myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Drysuits 2020! O'Neill or Promotion?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flaherty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a promotion dry suit. It's probably at least 5 years old. Neoprene on the bottom, and light weight material on the top , with a waterproof zipper. Sort of like the old bare dry suits. It's been a great suit, maybe leaks a few drops , very warm, and I'm the one usually wearing the most neoprene. I don't know if they make them anymore, but mine has lasted well, and I'd buy another one.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

us85 wrote:
After 5 years and probably ~15 sessions per year in the Soul, I have not had any problems with the gaskets. I do treat them often with 303 protectant, though. It only takes a few minutes each time and makes the gaskets slide on easier.

Kokatat advised me to use 303 no more than annually. They said to go by appearance; if it looks like it's drying out, then use it. And, of course, we're supposed to open all seals/cuffs by hand rather than just shoving our hands/head/feet through them.
grantmac017

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Food grade silicone spray works wonders for getting seals on without tearing them. Its sold in five shops for that reason.
You can also do the plastic bag trick, I wouldn't recommend it for your head though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: