myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 183, 184, 185 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
I’ll be specific. If you are “many conservatives”, or if you are specifically one of the “especially in Texas” conservatives, or if you work for “Fox news” who were blaming the failure of the power grid during the big freeze in Texas on renewables, then that is when you were specifically lying. You are welcome.

Wow!! Utterly bizarre!!
coachg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
coachg wrote:
I’ll be specific. If you are “many conservatives”, or if you are specifically one of the “especially in Texas” conservatives, or if you work for “Fox news” who were blaming the failure of the power grid during the big freeze in Texas on renewables, then that is when you were specifically lying. You are welcome.

Wow!! Utterly bizarre!!

Exactly. Since this pretty simple post already answered your question:

coachg wrote:
mrgybe wrote:
Who is suggesting that we "just blow off renewables"

Many conservatives; especially in Texas. They tried lamely to blame last years electric grid failure on wind production. You can be pro oil, but to try to lie or misrepresent renewables is, well, that's Fox news; professional liars.

Coachg

I figured simple wasn't cutting it I'd try bizarre.

Coachg
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg

Yes. The European cities have less sprawl. That's my point. The sprawl was created by embracing the automobile and cheap fuel. This resulted in poor urban planning and central city blight. That's all changing...a little bit at a time. But, the sprawl remains and retooling is tough.

I see reducing carbon in transportation as a multi-prong approach. Lower carbon fuels, increases in efficiency, mass transit, social modifications that allow more work from home AND providing incentives for increasing housing density in the closer in suburbs. All together these will help.

In the meantime. Let's take the Denver suburbs for example. All those big lots with big roofs are perfect for solar generation. Plug in your SMALL EV to a solar panel system and use that for commuting. The carbon reduction potential is significant.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
CB—I expect advocates to spin and advocate. Whether they are selling EV’s or traditional cars. Sadly, too many Americans have their ego wrapped up in a car, with no consideration for impact. But that does not justify 50 years of fighting any effort to reduce oil use, involving hiring the dregs of the tobacco consultants, lies, and cheating. Mrgybe has been part of this disinformation campaign for years. He attacked the stimulus bill repeatedly—hiding his opposition to even modest measures to increase efficiency. None of the righties here have bothered to actually make a substantive case for nuclear energy. Move on to the next Fox news talking point—brought to you by big oil.

Mac. Your characterization that too many Americans have their ego tied up in their cars is one of those chants many liberals make to denigrate others who may own a bigger car. They are fighting words that do no good at all. I find more bragging Prius owners than F250 owners.

Americans, humans in general, do a lot of things with little to no regard for the environment. One of my best friends chastises me for driving my big rig to a kite/windsurfing location after showing me photos of their Galapagos Vacation.

I agree that the only way we can change behavior is through the pocket book. This means a carbon tax is the most effective way to reduce carbon footprint. But, this tax needs to be uniform and fair.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB—you make my point—both conservatives and liberals have some aspect of their ego wrapped up in their car. Virtue signaling on the left, and you have written about those who blast smoke to be macho.

But the point is that big oil has cheated and lied about the impacts—from emission toxicity to global warming—for 40 years or more.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac

I don't disagree that folks have egos tied into their vehicles and the activity of driving. But, it's no different than any other possession or activity. Houses, furniture, art, wine collections, pedigree dogs and horses...flights to Minnesota to visit the grandkids... It's just that a vehicle is a possession YOU believe shouldn't have ego tied into it because those that take pride in their vehicle have "little regard for the impact".

The fact is that I DO have ego tied into my Sprinter Van. It hauls my wife and myself around to places I want to visit to windsurf and kite at similar (or less if the trip includes multiple destinations) environmental cost per person than flying. Something you don't rail against because you do that.

I also do have ego tied into being a good driver and know how to get an old BMW (yes I'm proud of that thing too) to run through the mountain roads on my commute or trips to the ski area. I'm gonna miss that when I buy an EV.

We have to be very careful here. One thing I do agree with Gybe on is that many of us, me included, are willing to denigrate others for different viewpoints on issues like this.

The reason I am harping on this a bit is because nothing is going to happen until one of two things happen. One is that we price people out of petroleum which can have a very real negative impact on the economy. The other is that we embrace the notion that as humans we are proud of our accomplishments and possessions and that could include an efficient and well designed electric or super efficient petrol automobile.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAS wrote:
isobars wrote:
These clowns have called me a liar literally thousands of times over the decades. Back when I mistook them for adults, I challenged them scores of times to back it up. Not ONCE, in all these years, has any of them been able to support such a claim.

isobars wrote:
the Jan 6 Capitol "invasion"
it's been legitimately described as gawking tourists including grannies shooting selfies.

BTW, I assume that even you lefties know that the only person killed that day was an unarmed woman carrying a U.S. flag. Anyone who comes back with anything even resembling "they killed a cop" is outright lying.
fugging idiots

Well, there 3 lies in this:
1) Ashley Babbitt was not carrying a US flag. She had a Trump flag.
2) There was a second woman who was killed by an overdose.
3) While there may have been some grannies and tourists who entered the Capitol in a non-violent way, there were many more that were armed and violent. Some carried guns. Others used pepper spray. Nearly 900 have been charged with crimes and over 300 have already been found guilty, many of whom confessed to their crimes.

You don’t get to invent your own definition of common words such as “lies”: deliberate misstatement of facts.

1. U.S. flag … MAGA flag … Nazi flag … gay pride flag … Let’s go, Brandon flag … Early reportage wasn’t clear, so I may have been wrong. Does her attire justify a cop with a bad history with firearms shooting a small unarmed woman in the neck because she was trying to trespass?

2. “Killed by”? No, unless someone else injected her, she killed herself. Drugs … just like a gun … cannot just up and kill someone. Thus my emphasis on the word, ”killed” in my original post.

3. How does carrying guns imply violence? Many lengthy videos showed cops opening doors, inviting demonstrators in, chatting cordially with the “viking”, etc. The lead instructor in my extensive concealed carry training said in class, “I can see that several of you are carrying. That’s fine as long as you keep your weapons and ammunition concealed, to avoid mixing live ammo and real guns with our props.” He was not in the least worried by their weapons.

Where’s the outrage and coverage of the June 18 illegal invasion of the capitol directed and enabled by Schiff-for-brains and his staff? Is pounding on legislators’ doors and refusing police orders to leave less offensive than what the majority of the Jan 6 group did? Why are the latter still in solitary confinement while the former went free on identical charges? (Not saying one incident justifies the other, but where’s the equal justice?)

Don’t expect a debate; I’ve explained far too many times why I don’t debate dishonest children. I sometimes DO, however, give them the courtesy of looking at their response to a challenge. Why I bothered looking after decades of unanswered similar challenges escapes me.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very sick man with a very damaged brain.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Early reportage wasn’t clear, so I may have been wrong."

Wow, did isobars just admit that He could have been wrong? Unbelievable! He doesn't do that often.

Yet, predictably, he turns back to BS pretty quickly. Why bring up some questionable situation that allegedly happened on June 18? Sounds to me like pitching out nonsense in an attempt to change the topic from what happened on January 6.

Hey look, a squirrel!
SAS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you post something that is wrong and never correct it contained a lie. Fact check for once if you don’t want to be called a liar.

Saying someone was killed by an OD is completely correct. If you want to limit “killing” to certain situations then write more accurately, which may be hard to do with brain loss.

Schiff is deflection. Typical lame response. Comparing letting a camera crew in the violence and property destruction of Jan 6 shows a warped mind. (Not something we did not already know)

Last, he continues to lie about the Capitol invasion. Grannies and tourists typically do not carry arms. And he ignores all the Trump invaders who pepper sprays police and assaulted them with all sorts of items, including poles holding American flags. He ignores all the guilty pleas and verdicts. His pants are on fire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 183, 184, 185 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 184 of 205

Jump to: