myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Hook parking - new firelane, less parking
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boardsportsrule4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:25 pm    Post subject: Hook parking - new firelane, less parking Reply with quote

As of this weekend they've made the whole way out to the Hook a no parking fire lane. The only parking that will be allowed is at the end, which goes north south. That's a lot less parking. Why couldn't they allow parallel parking on one side of the way out? Is CGW2 advocating for parking spots - is anyone?
CUSalin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Hook parking - new firelane, less parking Reply with quote

boardsportsrule4 wrote:
As of this weekend they've made the whole way out to the Hook a no parking fire lane. The only parking that will be allowed is at the end, which goes north south. That's a lot less parking. Why couldn't they allow parallel parking on one side of the way out? Is CGW2 advocating for parking spots - is anyone?

FYI - CGW2.org is advocating to not having The Hook shut down to ALL vehicle traffic.

boardsportsrule4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CGW2 has told me they are not advocating for parking access. They seem to feel the rules must be followed - which i agree with to a point. In my experience with working with 'the government' they can be open to compromise. However, if no one is advocating for the other side they will take all they can get and take the easy way.
CUSalin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boardsportsrule4 wrote:
CGW2 has told me they are not advocating for parking access. They seem to feel the rules must be followed - which i agree with to a point. In my experience with working with 'the government' they can be open to compromise. However, if no one is advocating for the other side they will take all they can get and take the easy way.

FWIW - It is a mischaracterization to say that CGW2.org "...., is not advocating for parking access." Again, CGW.org is advocating to the extent that the entire Hook area is not completely closed to non-emergency vehicle access, which was on the table.

Bottom line is that The Hook has seen a phenomenal increase in usage as of late and many of the so-called lost parking spaces were never even parking spaces before people began to park in a fashion that Fire and other emergency response agencies have a problem with.

Finally, there are no compromises when it comes to fire and emergency access code.

CUSalin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boardsportsrule4 wrote:

FWIW - It is a mischaracterization to say that CGW2.org "...., is not advocating for parking access." Again, CGW.org is advocating to the extent that the entire Hook area is not completely closed to non-emergency vehicle access, which was on the table.

Bottom line is that The Hook has seen a phenomenal increase in usage as of late and many of the so-called lost parking spaces were never even parking spaces before people began to park in a fashion that Fire and other emergency response agencies have a problem with.

Finally, there are no compromises when it comes to fire and emergency access code.

bobsmithna

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:30 pm    Post subject: River access rethink Reply with quote

With the explosion of winging, it's time for a parking and river-access re-think. I'm sure hundreds of people have thousands of ideas. My Christmas list would be:
#1 At Luhrs: Ramp signage indicating in-the-water to the right going in, out-of-the-water to the right coming out.
#2 No loitering in the water at the base of the ramp.
#3 No cluttering the lawn right at the top of the ramp. Make a lane on the lawn so board carriers can get across the sidewalk.
#4 One or two more river access ramps father upwind of Luhrs to accommodate the increased users.
#5 Buy that vacant lot to the west of the swim area to make parking and river access for a "Luhrs West".
#6 Restrict Luhrs parking to pass holders. Seems unfair that when the tourists fill up the Luhrs lot, the people who pay $120 for a season pass must also pay to park on the street. Alternatively, make the season passes work on the street.

PLEASE: I do not want to hear a big lecture from Isobars about laws, government regulations, NGO limitations (AKA CGWA2) and human behavior. This was only meant to put out some ideas to start a conversation. I applaud all the work CGWA2 has done in the past!
ldhr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hook is a gravel road with bodies of water o both sides - WTH is going to burn?
Kidding. Very Happy Not Kidding. Shocked
ldhr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hook is a gravel road with bodies of water o both sides - WTH is going to burn?
merriam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldhr wrote:

More likely someone needing an ambulance.
CUSalin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldhr wrote:

Several cars have caught fire at The Hook over the years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: