myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Biden 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're getting real bitter in your old age, I hope you can turn it around. If you were really concerned about Corn prices, I'd suggest you come out to California to rally against industry in the central valley that produces corn and soy , simply to export it to Asia. Both require a lot of water, and neither is a natural California crop.
Mr. gybe, the US is doing exceptionally well. Our technology companies are the world's best, and are big offset on inflation as they fuel massive productivity gains. Take a deep breath, everything will be ok.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening to mrgybe get all worked up and concerned about the overwhelming majority of people in this country being hurt by inflation and getting crushed by higher sustained crude oil prices is hardly an honest response. I wonder why he hasn't been mad as hell that the Republican party has consistently come out against establishing a minimum $15 per hour wage in this country. Go figure who really cares about average Americans, especially those fighting for a more livable wage.

With regard to corn being used for ethanol production, I'm quite sure that it's corporate corn growers who are the core advocates behind it all. Without a doubt, the political influence of entrenched corporate agriculture in this country is dictating what's been happening. It's sad because I think that most thoughtful folks know that a crop like hemp would be a more sensible and far less costly source for ethanol production, but that is unlikely to happen coming from the right.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Listening to mrgybe get all worked up and concerned about the overwhelming majority of people in this country being hurt by inflation and getting crushed by higher sustained crude oil prices is hardly an honest response. I wonder why he hasn't been mad as hell that the Republican party has consistently come out against establishing a minimum $15 per hour wage in this country. Go figure who really cares about average Americans, especially those fighting for a more livable wage.

With regard to corn being used for ethanol production, I'm quite sure that it's corporate corn growers who are the core advocates behind it all. Without a doubt, the political influence of entrenched corporate agriculture in this country is dictating what's been happening. It's sad because I think that most thoughtful folks know that a crop like hemp would be a more sensible and far less costly source for ethanol production, but that is unlikely to happen coming from the right.

One gallon of ethanol has an energy value of only 77,000 Btu. "Put another way," Pimentel said, "about 70 percent more energy is required to produce ethanol than the energy that actually is in ethanol. Every time you make 1 gallon of ethanol, there is a net energy loss of 54,000 Btu."
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations America...we have an infrastructure deal. And to the Republicans in the house that voted for it, hopefully you won't get shot by a 1/6'er....
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the Infrastructure Bill, I have to wonder whether those Republicans that voted against it in both houses of Congress are now going to actively agitate and vie for funds to be spent in their states and districts.

Wouldn't be great if they were ignored, denied and left out? After all, with their "no" vote, they are representing the will of the majority of their constituents in their district or state, right?

I'm thinking that the bloody hypocrites would scream like hell. Needless to say, it's not going to happen, but I earnestly wish that it could. It would be suitable karma for their negativity and obstruction.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.cnn.com/business/economic-growth-indicators
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-nominate Jay, big win.
Infrastructure bill, big win.
Markets responding...
Way to go Joe!

Let me add lowest jobless claims number today since 1969...
wsurfer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illegal votes!

Massive fraud!

OMG!

Lying Loser 45
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still an exporter of oil...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-trade-deficit-shrinks-exports-153054133.html

U.S. trade deficit shrinks as exports surge to record high

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. trade deficit narrowed sharply in October as exports soared to a record high, potentially setting up trade to contribute to economic growth this quarter for the first time in more than a year.

The Commerce Department said on Tuesday that the trade gap plunged 17.6% to $67.1 billion. That was the biggest percentage decline since April 2015. Economists polled by Reuters had forecast a $66.8 billion deficit.

"The trade deficit is narrowing big time and pouring even more fuel into the economy's tank which guarantees stronger growth as 2021 comes to an end," said Christopher Rupkey, chief economist at FWDBONDS in New York.

Exports accelerated 8.1% to an all-time high of $223.6 billion. The surge was led by goods exports, which soared 11.1% to $158.7 billion, also a record high. Exports of industrial supplies and materials increased $6.4 billion, with shipments of crude oil advancing $1.2 billion.

Capital goods exports increased $3.1 billion, boosted by other industrial machines as well as civilian aircraft. Food exports rose by $2.1 billion, with soybeans increasing $1.8 billion.

Exports of consumer goods jumped $1.6 billion, lifted by increases in shipments of gem diamonds as well as motor vehicles, parts and engines. The nation exported more services, which rose $1.0 billion to $64.9 billion. That reflected a rise in overseas travel, other business services and charges for the use of intellectual property.

The surge in exports eclipsed a 0.9% increase in imports to $290.7 billion, also a record high. Goods imports climbed 0.7% to an all-time high of $242.7 billion. The rise was led by motor vehicles, parts and engines, which increased $1.5 billion. There were also gains in imports of consumer goods, including cell phones and other household goods.

Imports of industrial supplies and materials fell as did imports of capital goods, pulled down by declines in semiconductors and civilian aircraft.

GROWTH BOOST

Adjusted for inflation, the goods deficit decreased $13.5 billion to $97.6 billion in October.

mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

August 2021........

mrgybe wrote:
So, while there is no doubt in my mind, that Biden would be an awful President, rather than four more Trump years of whining and divisive vitriol, it may be better to endure some short term pain to give voters real exposure to the ludicrous Democrat programs and people. Most voters are sensible and, just as happened in Obama's first term, are likely to throw them out in record numbers..

On the anniversary of his inauguration, 72% of Americans don't want him to run again, including a majority of Democrats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 87 of 106

Jump to: