myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Larger front wing for my 2019 Starboard GT carbon foil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nodak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:06 pm    Post subject: Larger front wing for my 2019 Starboard GT carbon foil Reply with quote

Like the subject says, I'm looking for either an aftermarket or OEM larger front wing replacement on my '19 GT foil. I'm talking a 2000+ size one. I'm attaching a screen grab off SB site for reference. Thanks.

2019 GT SB Foil.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  116.78 KB
 Viewed:  21681 Time(s)

2019 GT SB Foil.png

wsatl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called a new SuperCruiser wing and fuse. Very Happy

Not aware of anything that's going to be close. Zulu make a big 1200cm high aspect wing that fits the SB race style fuse like pictured.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=546429292589653

Largest OEM is, of course, the 1100 freeride.

Almost no foil makers mix and match their race fuse/wings with the surf style. The thick camber of a surf wing, the shorter, more turny surf fuse and the CoL of surf vs race all contribute. Sam Ross's new 2.0 foil vids show the difference between the Starboard race and SuperCruisers pretty well.

There may be someone in Europe who is doing total custom Starboard compatible surf wings that fit their race fuses but I haven't seen one.
grantmac017

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Zulu wing is completely flat and from the conversation I had with them it's not really a finished product.

Your best bet is an Ocean 2400 wing, Supercruiser fuselage and stab. No idea what that would cost.
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two Star Board foil guys here both up graded to the super cruiser from the 800 front wing on the GT. Both are very happy with the low speed lift and the stability with the bigger wing. One of them has started trying the wing thing and wants to sell his Gt set up with both wings to get a huge foil for winging.
nodak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOVAAN wrote:
Two Star Board foil guys here both up graded to the super cruiser from the 800 front wing on the GT. Both are very happy with the low speed lift and the stability with the bigger wing. One of them has started trying the wing thing and wants to sell his Gt set up with both wings to get a huge foil for winging.

So my question is how many parts from my '19 GT foil are compatible with the '20 SuperCruiser? From comparing the two it seems like only the mast is compatible. Am I right?

At any rate let me get in touch with your foiling friend. Maybe I'll buy his SuperCruiser parts? I'll PM you my email and phone.
grantmac017

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the mast is compatible.
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has the gt carbon 2019 and the big wing fit right on. I will let him know
grantmac017

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "big" wing that fits on the GT is 1100cm2, the smallest Supercruiser wing is 1300cm2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: