myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Coronavirus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 339, 340, 341  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Influenza is a much more deadly disease. Get your priorities straight, fearmonger.

It is kind of funny, a friend of mine was telling me about this "Isobar" guy saying stupid things on iwindsurf ... and ... indeed ... here you are! The chief ignoramus on the iwindsurf forum strikes again!!!!!!!! Bravissimo!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Join Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, and Donald Trump! They might end up being responsible for hundreds of thousands of death because of their ignorant and idiotic denials.

In a dark way you really made my day! Thank you ignoramus in chief Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
vientomas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iso seems like a lost cause. It's sad to observe the deterioration and paranoia. I hope he finds happiness at some point. He sure seems embittered right now.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get behind the curve...
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the political point scoring that's going on here. The above graph quoted by Dean makes a clear common sense point, which has nothing to do with what politicians think, or say. Clearly, it is up to each and every individual to take responsibility for their own actions, and safety, by following the clear medical advice.

To me that means limiting close social contact in crowded places, (try to keep my distance), and protecting what my hands come into contact with. (Washing, gloves.)

The chief medical officer of our country has made the facts, as at present known, to all, including the government which has responded (budget) by pumping huge extra sums of money into the health service, and fast tracking the calling up of retired health staff (doctors, nurses) so it is up to us to follow the advice and not to overwhelm the capacity of the hospitals. (That graph.)

The rest is then up to nature, in the absence of any cure which is clearly a long way off, as yet. To rail on as though it is some political mess which deliberately allowed this new and unpredictable pandemic to occur is daft. In the absence of a magic crystal ball it must always be a case of reacting to reality, rather than planning against all and every possibility.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
I don't understand the political point scoring that's going on here. The above graph quoted by Dean makes a clear common sense point, which has nothing to do with what politicians think, or say. Clearly, it is up to each and every individual to take responsibility for their own actions, and safety, by following the clear medical advice.

To me that means limiting close social contact in crowded places, (try to keep my distance), and protecting what my hands come into contact with. (Washing, gloves.)

The chief medical officer of our country has made the facts, as at present known, to all, including the government which has responded (budget) by pumping huge extra sums of money into the health service, and fast tracking the calling up of retired health staff (doctors, nurses) so it is up to us to follow the advice and not to overwhelm the capacity of the hospitals. (That graph.)

The rest is then up to nature, in the absence of any cure which is clearly a long way off, as yet. To rail on as though it is some political mess which deliberately allowed this new and unpredictable pandemic to occur is daft. In the absence of a magic crystal ball it must always be a case of reacting to reality, rather than planning against all and every possibility.

Well, no. Identifying problems and barriers is not daft. Trump, backed by his cult, set out to dismantle as much of the government as he could—including the parts of the health system that were public. He fired the people who were hired to respond to pandemics, and proposed further cuts, including refusing to work with other countries. He tried to dismantle the ACA. His administration has been a revolving door of conflicts of interest and ‘C” team people. He his not merely fired those with expertise, but made clear his contempt for scientific expertise, honesty, and competence. As a result, the ability of the richest country in history to respond to the pandemic has been pathetic and incompetent.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add a footnote -

Yesterday our Prime Minister gave a grim and sombre press conference, flanked by the chief Medical Officer, and the chief Scientific Adviser to the government. 'I must level with you', he said. 'Many families, many more families are going to lose loved ones before their time.'

It's clear that they are in no doubt about the seriousness of the situation, not to mention the consequent economic mayhem already taking place world wide.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT

I have been slow to jump on any political bandwagon with this. This Administration’s response is not a surprise to me and it is now water under the bridge. Moving forward, our lower levels of government and many businesses are doing a much better job getting the information out in less confusing terms than our Federal Government.

That said, there is value in taking the Trump Administration to task. My best friend and my brother both work for the Dept of Agriculture in different divisions. Both have work at home agreements that were suspended by Trump’s appointee. But, both could work from home if given a simple go ahead. This has not happened yet. This is another demonstration of the incompetence that permeates this Administration.

One of my clients is a big time stock broker/analyst. He is livid right now at Trump because he tells a different story and takes a different approach with every statement or policy. The market, in his opinion, sees a rudderless ship and that is driving some of the chaos.

Trump should be held accountable. In theory, this man was elected because of his management experience. I never bought that assessment. It is apparent my instincts were accurate.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
I don't understand the political point scoring that's going on here.............To rail on as though it is some political mess which deliberately allowed this new and unpredictable pandemic to occur is daft.

GT, Of course you are right.......and I'm sure it will not have escaped your attention that the two responses thus far continue with sad attempts to score political points. That's what they do here simply because they are obsessed with undermining any action taken by the current administration, and will gleefully point to any perceived missteps whether factual or fair. The rest of us will hope that measures being taken here and around the world will be successful and we will take the sensible precautions you mention. Stay safe!
mac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do remember when conservatives called for accountability. Now they are a cult.
vientomas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recititng facts does not constitute "making points". Are we to simply ignore the failures? A declaraion of a national emergency would assist the situation. Why has the declaration not been made? For political reasons? I'm open to hearing other alternatives to justify the failure.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-03-13/trump-administration-blocks-states-use-medicaid-respond-coronavirus-crisis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 339, 340, 341  Next
Page 4 of 341

Jump to: