myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Wanted: old Mistral Superlight (or other similar) MAST BASE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject: Wanted: old Mistral Superlight (or other similar) MAST BASE Reply with quote

Wanted: old Mistral Superlight mast base. Other Mistral models may also work.

Seeking just the mast base (the part which includes the post that inserts into the board and the rubber universal joint). It is about 1" diameter and fits the Mistral Superlight and many other old Mistral boards. Mast extension not necessary. Bad rubber OK; I can replace that.

Please send me a private message if you have this and don't need it. I will buy. Thanks.

20200822_182558.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.55 MB
 Viewed:  28473 Time(s)

20200822_182558.jpg

20200822_180121.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.03 MB
 Viewed:  28474 Time(s)

20200822_180121.jpg

mames

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finding an original is a tall order but the guys at Windpower Windsurfing in WI. can probably help. They manufacture aftermarket replacement parts for old production boards...

https://www.windpowerwindsurfing.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_90&products_id=8895

Good luck!
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they have the piece that is locked in by the forks. Would be nice if they had the insert spindle too. I want to create a hybrid joint which includes a standard Chinook cup that mates to a regular mast extension.
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably gotta make your own.
Same diameter wood dowel or tree branch.
Skip the joint, drill a hole thru for a 1/2" rope attached to another dowel that fits inside the mast.
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea, using rope as a tendon. I may have to do this. I bet I can find washers or spacers that are appropriate diameter in order to lock the joint into the board. Will post the final result after a test.

P.S. I sent a message to Mistral corporate in the Netherlands about all this. Will be interesting to see their reply, if ever.
mark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would contact Windpower Windsurfing. It looks like their part is designed to attach to a rubber hourglass by inserting a bolt and a washer inside the tube. You then would then thread an hourglass or a tendon mount to the stud that will protrude from the top above the retention grooves. It is hard tell from the photo but they should be able to clarify the intent of their design.

They also state on their website that they can provide a whole assembly that either has US cup or Euro pin connection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: