myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Coronavirus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 274, 275, 276 ... 339, 340, 341  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don’t think I so angry comes up with this stuff on his own do you? The right wing media know that ratings are stimulated by outrage. Right wing politicians know that donations are stimulated by outrage. They’ve developed a whole eco-system to do this, facts be damned. iso signs up for direct stimulation.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/12/migrants-being-sent-to-major-texas-cities-without-covid-tests/
mac

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this more crazy or more stupid?

Quote:
By
Isaac Stanley-Becker
Yesterday at 1:00 p.m. EDT

The letter sounds passionate and personal.

It is motivated, the author explains, by a desire to “speak up for what is best for my kids.” And it fervently conveys the author’s feelings to school leaders: “I do not believe little kids should be forced to wear masks, and I urge you to adopt a policy that allows parental choice on this matter for the upcoming school year.”

But the heartfelt appeal is not the product of a grass roots groundswell. Rather, it is a template drafted and circulated this week within a conservative network built on the scaffolding of the Koch fortune and the largesse of other GOP megadonors.

That makes the document, which was obtained by The Washington Post, the latest salvo in an inflamed debate over mask requirements in schools, which have become the epicenter of partisan battles over everything from gender identity to critical race theory. The political melee engulfing educators has complicated efforts to reopen schools safely during a new wave of the virus brought on by the highly transmissible delta variant.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right winger
wsurfer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoohoo!
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't intended to prove or debate any part or all of the Covid vaccination issue. Its intent is to encourage -- even warn -- every one of you to research the vaccination issue in medical literature, not social or any other lay media. Your and especially your kids' and parents' health and maybe lives depend on making some tough decisions based on science rather than power trips, and you won't find much valid science on government, social media, or news media sources.

For example, I had both vaccinations last winter, but am not sure yet whether I'll get a booster despite having two strikes: age and a compromised immune system. My so-far limited research has been inconclusive*, my state-of-the-art out-of-pocket cash Spike antibody score is high**, and I strongly suspect my wife and I had Covid 20 months ago***.

* Some sources I respect believe that Covid vaccines do more harm than good, and have very extensive large-scale data to back that up.

** But every official, government, and/or medical source I've found so far adds caveats like this: your score don't mean crap about your vulnerability to Covid infection. So ... just what does it mean? You took my money, but can't or won't give me a bottom line?

*** Natural immunity (from having Covid) is 27 times stronger and much longer-lasting than vaccine-based immunity. Do I have natural immunity? Should I bet my health or life on that likelihood?

How about it, punks? Do ya feel lucky today? Will your kids' and parents' health and lives be determined by what you read in iWindsurf or whatever a few filthy rich egotists allow Twitter, Facebook, TicToc, and all the other children's networks to post? Will your family's future depend on what Big Pharma tells you about products they're being paid untold billions to produce?

Will some windsurfer dood on iW determine the fate of your family tree?
mac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Science" delivered directly to Mike Fick from the dark web through his tinfoil hat.

The funniest, and most ludicrous claim is that natural immunity from contracting COVID is 27 times stronger. Of course, like his many claims about climate change, there is not a citation to a peer reviewed source that supports this claim.

Cue the music from the Twilight Zone.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
This isn't intended to prove or debate any part or all of the Covid vaccination issue. Its intent is to encourage -- even warn -- every one of you to research the vaccination issue in medical literature, not social or any other lay media. Your and especially your kids' and parents' health and maybe lives depend on making some tough decisions based on science rather than power trips, and you won't find much valid science on government, social media, or news media sources.

For example, I had both vaccinations last winter, but am not sure yet whether I'll get a booster despite having two strikes: age and a compromised immune system. My so-far limited research has been inconclusive*, my state-of-the-art out-of-pocket cash Spike antibody score is high**, and I strongly suspect my wife and I had Covid 20 months ago***.

* Some sources I respect believe that Covid vaccines do more harm than good, and have very extensive large-scale data to back that up.

** But every official, government, and/or medical source I've found so far adds caveats like this: your score don't mean crap about your vulnerability to Covid infection. So ... just what does it mean? You took my money, but can't or won't give me a bottom line?

*** Natural immunity (from having Covid) is 27 times stronger and much longer-lasting than vaccine-based immunity. Do I have natural immunity? Should I bet my health or life on that likelihood?

How about it, punks? Do ya feel lucky today? Will your kids' and parents' health and lives be determined by what you read in iWindsurf or whatever a few filthy rich egotists allow Twitter, Facebook, TicToc, and all the other children's networks to post? Will your family's future depend on what Big Pharma tells you about products they're being paid untold billions to produce?

Will some windsurfer dood on iW determine the fate of your family tree?

A reasonable post from ISO. Question, did you feel encouraged or cheer on Operation Warp Speed last Fall as EUA was granted for the first vaccines?
mac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reasonable post?

The evidence that I’ve seen is that the induced immunity from COVID vaccinations fades, but is generally sufficient to prevent hospitalization and death. However, not sufficient to prevent infection and spread by those vaccinated. No clear evidence that immunity through infection is as good, or better, than immunity from vaccines.

What part of “vaccines do more harm than good” did you find reasonable?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac . Mac .Mac. the bar is low for ISO, the most inflammatory poster of all time. My point is to remind him, that his savior took immense credit pushing the vaccine over the finish line, and now he is knocking it. The part I agree with is that it's certainly ok to question authority, and be skeptical.

And the full quote is "some sources" .
mac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Questioning authority is a good idea. It needs to be done with discipline and a reasonably open mind—two things Fick lacks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 274, 275, 276 ... 339, 340, 341  Next
Page 275 of 341

Jump to: