myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Used market is shrinking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DelCarpenter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all of the reasons mentioned so far are valid. The one that makes the most difference for me going forward is: fragmented marketplace.

I found my first board in the classified ad section of a local newspaper in 1986. Eventually computers made iWindsurf.com possible; then came either eBay or Craigslist; most recently Facebook's Marketplace. All of those marketplaces are still available. My guess is most sellers use only one or two.

Within a month I'm going to be using my own Facebook page, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, probably eBay & iWindsurf.com classifieds for a series of ads about windsurfers, rigs, snow sailers, 4 wheeled land sailers, 2 sit-down land sailing trikes, a utility trailer & a windsurfing trailer. I do have a couple local prospects I'm going to be teaching who might become buyers. (I'm just downsizing; I'm still sticking with each of those varieties of ways to use a windsurfing rig.)

Last week I sold a Carveboard I used as a 4 wheel land sailer by mentioning in Facebook's Land Sailing group that I was going to have things for sale. I live in Cedar Falls IA; the buyer lives in Ottawa, Ontario; we communicated through Facebook Messenger (on my computer or on my iPhone); I gave Fedex the details online, printed the Fedex shipping label on our printer; paid the shipping fee via credit card;delivered the package less than a mile to a Fedex site in a Target store; the package was shipped through Fedex International Ground; the package was 47" long; his payment for board & shipping came through PayPal. I completed my end on 4-23-21, the package should be delivered on 4-29-21. (I didn't understand any of that when I was lucky enough to buy some Fedex stock in July of 2001...which we still have.)
mamero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facebook. Windsurfing Buy Sell & Trade - North America:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/697068953829989
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fugging idiot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: