myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Beer for gear- gear for beer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gobbdogg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject: Beer for gear- gear for beer? Reply with quote

I know this forum isn't for selling, but--- time is short, gear is cheap to free and too much to list in ads.. and there ain't much going on in the forum at the moment.
I have the following boards to give away- some good IPA would be a great thank you..

Mistral 284 Custom 115 L 9'3" x 23.2" with fin
Real Wind Fish 253 with 5 fins
F2 Axxis 272 95L 8'11" x 21.7"
F2 Wave 256 82L 8'5" x 21.9"
Mistral Electron CHS 86L
Real Wind Stilleto 8.5 75 L

Lots of fins available
Board bags, sails, some old booms...
Pick up in Exeter RI only
Michael 401-741-0512
donwh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome! I gave my older but still good shape stuff (sails, booms) to people who were getting into the sport.
Hopefully the same will happen here, not just people adding to their collections sitting in the their garage... I know I always wanted a F2 Wave 256 back in the day!
Then again, if no one takes 'em who cares where they go...
gobbdogg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the F2 was fun- but my new Tabou is funner! I can send pics if anyone is interested- didn't want to load up the post with them. If they're not taken soon, they go to the dump- which is sad...
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Beer for gear- gear for beer? Reply with quote

Agreed, on all counts. Two things I don't understand, though, are:

1. Some posters say they're seeing 20-yo sails selling for hundreds of dollars because newer gear is unavailable, yet I see hundreds of boards and sails going unsold at swap meets.

2. Some posters lambaste those who mention their used gear here, as though they were being forced to read such posts.

Don't sweat it (as though you were in the first place.)

gobbdogg wrote:
I know this forum isn't for selling, but--- time is short, gear is cheap to free and too much to list in ads.. and there ain't much going on in the forum at the moment.

OMG ... the forums are kaput again. SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT
Sunliner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject: Beer for gear- gear for beer? Reply with quote

I’ve seen several board posts I’d like to have but with the current wind drought here on the Chesapeake I haven’t been out in months. Decided to try a wing board and have managed to get out once or twice a week. Saving my money for the right wing gear. I think I saw a post someone was selling patio furniture made out of old boards. Recycle.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever try downhill snowboarding on a sinker? Wakeboarding/waterskiing? Sand duning? A wet, grassy hill ... especially into a lake? (OK, maybe riding the car hood down a levee covered with thigh-sized chunks of firewood wasn't too smart.) Smile
gobbdogg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gear is all gone- thank you craigslist...
mccllcalvin@gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Beer for gear- gear for beer? Reply with quote

Sunliner wrote:
I’ve seen several board posts I’d like to have but with the current wind drought here on the Chesapeake I haven’t been out in months. Decided to try a wing board and have managed to get out once or twice a week. Saving my money for the right wing gear. I think I saw a post someone was selling patio furniture made out of old boards. Recycle.

Good idea

fireboy and watergirl
Sunliner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom asked me to install a handrail. Glad i held on to that old broken boom and masts.

Reflex handrail.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.45 MB
 Viewed:  15934 Time(s)

Reflex handrail.JPG

Fiberspar Reflex handrail.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.55 MB
 Viewed:  15934 Time(s)

Fiberspar Reflex handrail.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: