myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Armstrong foils

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wdsurf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject: Armstrong foils Reply with quote

anyone out there using them to windfoil or what sizes cf or hs
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several wing foil guys here using the 1550. They all have good things to say about these foils. These guys also kite foil in the ocean and like the all carbon durability in the salt water...
bennyrowe46

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These individuals enjoy kiteboarding and foiling in the ocean, and they appreciate the all-carbon construction's resilience in the salt water...

word hurdle
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armstrong has no products for windfoiling. They briefly made a larger fuse that put the front wing more forward, but stopped making it. The regular fuses probably would not work at all for windfoiling in foil (tuttle) boxes because the front wing is too far back. Tracks might work in this respect, but the short fuses create stability issues. The Armstroing mast and fuse are a lot very light. I'd be surprised if the stiffness is good for windfoiling.

You might want to check out Axis instead, they offer a windfoil fuselage (and cheaper alu masts, in addition to reasonably priced carbon masts). I've seen at least one good report of Axis gear for windfoiling, but never used one myself.
dllee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low aspect foils would work with short fuzes, but hi aspects would be unstable.
Overall length from tip of front to very back offuze is the measurement needed. Better riders can go shorter, while novices like me need around 80 cm minimum for pitch stability.
Naish 64 fuze with low aspect foils give you 80 cm total length.
mcterry65

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all. I’ve been windfoiling Armstrong all season, probably 60 sessions. I’m coming from the slingshot hoverglide family. After breaking several parts on the hoverglide, I liked the construction of Armstrong. Also, lots of used gear.
I scored a V1 80cm fuselage from a shop in New Zealand but also have used the A+ V2 70cm fuse on my Fanatic Stingray 130 with the extra long mounting track. You would have to be using a board with the extra long track to use the 70cm. It really needs to be forward 10cm from recommended placement. Yes, it’s probably not as stable as using the 80cm, but I don’t find it unusual.
I mostly use the hs1250, 80cm fuse, 0 degree shim, 300 stab, 100cm mast. I switch to the hs1050 in higher winds and the hs1850 in lighter winds. I’m still experimenting with the 70 fuse, but it will work for windfoiling Armstrong with the right boards.
Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: