myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Crissy ROW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All parties on the water, even Isobars, are responsible for avoiding a collision, even if they have the right of way. If someone on starboard with an approaching vessel feels a need to show off, they can wait a few seconds until there is no longer a collision hazard. Idiots who refuse to understand the rules, or accept that they apply to them, threaten the access rights of everybody. Even you Mike Fick.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I think a busy day at the Hatch is much different than wingers ripping down wind on North Tower swell."

Well said, but I seriously doubt that our Gorge expert will hear any of it. He's got his teeth into this thread, and he's not letting go.
jpf18

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Crissy ROW Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
especially at Crissy/North Tower. The first is the Wing Foiler blasting straight down wind with little regard to on coming crafts on a beam reach, or any reach for that matter.
It might be helpful to direct sailors/wingers/kiters to the figure-eight layout we all follow. I.e. ride to the far end on one of the rollers instead of cutting it short and dropping in in front of oncoming traffic.

Seems like some (new-ish?) wingers are quite cavalier around others. So Wednesday I drop in the swell of one of the sightseeing boats. Moving in from the outside, by myself (nice). Two wingers were already on over on the other side. From what I could gather, the one further outside aggressively (or out of incompetence) slowly squeezed the other winger into an emergency bail, pretty rude MO.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Crissy ROW Reply with quote

jpf18 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
especially at Crissy/North Tower. The first is the Wing Foiler blasting straight down wind with little regard to on coming crafts on a beam reach, or any reach for that matter.
It might be helpful to direct sailors/wingers/kiters to the figure-eight layout we all follow. I.e. ride to the far end on one of the rollers instead of cutting it short and dropping in in front of oncoming traffic.

Seems like some (new-ish?) wingers are quite cavalier around others. So Wednesday I drop in the swell of one of the sightseeing boats. Moving in from the outside, by myself (nice). Two wingers were already on over on the other side. From what I could gather, the one further outside aggressively (or out of incompetence) slowly squeezed the other winger into an emergency bail, pretty rude MO.

Wednesday North Tower was about as good as it gets, the swim home , not so much Very Happy The Wingers and sailers in the Tower Standing wave were all circling/jibing in sinc, its those boat wakes where ROW gets dicey...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: