myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Rudy Giuliani has found himself in a sex scandal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/borat-sequel-s-maria-bakalova-speaks-out-on-infamous-scene-with-rudy-giuliani/ar-BB1aVuV5?ocid=msedgntp

Borat Sequel's Maria Bakalova Speaks Out on Infamous Scene with Rudy Giuliani

Quote:
Biden responds to Trump's refusal to concede presidential race
GOP senator says Biden should get access to intelligence briefings
People logoBorat Sequel's Maria Bakalova Speaks Out on Infamous Scene with Rudy Giuliani

Maria Bakalova — who appeared in the recent Borat sequel with Sacha Baron Cohen and was in a now-infamous scene featuring Rudy Giuliani — is opening up about the experience.

a couple of people that are talking to each other: Maria Bakalova/instagram Maria Bakalova© Provided by People Maria Bakalova/instagram Maria Bakalova
In a recent interview with The New York Times, Bakalova, 24, said that she wasn't very familiar with Giuliani before doing the film and had only heard of him because he was the mayor of New York City on 9/11.

"But I’m not American, I don’t get into American politics," she said. "I don’t think I’m that informed with the situation in America and its political system. Sacha has been living here for a long time. I trust him."

Bakalova plays Borat's teenage daughter Tutar Sagdiyev in the movie, and in the scene involving Giuliani poses as a journalist. After their interview, she invites the former politician up to a hotel room for a drink and tries to take his microphone off.

Then, Giuliani leans back onto a bed and appears to put his hand down the front of his pants. Giuliani has denied he was doing anything inappropriate in the shot. It is unclear if he's adjusting his shirt, as he claimed on Twitter after photos of the scene circulated online shortly before the movie's release last month.

a couple of people that are talking to each other: Maria Bakalova© Maria Bakalova/instagram Maria Bakalova
RELATED: Rudy Giuliani Denies Misconduct in Controversial Scene from the Upcoming Borat Sequel

Bakalova admitted that she was "nervous" to film the scene, and told the Times, "My heart was racing."

Gallery: Demi Lovato and more celebs react to Rudy Giuliani's scene in 'Borat' sequel (Wonderwall)

Rudy Giuliani has dealt with many people from all walks of life, but he may have met his match in Borat. The man once dubbed "America's Mayor" was caught on camera in a compromising position in the new movie sequel "Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Delivery of Prodigious Bribe to American Regime for Make Benefit Once Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan," which hit Amazon Prime Video on Oct. 23, 2020. Making headlines is a scene in which Rudy -- President Donald Trump's personal lawyer -- is seen talking to the actress playing Borat's daughter while she posed as a TV journalist. Following the faux interview, Rudy and the actress retreated to a hotel bedroom rigged with concealed cameras. Video shows Rudy touching her, lying back on the bed, fiddling with his untucked shirt and reaching into his pants. The former New York City mayor has denied anything salacious happened -- he claims he was simply reclined to tuck in his shirt -- but others aren't buying it. Hollywood, for instance, was quick to mock Rudy. Tweeted pop star Demi Lovato, "So you normally drink with reporters, follow them to the bedroom and then lie on the bed and let her take off your mic for you? I guess I've been doin my interviews all wrong…" Keep reading to see how others reacted...
"But Sacha was like, you should be nervous in this situation. So use your nerves. Convert them and accept them and they’re going to help you through everything," she said. The Bulgarian actress added, "I was confident that Sacha will save me and he will save the scene, so it’s not going to be a disaster. He’s my guardian angel."

In the scene, Cohen eventually runs into the hotel room as a costumed Borat, saying, "She’s 15. She’s too old for you."

Bakalova didn't give an outright answer when asked what exactly Giuliani was doing.

"I saw everything that you saw. If you saw the movie, that’s our message. We want everybody to see the movie and judge for themselves," she said, adding that Cohen arrived in the scene "just in time."

"Sacha jumped into the room quickly, because he’s been worried about me," she said. "So, if he were late, I don’t know how things were going to go. But he came just in time."

RELATED: Sacha Baron Cohen as Borat Posts Video 'to Defend' Rudy Giuliani After Borat 2 Leaked Scene

As for whether or not Giuliani was aware of her character's age, Bakalova said that she didn't know.

"I’m not the person who is actually booking these people, so when we get to the scene, I’m just doing the scene, without introducing myself," she told the Times. "I’m not sure what he knows or does not know."

"The Borat video is a complete fabrication. I was tucking in my shirt after taking off the recording equipment," Giuliani previously wrote on Twitter of the scene. "At no time before, during, or after the interview was I ever inappropriate. If Sacha Baron Cohen implies otherwise he is a stone-cold liar."

Bakalova added to the Times that she doesn't feel bad tricking the subjects of Borat, including Giuliani.

"Movies like this are showing people’s true colors," she said. "It’s going to show Rudy’s real character. You’re responsible for your own decisions. So, no, I don’t feel bad."

mac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When this where your attorney schedules a press conference....

I think he found some hard drives in the garbage cans in back,

There is no “A” team.
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is he bleeding out? i mean his hair is a bad hair day?
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Rudy Giuliani has found himself in a sex scandal."

At least he's gettin' some, Dean.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
"Rudy Giuliani has found himself in a sex scandal."

At least he's gettin' some, Dean.

ya he was probably raping children like trump too, seems you are all for raping children by your right wing whore heros...

real-human

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lock him up.... so irresponsible,

right wingers are so stupid to be hugging such a idiot,...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/doctor-giuliani-potentially-exposed-hundreds-to-virus/vi-BB1bGrnh?ocid=msedgntp

Doctor: Giuliani potentially exposed hundreds to virus

Quote:
Responding to President Donald Trump's tweet that Rudy Giuliani has tested positive for coronavirus, Dr. Megan Ranney says that Giuliani could have potentially exposed "hundreds and hundreds" of people to the virus during a recent trip to Atlanta. CNN has reached out to Giuliani for comment.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-lawyer-who-attended-white-house-party-tests-positive-for-covid/ar-BB1bKl3h?ocid=msedgntp

Trump lawyer who attended White House party tests positive for Covid

Quote:
Why Biden has to peel off a few Republican senators
No, faithless electors won't hand Donald Trump a second term
POLITICO logoTrump lawyer who attended White House party tests positive for Covid

Another main figure in President Donald Trump’s legal battle to challenge the results of the 2020 election has tested positive for Covid-19, people inside the White House and Trump campaign confirmed on Tuesday.

a couple of people posing for the camera© Jacquelyn Martin/AP Photo
Jenna Ellis, who has worked side by side with Rudy Giuliani on behalf of the Trump campaign to file lawsuits in battleground states, has tested positive for the contagious disease. It is unclear when Ellis was told of her diagnosis, but Giuliani was diagnosed with the coronavirus on Sunday and was admitted to Georgetown University Hospital as a precaution.

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/rudy-giuliani-sued-by-dominion-voting-systems-over-false-election-claims/ar-BB1d4oBL?ocid=msedgntp

Rudy Giuliani Sued by Dominion Voting Systems Over False Election Claims

Quote:
Dominion Voting Systems filed a defamation lawsuit on Monday against Rudolph W. Giuliani, the lawyer for Donald J. Trump and former mayor of New York City who played a key role in the former president’s monthslong effort to subvert the 2020 election.

Rudy Giuliani wearing a suit and tie: Rudy Giuliani helped marshal the campaign to overturn the election results in favor of Donald J. Trump.© Gabriela Bhaskar for The New York Times Rudy Giuliani helped marshal the campaign to overturn the election results in favor of Donald J. Trump.
The 107-page lawsuit, filed in the Federal District Court in Washington, accuses Mr. Giuliani of carrying out “a viral disinformation campaign about Dominion” made up of “demonstrably false” allegations, in part to enrich himself through legal fees and his podcast.

The suit seeks damages of more than $1.3 billion and is based on more than 50 statements Mr. Giuliani made at legislative hearings, on Twitter, on his podcast and in the conservative news media, where he spun a fictitious narrative of a plot by one of the biggest voting machine manufacturers in the country to flip votes to President Biden.

Mr. Giuliani, one of Mr. Trump’s closest advisers and confidants, has faced continuing fallout for his highly visible efforts to reverse the election outcome. This month, the chairman of the New York State Senate’s judiciary committee formally requested that the state court system strip Mr. Giuliani of his law license.

Mr. Giuliani did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Taken together with a lawsuit the company filed this month against Sidney Powell, another lawyer who was allied with Mr. Trump, the suit represents a point-by-point rebuke of one of the more outlandish conspiracy theories surrounding last year’s election. The president’s allies had contended that the voting machine company — which was also used in states during Mr. Trump’s victory in the 2016 election, has been tested by government agencies, and was used in states Mr. Trump carried in 2020 — was somehow involved in a rigged election, partly as a result of ties to a long-deceased Venezuelan dictator.

a person holding a sign: A Dominion Voting Systems ballot scanner was used at a polling location in Gwinnett County, Ga. The company is one of the largest voting machine manufacturers in the country.© Ben Gray/Associated Press A Dominion Voting Systems ballot scanner was used at a polling location in Gwinnett County, Ga. The company is one of the largest voting machine manufacturers in the country.
“Dominion was not founded in Venezuela to fix elections for Hugo Chávez,” the suit says. “It was founded in 2002 in John Poulos’s basement in Toronto to help blind people vote on paper ballots.” The suit later adds that the headquarters for the company’s United States subsidiary is in Denver.

Laying out a timeline of Mr. Giuliani’s comments about Dominion on Twitter, his podcast and Fox News, the company notes that Mr. Giuliani avoided mentioning Dominion in court, where he could have faced legal ramifications for falsehoods. “Notably, not a single one of the three complaints signed and filed by Giuliani and other attorneys for the Trump Campaign in the Pennsylvania action contained any allegations about Dominion,” the lawsuit says.

The lawsuit also links Mr. Giuliani’s false statements about Dominion to the riot at the Capitol on Jan. 6, noting that he mentioned the company in his speech at a rally for Mr. Trump before the attack, as well as numerous times on social media as the Capitol was breached.

“Having been deceived by Giuliani and his allies into thinking that they were not criminals — but patriots ‘Defend[ing] the Republic’ from Dominion and its co-conspirators — they then bragged about their involvement in the crime on social media,” the suit states.

Thomas A. Clare, a lawyer representing Dominion, said that the riot had not factored into the decision to sue Mr. Giuliani, but that it did show just how seriously Mr. Trump’s followers had taken the falsehoods told about the election.

“From a defamation law perspective, it just demonstrates the depth to which these statements sink in to people,” Mr. Clare said in an interview. “That people don’t just read them and tune them out. It goes to the core of their belief system, which puts them in a position to take action in the real world.”

John Poulos, the chief executive officer of Dominion, said that his company took legal action against Mr. Giuliani both to correct the record about Dominion and restore trust in the American electoral systems.

“Not only have these lies damaged the good name of my company,” Mr. Poulos said of Mr. Giuliani’s false claims, “but they also undermined trust in American democratic institutions, drowning out the remarkable work of elections officials and workers, who ensured a transparent and secure election. The thousands of hand recounts and audits that proved machines counted accurately continue to be overshadowed by disinformation.”

Dominion is a major manufacturer of voting machine equipment in the United States, second only to Election Systems & Software. Different models of Dominion machines were used in more than two dozen states — red, blue and battleground — during the 2020 election.

The company had previously warned Mr. Giuliani, sending a letter in late December that told him to preserve all records of his claims and stop making false statements, and warned that legal action was imminent. But Mr. Giuliani continued with his false claims of fraud, even arguing on Twitter days after receiving the letter that “phony Dominion voting machines” needed to be investigated.

As recently as last week, Mr. Giuliani was on his New York City-based radio show saying that “so long as you have Dominion, there is clear and present danger” that election results could be rigged. He added that he had “boxes of evidence to support his claims.”

Dominion has indicated that it plans to file more lawsuits. The suit against Mr. Giuliani says he acted with other prominent conservatives and news networks, including Mike Lindell, Lou Dobbs, Fox News, Fox Business, Newsmax and One America News Network.

Mr. Clare, Dominion’s lawyer, left open the possibility of litigation against Mr. Trump.

“We’re not ruling anybody out,” he said. “Obviously, this lawsuit against the president’s lawyer moves one step closer to the former president and understanding what his role was and wasn’t.”

The threats from Dominion have prompted some conciliatory responses from conservative news outlets hoping to avoid a legal battle. This month, the American Thinker, a conservative website, posted an apologetic note saying that its reports about Dominion “are completely false and have no basis in fact” and that “it was wrong for us to publish these false statements.”

Mr. Giuliani was one of the main public faces of the effort to reverse the election results, with Mr. Trump rarely appearing in public and preferring to send out broadsides on Twitter against the democratic process.

Dominion argues that Mr. Giuliani profited significantly from his false claims, noting that he “reportedly demanded $20,000 per day” for his legal services to Mr. Trump and “cashed in by hosting a podcast where he exploited election falsehoods to market gold coins, supplements, cigars and protection from ‘cyberthieves.’”

The lawsuit notes just how quickly and widely the lies and false narratives had spread leading up to the riot at the Capitol. “Over a three-hour period on December 21, 2020, the terms ‘dominion’ and ‘fraud’ were tweeted out together by more than 2,200 users with over 8.75 million total followers,” the suit says.

The reach of the disinformation about the company brought countless threats of violence against employees, the suit claims. One employee received text messages stating: “We are already watching you. Come clean and you will live.” A voice mail message to customer support said, “We’re bringing back the firing squad.”

Because of these threats, Dominion has spent $565,000 on personal security, according to the lawsuit. The company claimed to have incurred $1.17 million in total expenses relating to the disinformation campaign after the election.

“Giuliani’s statements,” the suit states, “were calculated to — and did in fact — provoke outrage and cause Dominion enormous harm.”

mac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudy is scum. He will spend the rest of his life defending himself in criminal and civil litigation over the lies he told for trump, and his encouraging violence on January 6.

Quote:
“Until we were 100 percent certain that Rudy was the go-to guy, and nothing would happen without him, we were trying to avoid him as much as possible,” said Igor Novikov, who served an adviser to Zelensky until August and was a member of the team tasked with responding to U.S. overtures during the Trump administration.

“But then toward the end of June, we realized that we couldn’t achieve anything with Trump without talking to Rudy first,” Novikov said.

To this end, Volker set up an introductory phone call on July 22, 2019 between himself, Yermak and Giuliani, according to Volker’s testimony during the impeachment proceedings. Novikov, unknown to Giuliani and Volker, sat next to Yermak and took notes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/ukraine-giuliani-biden-hunter/2021/01/29/592cecd6-54f7-11eb-acc5-92d2819a1ccb_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F2f05c1b%2F60158da79d2fda4c88cc3942%2F5976d6ccade4e26514ba9956%2F31%2F69%2F60158da79d2fda4c88cc3942

To be sure, there are others who helped amplify Trump's lies.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://news.yahoo.com/business-partner-giuliani-associate-gets-173328310.html

[b]
Former business partner of Giuliani associate gets one year in prisonNEW YORK (Reuters) - A former business partner of Lev Parnas, a onetime associate of Donald Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, was sentenced on Monday to one year and a day in prison for duping investors in a start-up insurer and lying to the Federal Election Commission.

David Correia, 45, had pleaded guilty in October to wire fraud conspiracy over his role in Fraud Guarantee, a Florida startup that ostensibly protected consumers from fraud.

Prosecutors said Correia and Parnas conned victims into investing more than $2 million over seven years, but then withdrew much of it for family or personal use.

"It is not just a momentary lapse of judgment," said U.S. District Judge Paul Oetken, who imposed Correia's sentence.

Correia also admitted to making false statements concerning an alleged illegal $325,000 donation that Parnas and Igor Fruman, another Giuliani associate, made to Trump's unsuccessful campaign for a second term as U.S. president.

Prosecutors had sought a 33- to 41-month prison term, but Oetken said the small profit Correia received, and concerns about Correia's health in prison, justified less.[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14

Jump to: