143298099b01bea7dc43c&ei=84

Exclusive: Ex-Trump Staffer Says Home Was Broken Into After Critical Op-Ed

Quote:

Miles Taylor, a former Trump administration official, has revealed his home was broken into a few months after he wrote the scathing 'Anonymous' op-ed about President Donald Trump.

Taylor, the former chief of staff at the Department of Homeland Security, wrote a fiercely critical op-ed for The New York Times headlined "I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration."

The essay, published in September 2018, infuriated Trump and set off an investigation to unmask the detractor.

Taylor penned a follow-up book published in 2019 called A Warning and ultimately revealed himself as the author of both just days before Election Day in 2020.

But in his upcoming book Blowback: A Warning to Save Democracy from the Next Trump, an extract of which was obtained exclusively by Newsweek, he reveals his home in Washington, D.C.'s Capitol Hill neighborhood was broken into shortly before he was to leave for his wedding in Latin America in early 2019. There is no suggestion that anyone in the Trump administration was behind the break-in.

Taylor told Newsweek that he reported the incident, which occurred on January 2, 2019, to the Metropolitan Police Department.

"They sent a cop on the neighborhood beat to come chat with us," he said, adding that he was not sure if an official report was filed.

"The aftermath was handled by DHS. The Department dispatched internal security personnel to our house to do checks. They never found the intruder, and we still don't know what their motivation was. But the timing was very unsettling."

The Metropolitan Police Department and the Department of Homeland Security have been contacted for comment via email.

In his book, Taylor writes that the intruder "picked the locks of two doorways into the Capitol Hill row house, including an iron grate and a thick wooden front door that I found ajar.

"In the process, the individual somehow disabled the alarm system and the video doorbell, both of which went dark during the incident—blacked out for about five minutes."

But what was even stranger, Taylor writes, was that the inside of the house remained undisturbed. "Not a single possession was moved, broken, or stolen," he writes.

Taylor contacted the police, even though he didn't believe the break-in was the work of an ordinary burglar.

The Department of Homeland Security didn't either, he writes. Security personnel were dispatched to do a sweep, the former senior staffer writes, "particularly because of the sensitive communications equipment installed in my residence."

But Taylor recalls being alarmed for another reason.

"After the unsigned essay was released, I suspected that a foreign intelligence service might try to unmask Anonymous," he writes. "The fastest way for world leaders to ingratiate themselves with Donald Trump was to flatter him, or attack his enemies. How better to curry the president's favor than to hunt down and expose the dissenter in his midst?"

But there was nothing in his home that tied him to the op-ed. "There was no paper trail anywhere, save for a single signed document affirming my authorship, which the Times kept in a locked safe at their headquarters," he writes.

The incident left him on edge about home security. "We upgraded our alarm system, replaced the deadbolt with a keypad lock, and added more video cameras which ran on batteries even if the power was cut off," he writes.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well Christy we know quit but he goes further claiming trump lied and in law is

lying.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/chris-christie-accuses-trump-s-son-in-law-of-withholding-details-in-testimony-he-doesn-t-want-to-be-disinvited-to-thanksgiving/ar-AA1e0i2C?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=ef0a2bf5945d4cb6bee838f42ba874ad&ei=40

Chris Christie Accuses Trump's Son-In-Law Of Withholding Details In Testimony: 'He Doesn't Want To Be Disinvited To Thanksgiving'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/chris-christie-accuses-trump-s-son-in-law-of-withholding-details-in-testimony-he-doesn-t-want-to-be-disinvited-to-thanksgiving/ar-AA1e0i2C?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=ef0a2bf5945d4cb6bee838f42ba874ad&ei=40

real-human

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/just-4-of-donald-trump-s-44-former-cabinet-members-have-publicly-endorsed-his-2024-run/ar-AA1eyCIt?ocid=StaticFallback&cvid=5aaa64cbbcdb49c0f3365f7332f82593&ei=50

Just 4 of Donald Trump's 44 former cabinet members have publicly endorsed his 2024 run

Quote:
Very few members of Trump's former cabinet have endorsed his 2024 re-election campaign.
NBC News reached out to over 40 former cabinet members, finding just 4 publicly endorsed Trump.
Other former cabinet members burned by Trump are advocating against him.
Of 44 members of former President Donald Trump's cabinet, less than 10% have publicly endorsed him in his 2024 presidential run.

Only four of Trump's former cabinet members openly endorsed his re-election run, according to NBC News. Several didn't respond to the outlet or declined to comment, while some told NBC they were actively working to prevent his nomination.

The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment on Sunday.

The four former cabinet members supportive of Trump 2024 were Matthew Whitaker, former acting attorney general; Mark Meadows, Trump's former chief of staff; Russell Vought, Trump's former budget chief; and Richard Grenell, former acting director of national intelligence, according to NBC.

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.rawstory.com/george-conway-trump-2664189921/

Quote:
George Conway offered some free legal advice to Donald Trump, but he's probably not going to like what he hears.

The conservative attorney, whose wife led Trump's first presidential campaign and served as a White House adviser throughout most of his term, warned the ex-president that he would not likely win his arguments that he should be immune from prosecution or lawsuits -- and Conway justified his expertise.

"Sorry about the four criminal indictments, and about the civil rape case you lost to my friend E. Jean Carroll," Conway posted on his Truth Social account, tagging the former president.

"I know you’re still real mad at me for finding E. Jean the lawyer she hired to sue you, and about my telling everyone you’re a narcissistic psychopath and stuff," Conway added. "But I can help you on this presidential immunity thing, ‘cause it happens that I know a little about it. You can actually save some of the money you scammed off your supporters and have been using to pay your legal bills."

Conway reminded the former president that he had written the U.S. Supreme Court brief in 1997 that won Paula Jones the right to sue then-president Bill Clinton, and which the court repeatedly cited four years ago when it ruled that Trump had to comply with grand jury subpoenas issued by the Manhattan district attorney's office.

"I know you're really busy with all the criminal cases and had to skip the debate and don't like to read much, so I'll cut to the TL;DR here," Conway said, using the online abbreviation for "too long, didn't read." "Which is that, apart from the fact that you're no longer president – I know you hate to hear it, but you did lose to Sleepy Joe [Biden] and you know it! – you're gonna lose a presidential immunity argument in Georgia for the same reason Clinton lost to Jones and you lost to the Manhattan DA, which also happens to be the same reason why you weren't (and still aren't!) immune from being sued for raping and defaming E. Jean."

ADVERTISEMENT

"You see, when you did all the bad things you did, you weren't acting within what the Supreme Court calls 'the outer perimeter' of your official duties and responsibilities as president," Conway wrote. "(I know 'perimeter' is a big word for you; think of it as acting like a property line in real estate. Or maybe Vanky can explain it for you?) Turns out that (like the Supreme Court told you!) presidents aren't above the law!"

"And not only were you not acting within the Outer Perimeter of Your Official Responsibilities, you were doing the OPPOSITE of what those Very Important Responsibilities required," Conway continued, using some of Trump's characteristic rhetorical flourishes. "PRESIDENTS ARE SUPPOSED TO STOP COUPS, NOT LEAD THEM!!!!"

"Anyway, hope this little explainer helps," he added. "(I used those Initial Caps and ALL CAPS and exclamation points just for YOU!!) P.S. Have fun at the Fulton County Jail this week. Hope you've been staying off the hamberders for the big mug shot and weigh-in!!"

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/lawsuit-seeks-to-disqualify-trump-from-alaska-ballot/ar-AA1m4w0I?cvid=2091ae20fa8345599f4a5312e3c53531&ocid=winp2fptaskbar&ei=30

Lawsuit seeks to disqualify Trump from Alaska ballot

Quote:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KTUU) - A 2024 Republican presidential candidate is asking the United States District Court of Alaska to rule former President Donald Trump is ineligible to appear on the state’s 2024 presidential election ballot.

The lawsuit was filed by Texas attorney and 2024 Republican presidential candidate John Anthony Castro.

However, some Republican leaders in Alaska feel the lawsuit will gain very little steam heading into 2024, even with Colorado’s Supreme Court ruling that Trump is ineligible to appear on the state’s primary ballot next year based on constitutional grounds.

According to the lawsuit, the Texas attorney says he has standing here in Alaska because he intends to either appear on the ballot in the state for the Republican primary or to be formally recognized as a write-in candidate for the general election.
Like in Colorado, the lawsuit asks the court to disqualify Trump from the ballot under section 3 of the 14th amendment and find that Trump provided “aid and comfort” to the insurrectionist on Jan. 6, 2021.

In the lawsuit, it says on Jan. 29, 2022, Trump publicly stated, “If I run and if I win, we will treat those people from January 6 fairly. We will treat them fairly. And if it requires pardons, we will give them pardons.”

Furthermore, the lawsuit says Castro and Trump are both pursuing the same voter and donor pies.

It states Castro will suffer irreparable competitive injuries if Trump is able to secure votes in primary elections and secure funds.

It goes on to say, “Castro has spoken to thousands of voters who have expressed that they would vote for Castro only if Trump is not a presidential candidate as they maintain political loyalty to Trump.”

Alaska Lt. Gov. Nancy Dahlstrom is also named in the lawsuit, and it asks the court to issue an injunction against Dahlstrom and prevent her from giving Trump access to the ballot.

Regarding the lawsuit, Alaska Department of Law Information Officer Sam Curtis said in a statement, “We have not been served with this lawsuit and we do not know whether the plaintiff wishes to pursue it. He has voluntarily dismissed many of his similar lawsuits in other states.”

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/enough-scotus-warned-by-conservative-no-free-pass-for-trump-over-new-violence-threat/ar-AA1mteTK?ocid=winp2fptaskbar&cvid=bcaed04fd1e44cb2a426bd8486901f01&ei=10

'Enough': SCOTUS warned by conservative no free pass for Trump over new violence threat

Quote:
According to conservative columnist David French, the Supreme Court should give absolutely no consideration to how Donald Trump's supporters would react if he isbanned from running for office — and the court should stick to the letter of the law.

In his column for the New York Times, French claimed the time had finally come to say "enough" over worries the former president will incite more violence, while also maintaining that the 14th Amendment was correctly interpreted by the Colorado Supreme Court when they booted him off the ballot.

More to the point, he added the court's eventual ruling on the Civil War era amendment with regard to the former president is likely to divide the country, and that the justices shouldn't try and find a way around that. They need to step up like previous courts have done in critical cases ranging from Brown v. Board of Education to the recent Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization ruling that threw a woman's right to making private health decisions into chaos.

"This is where we are, and have now been for years: The Trump movement commits threats, violence and lies. And then it tries to escape accountability for those acts through more threats, more violence and more lies," French wrote.

"At the heart of the 'but the consequences' argument against disqualification is a confession that if we hold Trump accountable for his fomenting violence on Jan. 6, he might foment additional violence now," he wrote before adding, "Enough. It’s time to apply the plain language of the Constitution to Trump’s actions and remove him from the ballot — without fear of the consequences. Republics are not maintained by cowardice."

As French explained, spending time debating the exact meaning of what constitutes an "insurrection" could go on forever, but there is no doubt, "It’s true that Trump wasn’t declaring a breakaway republic, but he was attempting to “seize and hold” far more than the Capitol. He was trying to illegally retain control of the executive branch of the government. His foot soldiers didn’t wear gray or deploy cannons, but they did storm the United States Capitol, something the Confederate Army could never accomplish."

"So no, it would not be a stretch for a conservative Supreme Court to apply Section 3 to Trump. Nor is it too much to ask the court to intervene in a presidential contest or to issue decisions that have a profound and destabilizing effect on American politics," he advised. "Fear of a negative public response cannot and must not cause the Supreme Court to turn its back on the plain text of the Constitution — especially when we are now facing the very crisis the amendment was intended to combat."

Warning that, "If the court rules against Trump, the nation will be told to brace for violence. That’s what seditionists do," he pointedly wrote of the modern GOP, "Republicans are rightly proud of their Civil War-era history. The Party of Lincoln, as it was known, helped save the Union, and it was the Party of Lincoln that passed the 14th Amendment and ratified it in statehouses across the land.

"The wisdom of the old Republican Party should now save us from the fecklessness and sedition of the new."

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the libs were hoping, but Trump was never on Epstein island, Epstein’s NM Ranch, or his NY apartment.

Of course anyone with a brain already knew that, because if he ever was it would have leaked within .000001 seconds. Now let’s throw those who did take part in jail!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 25 of 28

Jump to: