myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Ski Resorts are Corona closed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpf18

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

airwave wrote:
For those wondering about launch access.

Somebody convince me otherwise: There's a good chance much of our not-even-started-in-earnest-yet season is going to come to an abrupt hault. Why? Malls are closed. Golf courses are closed. No daytime drinking! Bars are closed. Movies are closed, everything's closed. Come the first nice spring day, ppl are going to throw caution to the wind and crash&trash places. The usual suspects, Dolores Park, Marina Green come to mind. Crissy Field, Coyote Pt. and other launches are not going to get spared. That fencing that's on standby to channel crowds at events like Hardly Strictly, marathons, 4/20, that's going to come out, hard.
bert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've all gotta tough out for awhile, self isolate, stay healthy and informed until this pandemic passes. I plan to shelter in place in my mancave until it's safe to resume my normal life and activities. A lot of us who are old geezers need to be especially vigilant.

Wilson chilling out.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  933.19 KB
 Viewed:  23564 Time(s)

Wilson chilling out.jpg

Last edited by bert on Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
ctuna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:27 pm    Post subject: Surfing has not stopped in Santa Cruz Reply with quote

Surfing has not stopped in Santa Cruz I don't see them
staying 6 ft apart in the lineup.
and people are walking very close together along
West Cliff Drive just like the pictures in SF along the
Beach in the News shots. But the streets generally have
very little traffic. There are now lines and space metering
at some of the Grocery stores. Same thing at the pot shops.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of three reasons I have several DVRs PACKED with entire seasons of my favorite TV shows. (The other reasons are that I don't have time to watch TV and my last surgery was a piece of cake.)

I can't comprehend the number of people whose lives are shaken up by "having" to spend more time with their families. The mother who chose a professional career over raising her kids and only now and only by force discovered that she actually LIKES mothering her latchkey and/or daycare kids is disgusting (let's hope she learned something and acts on it). Ditto fathers (as opposed to actual "Dads") who know nothing but work.
jpf18

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medical professionals at the Papa Giovanni XXIII Hospital in Bergamo share impacts, lessons learned in the New England Journal of Medicine.

"At the Epicenter of the Covid-19 Pandemic and Humanitarian Crises in Italy: Changing Perspectives on Preparation and Mitigation"
https://catalyst.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/CAT.20.0080
NEJM Catalyst. NEJM Catalyst is produced by NEJM Group, a division of the Massachusetts Medical Society. 21 March 2020
rigitrite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
The mother who chose a professional career over raising her kids and only now and only by force discovered that she actually LIKES mothering her latchkey and/or daycare kids is disgusting (let's hope she learned something and acts on it).

Misogynist much?

BTW, people like YOU engineered a world in which both parents have to work just to make ends meet. It's not 1962 anymore. Buy a clue.

SwellRipper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject: Wilson chilling Reply with quote

Hey Bert,

Awesome Wilson pic!

Make sure you swab him down with that whiskey though before you party with him, just to be sure, ha ha.

Also, for those that are venturing out for wind, we might have to utilize more clandestine launches while we're under marshal law.

isobars

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read my post again. That kind of false BS is the reason you're plonked.

rigitrite wrote:
isobars wrote:
The mother who chose a professional career over raising her kids and only now and only by force discovered that she actually LIKES mothering her latchkey and/or daycare kids is disgusting (let's hope she learned something and acts on it).

Misogynist much?

BTW, people like YOU engineered a world in which both parents have to work just to make ends meet. It's not 1962 anymore. Buy a clue.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Read my post again. That kind of false BS is the reason you're plonked.

rigitrite wrote:
isobars wrote:

Misogynist much?

The master of shit in the punchbowl and run.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bert, I like your perspective on things. Seems like a good balance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: