myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Big Gov/Tech/Pharma are feeding us harmful medical BS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jim, I think I'm crazy. Can you help?

-Mike

Last edited by MikeLaRonde on Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can’t fix crazy.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercola has his downsides, but what I like about his articles include:
• Insight.
• Integration of a wide array of sources.
• Thorough, usually highly credible, references. Like even Fox News' most unabashedly biased news commentators, his references often lead to original, often impeccable, sources.
• Agreement with other sources which have less baggage.
• Simplicity. They appear in my IN box daily, free, unless and until I hit UNSUBSCRIBE. (Try THAT with the scores of GD investment email spam and telephone scammers I get every damned day.)
• Neither reading his articles or buying his products has triggered the endless, unstoppable blitz of health & fitness crap spewing from his competitors.
• Variety. Even when he's emphasizing Covid topics, he intersperses them with many other topics of interest.
• He hasn't kowtowed to Big Pharma/Tech/Government.
• The few supplements I have bought from him have been competitively priced and well rated by independent labs.

But "downplays supplements"?
1. He is an in-yer-face, unapologetic pitchman when not just talking science. I always examine the articles I read for commercial sales bias.
2. Very few supplements have proven effective; many VERY common ones have proven harmful. We gotta eat FOOD to get the benefit from most nutrients.

My three biggest complaints about him?
1. Too many of his supplement pitches are exactly that. How honest they are I can't say, because I don't read them.
2. He is far too prolific. I don't have time to read one in twenty of his articles. (He must enjoy writing as much as I do.)
3. His titles are often over the top, even if defendable. But, by golly, they do get one's attention, and are often borne out by his content and references.

To summarize this and many similar posts ... Ignoring important, relevant, useful (all personal evaluations) independently verifiable facts because one doesn't like or trust a messenger is just stupid.

mlaronde wrote:
I gotta admit, I'm not a big fan of Mercola. I watched one of his presentations and thought he was boring. I don't like how he totally downplays the importance of vitamins and supplements. And limiting most of his writings to subscribers isn't helping. Thanks for sharing ..
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Mercola has his downsides, but what I like about his articles include:
• Insight.
• Integration of a wide array of sources.
• Thorough, usually highly credible, references. Like even Fox News' most unabashedly biased news commentators, his references often lead to original, often impeccable, sources.
• Agreement with other sources which have less baggage.
• Simplicity. They appear in my IN box daily, free, unless and until I hit UNSUBSCRIBE. (Try THAT with the scores of GD investment email spam and telephone scammers I get every damned day.)
• Neither reading his articles or buying his products has triggered the endless, unstoppable blitz of health & fitness crap spewing from his competitors.
• Variety. Even when he's emphasizing Covid topics, he intersperses them with many other topics of interest.
• He hasn't kowtowed to Big Pharma/Tech/Government.
• The few supplements I have bought from him have been competitively priced and well rated by independent labs.

But "downplays supplements"?
1. He is an in-yer-face, unapologetic pitchman when not just talking science. I always examine the articles I read for commercial sales bias.
2. Very few supplements have proven effective; many VERY common ones have proven harmful. We gotta eat FOOD to get the benefit from most nutrients.

My three biggest complaints about him?
1. Too many of his supplement pitches are exactly that. How honest they are I can't say, because I don't read them.
2. He is far too prolific. I don't have time to read one in twenty of his articles. (He must enjoy writing as much as I do.)
3. His titles are often over the top, even if defendable. But, by golly, they do get one's attention, and are often borne out by his content and references.

To summarize this and many similar posts ... Ignoring important, relevant, useful (all personal evaluations) independently verifiable facts because one doesn't like or trust a messenger is just stupid.

mlaronde wrote:
I gotta admit, I'm not a big fan of Mercola. I watched one of his presentations and thought he was boring. I don't like how he totally downplays the importance of vitamins and supplements. And limiting most of his writings to subscribers isn't helping. Thanks for sharing ..

Hey it's cool, useful health information is obviously important, and maybe I'll just subscribe. What do I have to lose right?

But for this debate I'm really focused on medical tyranny, so when it comes to the medical angle, I'm pretty much stuck on "Above all, do no harm", and how the current priority seems to be to cause harm above all!

You refer to Technocracy in the title of this thread: the use of technology to control people.

Technocracy is much more than just big tech censorship. It is inherently more evil than Globalism, because it specifically means direct control of people, rather than their communities, environments, governments, etc.

Pop quiz: in the early days of the WWW (I downloaded this document in 1996 I think), who warned humanity of this inevitable monster, in a most disturbing manner?

One of my favorite writers on the subject is Mike Adams. He even has a spin-off site on it:
https://www.technocracy.news/

His main site
https://www.naturalnews.com/index.html
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I say that crazy people are suckers for grifters? They even brag about it.

Quote:
Jonathan Jarry, MSc | 15 Feb 2018
Pseudoscience

If there is a Wonderland filled with health scares, monsters, and miraculous concoctions, Mike Adams is building it. And its looking-glass is the Internet.

Much has been written recently about online “echo chambers”: the idea that we are catered to on the Internet with sites and recommendations that reinforce our preexisting beliefs. If you watch a lot of science videos on YouTube, follow many scientists on Twitter, and regularly search for scientific questions on Google, your online experience will shift away from neutrality, as search results, post sorting, and recommendations will be tailored to your pro-science stance. This is an echo chamber because, in due time, you only hear your beliefs repeated back at you and stop seeing what’s happening on the other side.

Echo chambers for the pseudoscience crowd exist as well, though Mike Adams’ online bubble is so vast and self-sufficient, it warrants the term “ecosystem”.

Mike Adams, also known as The Health Ranger, is a fierce advocate of alternative medicine. He is anti-vaccination, anti-GMO
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COVID Shots Make Omicron Worse.
With the spread of Omicron, there's no longer any doubt the government mandates are irrational, legally indefensible and contrary to the public interest. Yet that's exactly what's happening - despite the fact COVID shots can increase infection.

Highlights from a summary of the evidence gathered Dr. Joseph Mercola  Fact Checked
STORY AT-A-GLANCE
 Omicron is rapidly overtaking other SARS-CoV-2 variants and currently accounts for 95% of all COVID cases in the U.S.
 Research shows current COVID shots cease to provide any protection against Omicron 30 days’ post-injection, and at 90 days offers negative protection, actually making you more prone to Omicron infection
 This effectively makes COVID jab mandates obsolete, yet government and health authorities are still pushing Americans to get jabbed, and if already jabbed, to get a third booster
 P�zer is now saying it will have an Omicron-speci�c shot ready in March 2022, at which point Americans will undoubtedly be told to line up for a fourth injection.
 Professor Andrew Pollard, head of the U.K.’s Committee on Vaccination and Immunization who helped create the Oxford-AstraZeneca shot, said in a January 3, 2022, Daily Telegraph interview: “We can’t vaccinate the planet every four or six months. It’s not sustainable or affordable”

A number of studies have already shown that the COVID shots offer very limited protection against the Omicron variant,3,4 Because some of Omicron's 50 mutations are known to evade antibody protection, because more than 30 of those mutations are to the spike protein used as an immunogen by the existing vaccines, and because there have been mass Omicron outbreaks in heavily vaccinated populations, scientists are highly uncertain the existing vaccines can stop it from spreading ...

COVID Shots Increase Omicron Infection Risk
...research7 shows the Moderna and P�zer mRNA shots have no statistically positive effect against Omicron infection after just 30 days. Worse, 90 days' post-injection their effectiveness goes negative, making [the vaxxed] more susceptible to Omicron infection than the unvaccinated.

"vaccinated people have higher rates of Omicron infection than unvaccinated people and are just as contagious as the unvaccinated, once they get infected. Preliminary data from all over the world indicate that this is true of Omicron as well," ... CDC director Dr. Rochelle Walensky actually admitted that "what [the COVID shots] can't do anymore is prevent transmission."8,9
"According to the CDC, the overwhelming majority of symptomatic U.S. Omicron cases have been mild. The best policy might be to let Omicron run its course while protecting the most vulnerable, naturally immunizing the vast majority against COVID through infection by a relatively benign strain."

"Some people have received four mRNA gene transfer shots within the span of a single year! Let's be clear: That is not a vaccine. Vaccines are not something you need to keep injecting on a quarterly basis". The virus is rapidly mutating, so trying to "vaccinate" our way out of this pandemic is a fool's errand. e.g., the Ihu variant13 detected in France has 46 genetic mutations and 36 deletions from the original virus.

Symptoms of Cold, Flu and COVID are nearly indistinguishable, so it's important to treat symptoms early. [Yet Biden, the vax mfrs, and so-called "news" media have all but ignored, often actively discouraged, treatment.] The CDC urges those who have or may have COVID-19 to watch for emergency warning signs and seek medical care immediately if they experience certain symptoms, yet NBC,24 [opines as fact that], "Unless you feel sick enough to seek medical help, Loafman said the guidance doesn't change ... 'Stay home, stay away from others, and if you're sick enough, if you meet criteria to need help, then, you know, the clinical setting will sort out which testing to do". [Tick, tock ...]

Considering how contagious Omicron is, chances are you're going to get it, so buy what you'll need now, so you have it on hand if/when symptoms arise. And, remember, this applies for those who have gotten the jab as well, since you're just as likely to get infected — and perhaps even more so.

Mercola goes on to recommend specific effective treatments available from physicians and pharmacists willing to ignore ignorance-, politics-, and profit-based government and Big Pharma bans on effective treatments.

Sources and References
1 CDC.gov September 24, 2021
2 Bloomberg January 4, 2022
3 Deseret News December 26, 2021
4 The New York Times December 19, 2021
5, 9 Wall Street Journal January 9, 2022
6 WHO.int COVID-19 and Mandatory Vaccination: Ethical Considerations and Caveats (Archived) 7 medRx December 23, 2021 DOI: 10.1102/2021.20.21267966 (Archived)
8 KMOX January 10, 2022
10, 15, 16, 17 CNBC January 10, 2022
11 CNBC December 31, 2021
12 The Telegraph January 3, 2022
13 CBS News January 6, 2022
14 News Nation Now January 7, 2022
18 In-Cyprus January 9, 2022
19, 20, 24 NBC Chicago January 7, 2022
21 Advisory.com June 9, 2021
22 The New York Times December 31, 2021
23 The Guardian January 2, 2022

[Who ya gonna call ... Science ... or mac & GT? I was highly likely wrong in getting boosted, because I hadn't done enough homework. I hope that summarizing and vetting some of the readily available science will reduce my odds of doing that next time. OTOH, I AM WAY more than a thousand times more vulnerable to Covid than are young people, so maybe I did the right thing ... for ME ... at that specific time. ]
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can probably cite at least 15 cases in which doctors have absolutely taken or tried to take -- when I didn't catch them in time to prevent it -- not just harmful but sometimes lethal mistakes JUST ON ME. Never forget that the third leading cause of death in the U.S. is medical errors (NIH).

mlaronde wrote:
I'm really focused on medical tyranny, so when it comes to the medical angle, I'm pretty much stuck on "Above all, do no harm", and how the current priority seems to be to cause harm above all!
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"[Who ya gonna call ... Science ... or mac & GT? I was highly likely wrong in getting boosted, because I hadn't done enough homework. I hope that summarizing and vetting some of the readily available science will reduce my odds of doing that next time. OTOH, I AM WAY more than a thousand times more vulnerable to Covid than are young people, so maybe I did the right thing ... for ME ... at that specific time. ]"

It's a bit hidden, but it's isobars' latest rationalization for getting vaccinated. I think that he heard you GT, but he's not going to confess his hypocrisy.

Yet, he still continues to carry water for the anti-vaxxers. A real workhorse for the cause.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course he can. He's our resident expert in crazy.

mlaronde wrote:
Hey Jim, I think I'm crazy. Can you help?
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucker for grifters and paranoid theories.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 2 of 32

Jump to: