myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
January 6th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well well this lawyer is disbarred... big time Jan 6th defender, former judicial watch wacko gee he had been suspended in 2009... such a idiot

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/court-orders-jan-6-defense-lawyer-disbarred/ar-AAVTX8S?ocid=winp2oct&cvid=5eb63698f9ef483584e4ce18724ca4c5

Court orders Jan. 6 defense lawyer disbarred

Quote:
AVirginia state court has disbarred Jonathon Moseley, an attorney who has represented a slew of high-profile Jan. 6 defendants, including a member of the Oath Keepers charged with seditious conspiracy, as well as several targets of the House select committee investigating the attack on the Capitol.

Most prominent among Moseley’s criminal clients is Kelly Meggs, an Oath Keeper from Florida who took on a leadership role for the group that breached the Capitol. Moseley also previously represented Zachary Rehl, one of the Proud Boys leaders charged with conspiring to obstruct Congress on Jan 6, 2021, though he withdrew from that case in December.

On Friday, after a two-day hearing in Prince William County Circuit Court, a three-judge panel ordered Moseley’s law license revoked, court records show.

Details of the bar discipline case against Moseley were not immediately available, but a summary posted on the Virginia State Bar website on Tuesday said the court found that he violated “professional rules that govern safekeeping property; meritorious claims and contentions; candor toward the tribunal; fairness to opposing party and counsel; unauthorized practice of law, multijurisdictional practice of law; bar admission and disciplinary matters … and misconduct.” The decision was effective on April 1.

Moseley plans to fight the disbarment and immediately filed an appeal. Reached by phone on Tuesday night and asked about the bar action, he was tight-lipped.

“Since it’s on appeal and otherwise confidential, I’ll have to wait on that. Thanks,” Moseley said, before hanging up.

Moseley’s troubles with the Virginia State Bar could imperil his ability to continue as an attorney for Meggs and in an array of other Jan. 6 litigation. Moseley is not a member of the District of Columbia Bar, but does belong to the bar of the federal court in D.C. handling those cases. Membership in that bar is contingent on bar membership in another state or locality.

The most immediate impact of Moseley’s disbarment may be in the upcoming trial of 11 Oath Keepers facing charges of seditious conspiracy for their role in the Capitol breach, including Meggs. U.S. District Court Judge Amit Mehta has worked to keep the trial on track for July, while scheduling two other Oath Keepers trials for later in the year. But Moseley’s exit could complicate Meggs’ ability to prepare a defense.

Moseley has also represented several major witnesses facing subpoenas from the Jan. 6 select committee, including Meggs, Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes — who was on the phone with Moseley when the FBI arrested him — and Stop the Steal founder Ali Alexander. Meggs and Alexander have both sued to block the select committee from obtaining their phone records.

Moseley is also listed as attorney for the Oath Keepers organization in a civil suit in which Democratic House members are seeking damages from former President Donald Trump, the Oath Keepers and various people charged in the storming of the Capitol.

Moseley’s involvement in these cases was marked by his unusual and rambling legal filings, which drew the ire of judges like Mehta, who is presiding over the sprawling Oath Keepers conspiracy cases.

For example, Mehta chastised Moseley in December for joining with another attorney to seek the release of two Jan. 6 defendants who claimed they might be given Covid vaccine injections against their will. Mehta emphasized that there was “no evidence to support their fantastic fears.”

Moseley has argued repeatedly that the people who wanted Trump to remain president wouldn’t have stormed the Capitol to obstruct Congress because they needed lawmakers to remain in session to overturn the election. He also revealed the existence of a search warrant targeting a close friend of Rehl’s who was also affiliated with the Proud Boys.

When Moseley withdrew from Rehl’s case, he also issued head-scratching public filings describing his billing practices.

Moseley’s professional website, which had touted his expertise handling a variety of criminal cases, child custody disputes and debt collection, appears to have gone offline in recent weeks.

“Jonathon Moseley delivers the results you need at a price you can afford,” the site previously said. Moseley graduated from George Mason University Law School and passed the bar in Virginia in 1997, according to the site.

Moseley spent several years as a manager at the U.S. Department of Education, beginning in the Reagan Administration, and later worked for the conservative legal organization Judicial Watch, his website said.

Virginia bar records show he was suspended from legal practice for six months in 2009.

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was even before the votes were counted. and 2 months before jan 6th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-XEhih6lOI

This Is Extraordinarily Damning': Texts From Don Jr. Set Out Strategies To Fight Election Outcome

Quote:
Newly revealed text messages show Donald Trump Jr. reached out to Trump’s Chief of Staff Mark Meadows with a plot to steal the 2020 presidential election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SajUcJXwGY

New Evidence Jan. 6 Included ‘Coordinated Assault’ By Far-Right Groups
369,826 viewsApr 8, 2022

Quote:
The Guardian reports that the January 6th committee has obtained new, private evidence leading them to believe the Capitol attack included a “coordinated assault perpetrated by the Oath Keepers and the Proud Boys."

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRAhZStmipY

January 6 Rioter Who Argued Trump Was At Fault Found Guilty On All Counts

Quote:
A Trump supporter who told jurors he was "following presidential orders" when he stormed the U.S. Capitol last year was found guilty Thursday after he admitted he stole a coat rack and a bottle of liquor from the building. Reporter Ryan J. Reilly and Dave Aronberg discuss.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/judge-calls-donald-trump-a-charlatan-and-says-democracy-is-in-trouble-after-trial-of-january-6-defendant/ar-AAWez5d?ocid=EMMX&cvid=c75ec0ac58744bdf8e33c08ac806a2fa

Judge calls Donald Trump a 'charlatan' and says 'democracy is in trouble' after trial of January 6 defendant

Quote:
US District Court Judge Reggie Walton said Donald Trump is a threat to democracy.
Walton made the comments Thursday following the conviction of a January 6 defendant.
Walton was appointed by former President George W. Bush.
A federal judge on Thursday called Donald Trump a threat to democracy, accusing the former president of instigating a mob of "weak-minded" followers to attack the US Capitol on January 6, Politico reported.

"I think our democracy is in trouble," US District Judge Reggie Walton said, "because, unfortunately, we have charlatans like our former president who doesn't, in my view, really care about democracy but only about power."

Walton, who was appointed to the DC Circuit by former President George W. Bush, lashed out at Trump after the jury trial of a January 6 insurrectionist.

Could Donald Trump Face Criminal Charges? Everything We Know So Far
Dustin Thompson, 38, was convicted of obstructing Congress as it tried to certify President Joe Biden's victory — a felony punishable by up to 20 years in prison. According to prosecutors, he walked to the US Capitol after Trump implored his supporters to "fight like hell," br

Last edited by real-human on Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:38 am; edited 2 times in total
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this by itelf is not the hard evidence that a coup was in the works, he even said in the 11th hr to not go through anymore with the plot to overthrow the government with the words "shenanigans on jan 6th" hench it was a clearly designed plan to attack the congress. then another didn't like the whitehouse plan they came up with...

lock all these conspirators up and put them in a jail in cuba for trying to overthrow the government.

HuffPost

Text Messages Reveal Deeper GOP Involvement In 2020 Election Plot

Quote:
It wasn’t just Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley and a handful of the wackier Republicans.

It turns out that even mild-mannered Mike Lee, a Senate Republican from Utah, pushed Donald Trump to do almost everything possible to throw American democracy in the garbage after Trump lost the 2020 election.

In new text messages to White House chief of staff Mark Meadows obtained by the House committee investigating the Capitol riot (and by CNN), Lee encouraged the White House “to exhaust every legal and constitutional remedy at your disposal to restore Americans faith in our elections.”

Lee told Meadows to bring in attorney Sidney Powell; after she made crazy statements at a press conference, he suggested law professor John Eastman, who wrote memos outlining how Vice President Mike Pence could stop Congress from certifying the election.

And Lee begged for talking points: “Please tell me what I should be saying,” he wrote on Nov. 22.

Then Lee settled on the “independent state legislature” doctrine, a legal theory that would allow Republican state lawmakers to throw out Democratic victories in their states.

“If a very small handful of states were to have their legislatures appoint alternative slates of delegates, there could be a path,” Lee wrote on Dec. 8.

As Jan. 6, 2021, approached and there did not appear to be any coherent plan to stop Congress from certifying the election, the texts show Lee begging the White House to call off the shenanigans, saying the day’s plan for a rally and unfounded objections could “backfire badly.” Which, of course, it did.

There are two takeaways from Lee’s texts. One is that even a self-styled “constitutional conservative” can contort himself into supporting authoritarianism. The other is that Republicans could really have stolen that election if only Trump’s legal team had been less flamboyantly idiotic and a few Republican legislatures had played along. It’s something to watch for next time if Congress fails to reform the Electoral Count Act.

CNN also obtained texts from Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas), who similarly urged the White House to craft a plan for undoing the election results and then didn’t like the plan they came up with.

Roy wrote on Jan. 1 that if the president somehow undid the election, “we're driving a stake in the heart of the federal republic.”

As it happens, when I asked Roy in October if he believed the election had been rigged, he screamed at me so loudly that a Capitol Police officer walked over to make sure he didn’t try to beat me up. (He didn’t answer the question.)

and then this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_aqR-MxOOc

Ex-Roger Stone Aide Reportedly Urged Trump Supporters To ‘Descend On The Capitol’

Quote:
According to a new report in the New York Times, former Roger Stone associate Jason Sullivan was plotting the storming of the Capitol back in December 2020. And we know so because there is a recording of him doing just that.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYCLVxxrH3A

Trump Linked To Proud Boys As Explosive Texts Revealed In Coup Probe

Quote:
New texts revealed in the investigation into the Jan. 6 insurrection show militia leaders trying to connect with former Trump doctor and Republican Congressman Ronny Jackson. Meanwhile, Trump’s former lawyer is hiding more than 37,000 pages of Trump-related emails from the Jan. 6 committee, asserting attorney-client privilege. MSNBC’s Ari Melber reports on the latest in the investigation.

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDmzOjbxBuo
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/greg-kelly-swamp-snake-kevin-mccarthy-wet-his-pants-for-wanting-trump-to-resign-after-one-riot/

Greg Kelly: ‘Swamp Snake’ Kevin McCarthy ‘Wet His Pants’ for Wanting Trump to Resign ‘After One Riot’

Quote:
Newsmax host Greg Kelly isn’t pleased with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) after leaked audio showed McCarthy wanted Trump out of office after the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

In a recording of a phone call among House Republican leadership on Jan. 10, 2021, Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) asks McCarthy, if he thinks Donald Trump will resign after inflaming a violent mob that later stormed the Capitol.

“My gut tells me no, I’m seriously thinking of having that conversation with him tonight. I haven’t talked to him in a couple of day,” McCarthy replied. “From what I know of him, I mean you guys know him too, do you think he’d ever back away? But, what I think I’m going to do, is I’m going to call him.”

Kelly addressed those comments on Friday.

“Kevin McCarthy. Republican, they say?” he mused. “I’ve always had my doubts about him, but now? Well, they’re confirmed.”

The host aired a separate audio clip of McCarthy stating he will talk to Trump about resigning, as he appeared to believe Congress would vote to impeach and convict the president.

“I think the only discussion I would have with him is that I think this will pass, and it would be my recommendation you should resign. I mean, that would be my take,” said McCarthy. “But I don’t think he would take it. But I don’t know.”

Kelly repeated McCarthy’s words and shredded the House minority leader.

“Kevin McCarthy is a swamp snake,” he stated. “He’s a career politician, and we don’t like him. Alright? He doesn’t belong there, and in a moment of crisis, he wet his pants. Sorry. And he was outflanked by Liz Cheney of all people!”

The host sarcastically asked if McCarthy ever spoke with the Democratic leadership about the civil unrest in 2020 amid the Black Lives Matter protests.

“And he says the president should resign after one riot – that may have been facilitated by Democrats oh by the way?”

He concluded the segment by stating, “He should never be speaker,” and suggested that if Republicans retake the House, Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) should become speaker instead.

Watch above via Newsmax.

https://www.mediaite.com/print/mccarthy-and-mcconnell-privately-excoriated-son-of-a-btch-trump-after-jan-6-actively-plotted-his-ouster-per-report/?utm_source=mostpopular

McCarthy and McConnell Privately Excoriated ‘Son of a B*tch’ Trump After Jan. 6, Actively Plotted His Ouster Per Report

Quote:
A new book claims House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) were furious with Donald Trump in the immediate aftermath of January 6th, and they had serious conversations about how the former president might be removed from office.

New York Times’ Alex Burns and Jonathan Martin previewed portions of This Will Not Pass, their upcoming book on the impact of America’s political divisions. The book claims that even though McCarthy and McConnell’s outrage with Trump faded over time, there was a point after the storming of the U.S. Capitol where they privately blasted the ex-president and considered completely breaking the GOP off from him.

“Mr. McCarthy went so far as to say he would push Mr. Trump to resign immediately: ‘I’ve had it with this guy,’ he told a group of Republican leaders,” the Times reported. “But within weeks both men backed off an all-out fight with Mr. Trump because they feared retribution from him and his political movement. Their drive to act faded fast as it became clear it would mean difficult votes that would put them at odds with most of their colleagues.”

The report acknowledges how McCarthy said Trump bore responsibility for the Capitol riot, only to make a pilgrimage to Mar-a-Lago and broker peace with Trump in the weeks that followed. Privately though, McCarthy reportedly said Trump’s conduct was “atrocious and totally wrong,” and he asked about invoking the 25th Amendment before discarding it as a viable option.

While McCarthy was described as fearful of the implications of Democratic efforts to have Trump impeached, he reportedly spoke to Republican leadership and said he would call Trump with a request for his resignation.

From the report:

“What he did is unacceptable. Nobody can defend that and nobody should defend it,” he told the group.

Mr. McCarthy said he would tell Mr. Trump of the impeachment resolution: “I think this will pass, and it would be my recommendation you should resign.”

He acknowledged it was unlikely Mr. Trump would follow that suggestion.

The report goes on to say McCarthy hoped certain firebrands like Congresswoman Lauren Boebert (R-CO) would lose their social media accounts like Trump did, though a McCarthy spokesman claimed he “never said that particular members should be removed from Twitter.” Meanwhile, McConnell was privately saying “If this isn’t impeachable, I don’t know what is,” which indicates he seriously believed Trump could be successfully impeached.

On Monday, Jan. 11, Mr. McConnell met over lunch in Kentucky with two longtime advisers, Terry Carmack and Scott Jennings. Feasting on Chick-fil-A in Mr. Jennings’s Louisville office, the Senate Republican leader predicted Mr. Trump’s imminent political demise.

“The Democrats are going to take care of the son of a bitch for us,” Mr. McConnell said, referring to the imminent impeachment vote in the House.

McConnell wound up voting to acquit Trump, even though he gave a speech right afterward where he ripped the ex-president’s behavior to shreds.

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/4/23/2093585/-Secret-Service-warned-the-White-House-that-the-Jan-6-demonstration-could-turn-violent

Secret Service warned the White House that the Jan 6 demonstration could turn violent

Quote:

Former chief of staff to Donald Trump, Mark Meadows is suing the House and the Select Committee investigating Jan. 6, for what he calls an overly broad subpoena to appear and answer questions. As part of that lawsuit, however, former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson revealed a lot of details about Meadows that are being released now.

According to a deposition Hutchinson gave in March, that was just released publicly late Friday night, she revealed that the U.S. Secret Service gave warnings about violence at the Capitol to the White House.

"I just remember Mr. Ornato coming in and saying that we had intel reports saying that there could potentially be violence on the 6th. And Mr. Meadows said: 'All right. Let's talk about it,'" said Hutchinson speaking of U.S. Secret Service special agent in charge Anthony Ornato.

The House Select Committee cited her deposition in their Friday court filing responding to the Meadows lawsuit.

"But despite this and other warnings, President Trump urged the attendees at the Jan. 6th rally to march to the Capitol to 'take back your country,'" the court filing said. "Despite urgent pleas from Capitol Hill and from many of President Trump's supporters, President Trump did not act immediately to publicly ask or instruct the violent rioters [to] leave the Capitol."

The filing also states that it is clear that Trump never contacted the Department of Defense that day to dispatch help.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting the secret service was part of the coup...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/new-details-on-why-pence-refused-to-get-in-secret-service-car-on-jan-6/vi-AAWAJwE?ocid=EMMX&cvid=09a6d9176a8d4ecabe67b9494ad29334

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/george-conway-leaked-mark-meadows-texts-show-ivanka-and-jason-miller-s-first-instinct-was-to-lie/ar-AAWCaUo?ocid=EMMX&cvid=4dffca0eac7c44de8511ac69fad75fb2

George Conway: Leaked Mark Meadows Texts Show Ivanka and Jason Miller’s ‘First Instinct Was to Lie’

Quote:
It is fair to say that George Conway is less than impressed with former President Donald Trump and his surrogates, in particular daughter Ivanka Trump and former spokesman Jason Miller.

Conway appeared on CNN New Day Tuesday morning to discuss recently leaked texts from former Chief of Staff Mark Meadows from Jan. 7, and how Miller and Ivanka’s messages reveal that their “first instinct was to lie.”

Boletos de avión baratos - Encuentra precios más baratos.
Ad
Ad
Cheapflights
Boletos de avión baratos - Encuentra precios más baratos.
Conway criticizing team Trump is not terribly interesting, but his attack on Trump’s daughter is noteworthy. And his interpretation of the underlying motivations revealed by Miller and Ivanka texts will resonate with anyone who appreciates logic and common sense.

A text from Miller was presented on-air suggesting a draft tweet from Trump that read, in part, “Call me crazy, but ideas for two tweets from POTUS: 1) Bad apples, likely ANTIFA or other crazed leftists, infiltrated today’s peaceful protest over the fraudulent vote count. Violence is never acceptable! MAGA supporters embrace our police and the rule of law and should leave the Capitol now!”

John Berman asked “what do you see here?” to which Conway quickly replied ” Just the instinct, first instinct is to lie. They had the big lie and then they caused the drama on capitol hill, the damage on capitol hill, and then the first instinct is, again, just to lie.”

Later, Berman followed up by asking what his guest made of the text message from Ivanka Trump on Nov. 5 “saying that they’re warriors of epic proportions, telling them to keep the faith, keep the fight, she said you’re all warriors in all caps, keep the faith, keep the fight.”

“I guess she was being some kind of a cheerleader,” Conway replied. “I don’t know that she knew anything about whether or not there was fraud. Or whether or not there was a basis to fight. But she — she was just being just a cheerleader.”

“They didn’t care about the substance,” he continued. “They didn’t care to wait for the results and they didn’t care to wait for an investigation to see whether or not there was evidence of fraud. Their instinct was to just — we’re going to make something up or find something. And that’s what Ivanka Trump’s texts show there.”

Watch above via CNN.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 18 of 33

Jump to: