myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Biden 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Biden’s infrastructure plan, which aims to revitalize U.S. transportation infrastructure, water systems, broadband and manufacturing, as well as combat climate change, was also popular among respondents. 59% said the plan is a good idea, while 21% disagreed and 19% did not have an opinion.

Responses diverged across party lines: 87% of Democrats, 68% of independents and 21% of Republicans said they supported the infrastructure plan.

Having supported a POTUS whose approval rating never reached 50%, one would think some folks would get tired of pissing directly into the wind. [/quote]
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Simply honest question , and for you , it’s a “game”.. You can now return to your regularly scheduled programming .. I must say it’s off the top hilarious seeing faux deficit chicken hawks , who are suddenly struck by a bout of fiscal frugality ... freakin hilarious ..

Boggsy, You read the financial press every day. You know exactly what I am talking about, but you obfuscate and deflect by asking for a list so that you and your cohorts can attack it piece by piece. That's a game I'm not going to get sucked in to. If you won't answer the question, that's fine. Your unwillingness to do so speaks volumes.
mac

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, you don't even have to read very far. From Forbes:

Quote:
KEY FACTS

The $2 trillion Biden will ask Congress to approve for his American Jobs Plan will be spent over a period of eight years and paid for with tax hikes over a period of 15 years.

Included in that $2 trillion is $621 billion for transportation infrastructure like roads and bridges, with $174 billion of that set aside for the electric vehicle market, $111 billion for clean drinking water, $100 billion for expanding broadband and $100 billion for power infrastructure like the electric grid.

There’s also $213 billion for affordable and sustainable housing, $400 billion for the “care economy” and $100 billion for workforce development.

Let's see, that's $1.02 trillion for what is conventionally considered infrastructure. One could differ on whether the care economy and workforce development is infrastructure. One could argue that managing housing and the homelessness crisis should be in another piece of legislation. If the GOP were willing to come to the table, I imagine they could find an arena of consensus that could overcome the filibuster quite easily--but we know that the GOP will never do that.

The objections of those like buggy whip, freely admitted by Ted Cruz, is in doing the work of the oil industry. Can't have any investment in alternatives to oil and gas.

He is so obvious.
real-human

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notice how important the stimulous is that the right wingers tried to derail.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/warren-buffett-us-economy-has-been-resurrected/ar-BB1ggaGh?ocid=msedgntp

Warren Buffett: US economy has been 'resurrected'

Quote:
Liz Cheney Will Be Ousted From GOP Leadership by Month's End, Predicts Rep…
GOP lawmaker charged with ‘knowingly’ letting rioters breach the Oregon Capitol

Renowned investor Warren Buffett praised the economy at Berkshire Hathaway's annual meeting, saying it has been "resurrected" after taking a heavy blow from the coronavirus pandemic.

Warren Buffett wearing a suit and tie: Warren Buffett: US economy has been 'resurrected'© Getty Images Warren Buffett: US economy has been 'resurrected'
The economy is "resurrected in an extraordinarily effective way" from the COVID-19 stimulus provided by Congress, Buffett said, Reuters reported.

The first-quarter profits for the company went up by 20 percent, making around $7 billion.

Buffett said 85 percent of the economy is in "super high gear" and the stimulus "did the job."

Congress passed the almost $2 trillion stimulus plan in March that gave support to many areas of the economy and direct stimulus payments to the American people.

In March, personal income went up more than 21 percent and consumer spending went up 4.2 percent.

At the end of March, Berkshire had more than $145 billion in cash.

Buffett made his comments about the economy at an annual meeting that was held in Los Angeles on Saturday, according to Reuters.

The net income, including investments, at the end of the first quarter for the company was $11.7 billion.

The surge in the economy and Berkshire Hathaway was due to not only the stimulus check but also more people getting vaccinated and states loosening their coronavirus restrictions.

The U.S. has more than 100 million people fully vaccinated, and many states have lifted restaurant capacity limits and other COVID-19 restrictions.

J64TWB

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrgybe, you exposed your disdain for fiscal responsibility with 2 trillion in tax cuts while spending 4 trillion in emergency relief.

Your either a hypocrite, a partisan complainer, or just plain dumb with numbers.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J64TWB wrote:
Mrgybe, you exposed your disdain for fiscal responsibility with 2 trillion in tax cuts while spending 4 trillion in emergency relief.

Your either a hypocrite, a partisan complainer, or just plain dumb with numbers.

You are wrong J64, it does not need to be an or condition, he can be all the above, and still be deplorable.

mac

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

President Joe Biden has spent the past week touting his $1.8 trillion economic spending plan that would reshape how the country thinks about a wide swath of domestic policies, from child care to free community college.

While Biden’s plan faces a long road in Washington, it doesn’t appear to be a hard sell for the electorate. According to a new Morning Consult/Politico poll, 58 percent of voters say they support the package.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
isobars wrote:
mrgybe wrote:
It is likely that I will not vote for [Trump] in November.

If we are to abort the likely permanent national, thus global, disaster openly described in the Biden-Sanders Manifesto, what other choice do we have?

Please do not infer that I voted for Clinton in 2016. I would never vote for any member of that corrupt family. Neither would I vote for Biden who has always been a dim bulb, is now clearly mentally impaired and will be manipulated. I haven't yet made up my mind. I agree with many of the things that Trump has done, and I am fully aware of the non stop cynical attempts to undermine him by a media that has lost all credibility. I am also well aware of the Biden platform, which is laughable both in its pious impracticality and in its unaffordability. For him to hand over any reins to a loudmouthed ignoramus like AOC tells you all you need to know about his judgement.

However, I am tired of Trump constantly grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory with his inability to just shut up. He constantly gives ammunition to the anger filled lightweights of the type that infest this forum. While I would enjoy once again watching the wailing and hand wringing that would accompany a Trump victory, I'm truly concerned that four more years of divisive bile spewing, from the millions who despise him would do lasting damage to this country. We see here how formerly relatively sensible people now belittle millions of their fellow citizens, pigeonholing them into "red and blue towns", referring to them as cretins, or contemptuously sneering that "it shows how ignorant they are down there"..........down there being about half the country.

So, while there is no doubt in my mind, that Biden would be an awful President, rather than four more Trump years of whining and divisive vitriol, it may be better to endure some short term pain to give voters real exposure to the ludicrous Democrat programs and people. Most voters are sensible and, just as happened in Obama's first term, are likely to throw them out in record numbers.

Yesterday's election results reminded me of this August 2020 post.....but perhaps I will be wrong, and the moderate, effective, coalition builder you promised will leap out from behind the curtain.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's "you"? ISO?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, you were the only one of the libs here who was honest that your sole requirement of Joe was that he keep breathing. He has met your requirement, but unfortunately, that breathing is often slow and rhythmic, as the whole world saw in the opening speeches of the climate conference. Apparently, the "number one issue facing humanity" couldn't keep him awake for longer than 10 minutes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 79 of 106

Jump to: