myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Isabella update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superkraut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:37 pm    Post subject: Isabella update Reply with quote

Looking mighty good for our summer: water volume more than doubled since Christmas (when we were reduced to a pitiful mudpuddle), and the dreaded trees in the Ghetto venue just went under.
We have 124% of normal-for-April-1 snow pack in our watershed.
And our dam repairs are completed and the Corps is prepared to impound everything that will come down from the mountains.
It will be magnificent!

PXL_20230111_231604693.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  810.78 KB
 Viewed:  4848 Time(s)

PXL_20230111_231604693.jpg

windward1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray! Maybe I can get to windsurf there this summer. I am glad to hear the dam repairs are completed, although I see the lake level is listed as greater than full pool of 2500’. When will they approve a higher full pool and what do the dam repairs allow that to be?
superkraut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where, pray, did you see 2500?? Gross pool is (unchanged from before the broohaha with our dams) at 568,000acft with an elevation of 2605ft IPD. That is where we will once again be allowed to go, pending the review of our repairs by a Dam Safelty Commission and the subsequent lifting of the recent 361,350acft restriction.
In the meantime, our lake is merrily gaining, with an elevation at this moment of 2544.25ft IPD, and a volume of 90,748acft. Inflow at Kernville is 1291cfs, and outflow 300cfs.
If you do Facebook, you may check "Lake Isabella Windsurfing" - I post the stats there often (maybe, incessantly? - I am gobsmacked by the turn this La Nina winter took!)
Eva
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So happy for you Miss Eva. I know you work hard for the windsurfers that use "your" lake and that you bring new people into the sport. Good to hear that you have your playground back. Randy I must make a trip to see you...just sayin
windward1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Superkraut,

The info came from the web page pictured in the attached file. Note the Full Pull Level called out as 2500 feet at the bottom of the square box that boldly shows the level and has a light yellow background.

Regards,

W1

Lake Isabella Full Pool Info.png
 Description:
Full Pool # is in yellow square at the bottom.
 Filesize:  361.67 KB
 Viewed:  4786 Time(s)

Lake Isabella Full Pool Info.png

superkraut

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow - "43 feet above gross pool" would be a flood of truly biblical proportions - I would certainly not be around to write about it, living as I do downstream and about 6ft above dam crest...
Nonono - attached the numbers, directly from the horse's mouth

lake data summary.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  465.81 KB
 Viewed:  4746 Time(s)

lake data summary.jpeg

superkraut

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOVAAN wrote:
So happy for you Miss Eva. I know you work hard for the windsurfers that use "your" lake and that you bring new people into the sport. Good to hear that you have your playground back. Randy I must make a trip to see you...just sayin

thank you, Tony!! YES, it will be great to see you again - we will try and come up with better wind for you than we managed last time Smile
windward1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out : The https://www.bakersfield.com/news/isabella-lake-could-be-filled-to-capacity-this-spring-for-first-time-in-more-than/article_92a9f654-9396-11ed-98db-732624dbb760.amp.html
superkraut

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windward1 wrote:
Check out : The https://www.bakersfield.com/news/isabella-lake-could-be-filled-to-capacity-this-spring-for-first-time-in-more-than/article_92a9f654-9396-11ed-98db-732624dbb760.amp.html

I helped put that together Wink
(I am the EvaH who waxes poetic about the lake; and that's me in the sailing pic)
windward1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed your waxing poetic. Plus it let me know that you SUPped and communed with the birds. (I obviously knew you windsurfed.) What is it that you row? What kind of craft?

W1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: