myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of diversion Techno.

You pointed out a "nutty law" that California is proposing. A law, designed to address the issue with defining toy use by gender and the problems associated with it.

While I disagree with this sort of approach by California lawmakers, the larger concern is how we, as a society, address this issue. A issue that you, as a conservative, scoffed at.

So. 1. Do you not believe that gender defined toys create development problems with children? or 2. Are you OK with the toy industry defining what roles are acceptable for females and what roles are acceptable for males in our society? or or 3. Believe it's OK for males to remain dominant in our society and are fine with toys aiding in that? of 4. Don't believe toys have anything to do with it?
mac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
mac wrote:
techno900 wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
https://www.munchkinsplanet.com/how-gender-specific-toys-threats-your-childs-development/#:~:text=Gender%20specific%20toys%20have%20a%20major%20influence%20on,gender%20label%20can%20help%20to%20solve%20the%20problem.

An example article. There are thousands.

A number of my family members are educators, Techno. The science on childhood toys and development, probably, pre-dates even your professional life. Didn't this come to your attention during your career?

The primary issue is Government dictating to retail stores how they must display/market their products for children. Government overreach to the tenth degree and California is the leader. No surprise there.

Sedition. A party that tries to overrule a huge victory for Joe Biden, lying every step of the way. A president who makes fun of disabled people and gropes, or rapes, younger women--while telling 20,000 lies. Suppression of voting, targeted in North Carolina with surgical precision at black voters. White supremacists chanting "Jews will not replace us", and carrying Confederate flags while they attack police officers. This is the modern conservative movement, which Techno supports without visible reservation. What does he find to complain about? A draft bill in another state. Dude, get a life. Get a conscience. Form a non-profit to clean up pig shit lagoons.

Typical diversion. Any comments on the stated issue?

Typical cognitive decline. I agreed with CB that it was a matter for education not legislation and the law would probably remain in committee. Unlike the Arkansas prohibition on abortion which has passed and is likely to cost the state big bucks—as it did in Idaho.

This is your hot button issue? Join an NGO and get rid of pig shit lagoons.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB, What is a "gender defined toy"?
coachg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Government overreach to the tenth degree and California is the leader. No surprise there.

Government overreach is subject to interpretation. For example, I would consider your state's voter suppression laws as government overreach; just a different kind. You are an out of state conservative so you look at our state government through one lens while a liberal would look at our government through a different lens and determine our government doesn't go far enough. Perhaps a better term would be California has a large, active government.

I have already admitted that California has a large, active government that is often inconveniently overactive. Of that there is little argument. But I have to consider the plusses & minuses of that overactive government such as California brings up the national average life expectancy while North Carolina brings it down.

In the end I choose California because the silly nonsense doesn't get under my skin like it does yours or Iso's. It is kind of like having an annoying sound that keeps away mosquitoes.

Coachg
mac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coach G--I would agree with many conservatives that there are many regulations that don't deliver benefits commensurate with their costs. In most cases, those rules reflected a bygone political consensus, and perhaps should have had a sunset clause. But what trolls ignore is that it takes hard work to restructure such regulations. I know, I've done it in some cases. The alternative is a series of Executive Orders, whether by Dems or Reps that ignore that really hard work. But as we can see, some of those changes are ephemeral.

People like Techno, and indeed most of the righties on this forum are obsessed with pointing out problems, real or imagined (Techno writes about proposals, many of which will not go forward), and rarely if ever offer pragmatic solutions. That's why it's called trolling.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
https://www.munchkinsplanet.com/how-gender-specific-toys-threats-your-childs-development/#:~:text=Gender%20specific%20toys%20have%20a%20major%20influence%20on,gender%20label%20can%20help%20to%20solve%20the%20problem.

An example article. There are thousands.

A number of my family members are educators, Techno. The science on childhood toys and development, probably, pre-dates even your professional life. Didn't this come to your attention during your career?

The primary issue is Government dictating to retail stores how they must display/market their products for children. Government overreach to the tenth degree and California is the leader. No surprise there.

ya acornding to a right winger why not allow kids programming to have beer and tobacco ads... darn nanny states

swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Government overreach is subject to interpretation."

coachg touched on a very important point. From techno900's past commentary, he has no problem at all with wholesale government control and influence that follows his distorted conservative views, and sadly those of an unfit and dishonest person like Donald Trump. To me, many conservative views are not representative of freedom, quite to the contrary. While I have to agree that sometimes aggressive progressive liberal views can take things a bit too far for me, the most questionable ones usually don't make it into law.

Today, with President Joe Biden running the show, I'm much encouraged that our direction as a nation will now follow in a more thoughtful and meaningful path that will honestly address the many important challenges we face moving into the future.
coachg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac,
I am fully aware of the fact that Techno is always trolling with articles about bills that usually don't get out of committee; thus my mosquito analogy.

Coachg
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Point Chandler. Remember the Terry Shiavo, right -to -die case? The Repubs were willing to move Heaven and Earth to defend Terry Shiavo... Government overreach X 1,000,000 , but when some weeny bill gets mentioned during a coffee break in Sacramento.... STOP THE PRESS!
mac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would Techno agree that controlling women's right to birth control is government overreach? Or religious entities securing billions in payments from the Trump-era Covid response bills?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 141 of 205

Jump to: