myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Coronavirus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 253, 254, 255 ... 339, 340, 341  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wsurfer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Why hasn’t Desantis been recalled?

Because he is "A Florida Man"!

A CNN article on the meme also suggested that the breadth of reports of bizarre activities is due to a confluence of factors, including public records laws giving journalists fast and easy access to police reports, the relatively high and diverse population of the state, its highly variable weather, low literacy rates, and lack of mental health funding.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up to avoid 5G towers and anything magnetic if you've had the vaccine.

Far Right RED sites are on an misinformation onslaught in the middle of our worst resurgence!

Hey Governor Ron, what's up with the "Don't Fauci My Florida" tee sales?

What a loser!
mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sad--but karma is a bitch.

Quote:
H Scott Apley, a city council member in Dickinson, Tex., has died of covid-19. (City of Dickinson, Tex.)
By Jonathan Edwards
Today at 7:04 a.m. EDT

A leader of the Texas Republican Party hopped on Facebook in May to post about a “mask burning” party 900 miles away in Cincinnati.

“I wished I lived in the area!” wrote H Scott Apley.

The month before, Apley responded to what Baltimore’s former health commissioner was heralding as “great news” — clinical trials showed the Pfizer vaccine was effective at fighting the coronavirus, including one of the recent variants, for at least six months.

“You are an absolute enemy of a free people,” he wrote in a Twitter reply.

And on Friday, the 45-year-old Dickinson City Council member republished a Facebook post implying that vaccines don’t work.

Two days later, Apley was admitted to a Galveston hospital with “pneumonia-like symptoms” and tested positive for coronavirus, according to an online fundraising campaign. He was sedated and put on a ventilator.

On Wednesday, he died, members of his county’s party announced on social media.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Very sad--but karma is a bitch.

Quote:
H Scott Apley, a city council member in Dickinson, Tex., has died of covid-19. (City of Dickinson, Tex.)
By Jonathan Edwards
Today at 7:04 a.m. EDT

A leader of the Texas Republican Party hopped on Facebook in May to post about a “mask burning” party 900 miles away in Cincinnati.

“I wished I lived in the area!” wrote H Scott Apley.

The month before, Apley responded to what Baltimore’s former health commissioner was heralding as “great news” — clinical trials showed the Pfizer vaccine was effective at fighting the coronavirus, including one of the recent variants, for at least six months.

“You are an absolute enemy of a free people,” he wrote in a Twitter reply.

And on Friday, the 45-year-old Dickinson City Council member republished a Facebook post implying that vaccines don’t work.

Two days later, Apley was admitted to a Galveston hospital with “pneumonia-like symptoms” and tested positive for coronavirus, according to an online fundraising campaign. He was sedated and put on a ventilator.

On Wednesday, he died, members of his county’s party announced on social media.

I bet he votes in the next election. seems he is finally free , i wonder if at the funeral they will have a mask burning ceremony or a mask donating one with vaccinations?

mac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alabama throws away vaccine and celebrates. Meanwhile, in the medical world that relies on science:

Quote:
y Heather Haq
Heather Haq is an assistant professor of pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine and a pediatric hospitalist at Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston. She is also the chief medical officer for the Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative at Texas Children’s Hospital.
August 4, 2021 at 6:00 a.m. EDT

Throughout the pandemic, I have cared for kids admitted with covid-19 to the children’s hospital in Houston where I am a pediatrician. These children have included newborns with fevers who require a sepsis evaluation, school-age kids whose bodies are ravaged with inflammation associated with covid-19 in children, and tweens and adolescents with covid pneumonia who need oxygen and other respiratory support. I’ve cared for children whose entire families have been devastated by covid — sometimes the child was sick enough to be admitted but had no parent at their bedside because the parents were critically ill at the adult hospital down the street or, worse, had recently died of covid.

All the while, as both a doctor and mother, I’ve wrestled with a certain dissonance: There is this popular notion that covid doesn’t affect children — and my public health and epidemiologic training reminds me that on a population level, it’s true. The majority of children who contract covid-19 will be asymptomatic or have mild disease. But I contrast this with the reality of being a clinician at the bedside of children critically ill from covid and covid-related illnesses. These two perspectives battle in my brain as I make risk assessments for my own school-age child. One thing that terrifies me as a parent is that we can’t predict why some children get so incredibly sick from covid while others have mild disease; we don’t know why some go on to have lingering debilitation and symptoms for months, and others make quick recoveries.

What I do know is that in this moment, as the highly contagious delta variant becomes the predominant strain circulating and we enter another covid surge, I am more worried for children than I have ever been.

Kids deserve the vaccine, too. It will keep them — and adults — safe.

First and foremost, this is because the high transmissibility of the delta variant will translate into a greater number of children being exposed than before, which will lead to a greater number of children infected. Even if the delta variant is no more virulent in children than the original virus was, the sheer numbers will translate into more children being admitted to the hospital with covid and covid-related illnesses. As school reopenings coincide with the growth of the delta variant, I worry we will see large outbreaks in school settings that we didn’t see with less-contagious versions of the virus.

I wonder, if more people saw what I see at patients’ bedsides, would they do more to protect children? I talked with one mother who wondered whether she could have done something to prevent her child from ending up sick in the hospital with covid. I recall providing emotional support — in addition to oxygen, steroids and remdesivir — to a teenager admitted with covid pneumonia who was grappling with the recent deaths of multiple family members with covid. His life had turned upside down in a few short weeks.

Over the course of the pandemic, our hospital system has diagnosed more than 15,000 children and adolescents with covid — a number that is trending up. About 10 percent of them have required hospital admission. Up to one-third of children admitted to our hospital have required critical care — including oxygen delivered through high-flow nasal cannula, noninvasive ventilation, and intubation with mechanical ventilation. When I discharge children from the hospital, I know that many of them have a long road to recovery, and many will require follow-up for cardiac clearance and long-term care in our hospital’s long-covid clinic. More than 300 children across the United States have died of covid since the beginning of the pandemic, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Most children with covid will make a complete recovery, but up to 10 percent, including those with mild illness not requiring hospital admission, go on to develop months-long symptoms of long covid.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you hate science—and your first instinct is to compare Covid to the flu.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently mutating in Sturgis to lambda-lambda!
mac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wsurfer wrote:

Actually, infections in South Dakota are pretty low—at the moment. They are near the top on emissions per population, let’s see how this plays out.

Governor’s in multiple red states are hinging their chances to run for president on betting freedom over health. Governor’s in Texas and Florida are betting the lives of thousands of their citizens.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s getting worse.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
wsurfer wrote:

Actually, infections in South Dakota are pretty low—at the moment. They are near the top on emissions per population, let’s see how this plays out.

Governor’s in multiple red states are hinging their chances to run for president on betting freedom over health. Governor’s in Texas and Florida are betting the lives of thousands of their citizens.

Guess we'll find out soon!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sturgis-rally-bikers-in-south-dakota-are-unvaccinated-unmasked-and-coming-for-america
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 253, 254, 255 ... 339, 340, 341  Next
Page 254 of 341

Jump to: