myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Teach on the light days?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justall

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject: Teach on the light days? Reply with quote

Have had some great sessions on the bay (Cape Cod) the past several evenings. But so few others out on the water. Was thinking about offering free beginner lessons for the next couple weeks when the wind is light to get a few newbies interested. I have plenty of rigs with me, but not a big soft board. Anyone have a big beginner board (bic nova) for rent or sale near Truro?[/code]
justall

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be on Cape Cod for a while, so bumping this post up for a 2021 look.

On light wind days, was thinking again of offering free lessons to my young nephews and any others on the beach interested in trying windsurfing. I have beginner sails/booms and all sorts of powerbox fins. But, my boards are generally too small and rough for beginner stability and shins.

Anyone have a wider/stable board for sale or rent in the area? Maybe 140L or larger, and ideally padded top, that pairs with my rigs and fins.
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got an unused Bic 160 with a daggerboard and a BIC Windsup, and might be willing to sell either. Both are reasonably soft on top, the 160 has full EVA. The Windsup does not have a dagger board, but it has more volume and directional stability. I know several professional instructors who have used it for beginner teaching.
justall

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boardsurfr wrote:
We've got an unused Bic 160 with a daggerboard and a BIC Windsup, and might be willing to sell either. Both are reasonably soft on top, the 160 has full EVA. The Windsup does not have a dagger board, but it has more volume and directional stability. I know several professional instructors who have used it for beginner teaching.

Thanks. This may work quite well. I’ll pm you to see if we can make something work.
justall

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty! First teaching lessons completed yesterday, with young student able to sail out and back, with a few nice tacks and even beach starts! Hoping the wind cooperates for more lessons tomorrow. At the end of the sessions, student said “can’t wait for more wind to go even faster”. Now, we’re talk’n.

Thanks, boardsurfr, for helping make this happen.
skyking1231

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justall wrote:
Alrighty! First teaching lessons completed yesterday, with young student able to sail out and back, with a few nice tacks and even beach starts! Hoping the wind cooperates for more lessons tomorrow. At the end of the sessions, student said �can�t wait for more wind to go even faster�. Now, we�re talk�n.

Thanks, boardsurfr, for helping make this happen.

that's great. hope the new person sticks with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: