myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zirtaeb,
I beg to differ but from experience (and I have had 3 disconnects in my 30 plus yrs of windsurfing),it can sometimes be difficult to reattach the base components while out on the water. Mitchstark, I agree with you about removing the base from the extension and reconnecting it to the track, then attempt to join the two together. This is what I would do.
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:51 pm    Post subject: Sep 27 Reply with quote

Missed a good sort of day? The lure of the new MTB bike was too much ...

Last edited by dvCali on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:37 am; edited 2 times in total
koogzah

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bert wrote:
zirtaeb,
I beg to differ but from experience (and I have had 3 disconnects in my 30 plus yrs of windsurfing),it can sometimes be difficult to reattach the base components while out on the water.

What?! You dare challenge Lord Zirtaeb, sir?! Such insolence from a neophyte such as yourself will not be tolerated!!

The Guys at Berkeley reconnect their mast bases to their boards all the time in the most extreme conditions known to man! And do not ask why their mast bases separate from their boards so often! You will only betray your pathetic ignorance.

Back on topic... the late season goodness continued at TI today, although it took a while for the water to settle down inside. Boards and rigs all remained connected until it was time to exit the water and portage gear back up the towering wall of riprap that makes the 13th St launch so very special.
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:35 am    Post subject: 3rd Ave. Monday evening Reply with quote

Sailed 3rd Ave Monday evening well after 5. Very light on inside, kiters were packing it up. Slogged, semi-planed to channel. Was a little holey out there at first, but seemed to fill in nicely. I had to resort to a 5.8, but it was perfect out there on gun metal water under moody skies. I was it in the channel, Mark and Dmitry were already gone. It's amazing even on a "crappy" day when nobody shows, SF Bay still offers up some darn good sailing!
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject: Great Day at the Stick until ... Reply with quote

Sep 28 great day at the Stick with the Isonic 111 and 6.6. Powered up, runs almost all the way to Sierra Point, golden water, until ... .... I run into Deven.

No much point in discussing fault (I did have right of way) but a good reminder of the dangers of going 25 knots plus each against each other. No injuries but my Isonic has a broken rail, and Deven's board got a going-through-the skin ding too Sad

Time for the repair shop .... and hoping for lots of wind because I am left with just my CA 52!
dllee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better to ridicule the guy who has shortboarded 41 years (Seatrend 9''er in 1983) than to learn from your elder's and history.
Short annoying refraction chop is much harder to stuff the mast base back than long period big swells. If you don't know that, then you know nothing.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeD, you'd best rework your math. 32 years seems more like it.
kevinkan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some pics from Friday at Da Stick... 4.0 day Laughing

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adsurfphotography/sets/72157656799882204/

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
dllee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, math was always my weak point, me being Asian and preferring sports and art over science and math.
Still, it's easy for ONE person to reinstall a single bolt mast base that got loose, still retaining the slug.
Of course, difficult in breaking surf, but on high winds, up to 30mph, it's not at all difficult.
However, maybe I'm being biased. I've snapped off a handful of fins during the past 5 years and always just sailed in. Downwind is tough, across is a no fall breeze, upwind in between the two. And in a rush, a dozen crash's, while taking time, I've sailed over 2 miles without a fin attached, but yes, in non planing slog winds.
Kenny Hartz used to advocate nose back, the riding straddling the mast....with no fin.
Rube

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Berkeley Oct 1st Reply with quote

Nice bonus session 5-6, 5.7, 100LL

Cool large glassy areas on the water that I've never seen before. Not accompanied by wind holes either, it was pretty steady. Very fun effect like riding a huge wavy mirror

Anyone got any ideas what causes these? I'm hoping it wasn't related to any sewage discharge or anything Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 111 of 329

Jump to: