myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the Tri-Rail from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami just to take another car off the road. Everyone told me to take an Uber.
F That.
Took longer but cost me $9.00.
Sweet
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassman wrote:
"Idiot, the liberals for years have been in favor of a free national ID with biometrics." liberals have been screaming that requiring an ID to vote is discriminatory. xxxx you are a liar.

troll you are the idiot as already shown. Isn't it a bummer still to date you have not found me so wrong.... I understand how frustrating that is for you wingers... Ya makes you troll, stalk, disclose my personal information in an attempt to threaten harass or cause harm to me. As I call it you McVeigh. All because you can not show one time I was so wrong. I mean I even pegged NP to be stalking me and none of you believed it and said I should apologize when the friggen right wing religious wacko was stalking me and disclosing personal information in an attempt to harm, cause harm or stop me from posting.

Again liberals have no problem with a national ID that is free and easy to get. What I and liberals oppose is a poll tax that requires people to jump through hoops that take them away from being able to work, IE take a day or days off of work and so on to travel 120 miles to get one.

Again a national id is not liked by employers that hire illegal workers. again can you name to me the companies that are liberal that have been caught with illegal workers in quantity of several times.

I believe a national ID should be available at any post office or federal government building. Not available that day, but a temp available that day and can be picked up at any Post Office when the official one comes in and you can get a new one free every year. and they never expire. And it is not mandatory, but cannot be refused for voting or employment verification.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/democrats-immigration-plan-calls-for-national-id-card-with-biometric-info/article/4265

Democrats’ immigration plan calls for national ID card with biometric info
by Mark Hemingway

| April 29, 2010 12:00 AM

Quote:
A plan by Senate Democratic leaders to reform the nation’s immigration laws ran into strong opposition from civil liberties defenders before lawmakers even unveiled it Thursday. Democratic leaders have proposed requiring every worker in the nation to carry a national identification card with biometric information, such as a fingerprint, within the next six years, according to a draft of the measure. The proposal is one of the biggest differences between the newest immigration reform proposal and legislation crafted by late Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.). The national ID program would be titled the Believe System, an acronym for Biometric Enrollment, Locally stored Information and Electronic Verification of Employment.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/29/national-id-card-included_n_557721.html

National ID Card Included In Democratic Immigration Bill

Quote:
Democrats pushed forward on an immigration overhaul on Thursday evening with no Republican support, as Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) continues to hold out, arguing that the divisive issue will make progress on climate change legislation impossible.

The Senate is also in the middle of debating Wall Street reform, which is expected to take up the next few weeks of floor time. Reid, however, said that the chamber would be able to handle the task. “We can do more than one thing at once,” he said.

The Democratic proposal includes increased money for border patrol and drug war agents, equipment, helicopters and unmanned drones. It would create a national ID — which is dubbed a “biometric social security card.” Though Democrats insist that it is not an ID card and can only be used for employment purposes. [UPDATE: See language limiting its use below.]

The proposal would also include a crackdown on employers who hire undocumented workers. It works to deport some immigrants who are not in the country legally and creates a limited pathway to citizenship for others.

Democrats brought out their heavy hitters for the announcement: Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.); Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.); Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), who’s been leading the push for immigration reform; Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.); Judiciary Committee Chairman Pat Leahy (D-Vt.) and Intelligence Committee Chairwoman Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.).

The crackdown on employers relies on the creation of national identity cards. “These cards will be fraud-resistant, tamper-resistant, wear resistant, and machine-readable social security cards containing a photograph and an electronically coded micro-processing chip which possesses a unique biometric identifier for the authorized card-bearer,” reads the bill summary.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/national-id-card-voter-fraud-solution/

The Quick Way to End the Vote-Fraud Wars? A National ID Card
Just two problems: Conservatives hate it.

Quote:
But its greatest advantage might come at the ballot box. With a national ID card, voter registration—whose only purpose is to ensure that you’re eligible to vote—is a thing of the past. Just show your ID, which confirms that you’re 18 and a citizen, and you get to vote. If you’ve moved, all you need is your ID along with evidence of your new address. If states want to prevent, say, felons from voting, it’s up to them to make lists of ineligible voters for poll workers. But the burden is on them.

In a functioning national ID system, the government should go out of its way to make ID easy to get. At a designated age—maybe 16, maybe 18—you get your card. If you have trouble with your birth documentation, the government helps you. If you lose your card, it gets replaced. Cards are available at every post office and every federal building. Live in a small town that has neither? No problem—roving ID-mobiles roll through each village and hamlet once every month or two.

coboardhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno

You brought up a liberal California example. Now, let's bring up a conservative one....

How about Palin's "Bridge to Nowhere"? $421 million to serve a tiny population on a remote island. Something like $600 per Alaskan.

There are examples all over our government of catastrophic waste. Medicare Part D is one of the biggest. Enacted by the GOP, it will add between $320B and $800B to the debt. That's real money. Well over $1000 for every single person in this country.

We could also discuss the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq with the associated costs in Trillions.

I think it is patently unfair to blame liberals for egregious spending when the GOP's contributions have been no better.
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for them, hopefully they'll succeed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Orange County city weighs opting out of so-called sanctuary law
Posted: Mar 17, 2018 11:45 AM PDT
Updated: Mar 17, 2018 11:45 AM PDT
By Charlie Guese

An Orange County city will consider an ordinance to exempt itself from a state law that limits cooperation between local police and federal immigration agents.

The Orange County Register reports Saturday that the city of Los Alamitos will discuss the proposal at a meeting on Monday.
The proposed ordinance says city council members have taken an oath to uphold the Constitution and that California's so-called sanctuary law may conflict with it and federal law.

U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions sued California earlier this month over the law.
Loyola Marymount University law professor Kathleen Kim says the argument in the city's proposed ordinance is flawed.

Mayor Troy Edgar says he wants to discuss the proposal.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another "nutty" weekend in California...
102" in past week, another 3-5' coming this week....
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:

Crazy!!!!....we are getting more also.

Have you seen the video of the chair going backwards in Georgia the country yet? Lesson to learn, jump before the end or get tossed.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Crazy!!!!....we are getting more also.

Have you seen the video of the chair going backwards in Georgia the country yet? Lesson to learn, jump before the end or get tossed.

I saw it....crazy... The snow was so deep this weekend, you had to stay on steep fall lines, or you just stopped..
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leading the way
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Los Alamitos votes to opt out of California sanctuary law

March 19, 2018 at 6:47 pm | UPDATED: March 20, 2018 at 9:00 am

Orange County’s second-smallest city voted Monday night to exempt itself from California’s so-called sanctuary law, which limits cooperation between local agencies and federal immigration authorities.
The Los Alamitos City Council voted 4-1 following more than two hours of heated testimony from residents on both sides of the issue.
While the crowd had dwindled both in and outside the chamber when the vote came, people erupted in cheers after the vote and began chanting “USA.” But on the pro-immigrant rights side, there was this chant: “The people united, will never be divided.”
Someone shouted out to Councilman Warren Kusumoto, who introduced the legislation, “great American patriot!” while someone else screamed out “America first.”
Kusumoto said the issue was not about immigration.
“This council is looking out for the constituents in our city,” Kusumoto said.
Mayor Troy Edgar said he hoped mayors in other cities consider similar local legislation. And his message was clear: “As the mayor of Los Alamitos, we are not a sanctuary city.”
The council went one step further. The majority also voted to direct the city attorney to write an amicus brief to a federal lawsuit filed earlier this month against California, alleging that three of the state’s laws are unconstitutional. One of those laws was the same one the Los Alamitos council looks to opt-out of: the “California Values Act,” which limits cooperation between law enforcement agencies and federal immigration authorities.

For the rest~
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/19/los-alamitos-immigration-debate-sparks-singing-shouting/
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Leading the way
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Los Alamitos votes to opt out of California sanctuary law

March 19, 2018 at 6:47 pm | UPDATED: March 20, 2018 at 9:00 am

Orange County’s second-smallest city voted Monday night to exempt itself from California’s so-called sanctuary law, which limits cooperation between local agencies and federal immigration authorities.
The Los Alamitos City Council voted 4-1 following more than two hours of heated testimony from residents on both sides of the issue.
While the crowd had dwindled both in and outside the chamber when the vote came, people erupted in cheers after the vote and began chanting “USA.” But on the pro-immigrant rights side, there was this chant: “The people united, will never be divided.”
Someone shouted out to Councilman Warren Kusumoto, who introduced the legislation, “great American patriot!” while someone else screamed out “America first.”
Kusumoto said the issue was not about immigration.
“This council is looking out for the constituents in our city,” Kusumoto said.
Mayor Troy Edgar said he hoped mayors in other cities consider similar local legislation. And his message was clear: “As the mayor of Los Alamitos, we are not a sanctuary city.”
The council went one step further. The majority also voted to direct the city attorney to write an amicus brief to a federal lawsuit filed earlier this month against California, alleging that three of the state’s laws are unconstitutional. One of those laws was the same one the Los Alamitos council looks to opt-out of: the “California Values Act,” which limits cooperation between law enforcement agencies and federal immigration authorities.

For the rest~
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/19/los-alamitos-immigration-debate-sparks-singing-shouting/

what a joke..... There are over 700 "sanctuary cities" in the US, you pick a city with 11,000 residents with a declining population base....nice work NW!
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't care about those 700 cities, this is about Ca., my home state that I've been watching fall apart under it's own misguided state government.
Unlike you, and your life in the silicon bubble, there are many Californians that are really pissed off with what they've/we've been witnessing, mostly over the last decade.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-sanctuary-state-flght-20180319-story.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 3 of 205

Jump to: