myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Biden 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
swchandler



Joined: 08 Nov 1993
Posts: 10345

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, is this about what Fox News said?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 13430
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
Where is the Iso-rage?

Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump reported between $172 million and $640 million in outside income while working in the White House...

https://www.citizensforethics.org/reports-investigations/crew-investigations/jared-and-ivanka-made-up-to-640-million-in-the-white-house/


seems this one is not front page news is it... trump head of the RNC and running yet this is ok but bidens sons enriching is not. Remember the bush kids when Bush 1 was VP had similar arrangements with businesses. and bush 2 even became president after taking millions from oil country people.

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 20712

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I suspected ... no one can justify Biden's asinine claims that the economy is great (or that "none of these things occurred").
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 17106
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
As I suspected ... no one can justify Biden's asinine claims that the economy is great (or that "none of these things occurred").


As I suspected, nobody will try to reason with a demented man who watches Fox.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coachg



Joined: 10 Sep 2000
Posts: 3290

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
isobars wrote:
As I suspected ... no one can justify Biden's asinine claims that the economy is great (or that "none of these things occurred").


As I suspected, nobody will try to reason with a demented man who watches Fox.

You got it. He hit the Fox News trifecta; the election was stolen, January 6 was a field trip for grandmas & his now infamous quote, “ Influenza is a much more deadly disease. Get your priorities straight, fearmonger.”.

Iso is living proof that you can fool some of the people all of the time.

Coachg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boggsman1



Joined: 24 Jun 2002
Posts: 8822
Location: at a computer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Sincere question, to which I don't know any answer: On what facts or data does the administration base its statements that the economy is doing even just OK, let alone well?

Everyone on the planet knows that's a lie, and Biden clearly proved himself to the world to be a liar yet again three times this week*, but his lying isn't the point of my question. Again, What justification has Biden offered for saying the economy is anything but dismal?

* Fox News White House correspondent Peter Doocy sparred with President Joe Biden on Monday over what the former called three “big things” the latter said during his trip in Europe last week.

“Are you worried that other leaders in the world are going to start to doubt that America is back if some of these big things that you say on the world stage keep getting walked back,” asked Doocy during a press conference at the White House.

“What’s getting walked back?” asked Biden.

“In the last couple days, it sounded like you told U.S. troops they were going to Ukraine, it sounded like you said it was possible the U.S. would use a chemical weapon and it sounded like you were calling for regime change in Russia,” said Doocy.

“None of the three occurred,” replied Biden.

“None of the three occurred?” asked Doocy.

“None of the three,” said Biden.

As every one of you knows, those three did occur, on camera, in front of microphones, to the entire world.

This, from the one person on the planet whose words should carry more weight than those of anyone, on whose shoulders the immediate elimination of all life but cockroaches on the planet rests.


GDP growth 6.9% in Q4
3.7% unemployment.,.strongest job market in 35 years.
Household wealth at record highs.
Real estate prices...etc etc ..

I could go on.... economy is ripping. I was just in Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, and Colorado.. economy is RAGING in all 4...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coachg



Joined: 10 Sep 2000
Posts: 3290

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.whitehouse.gov/kbj/

Wait for it……. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Coachg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 20712

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for a rational, impersonal response. However, the picture looks far less rosy at the individual level. Consumers can't eat the GDP, the value of their home means squat unless they sell it, and 65% of the public says their economy is poor, and businesses are starting to fire employees because wages have been artificially increased by legislation.

Real human beings' net buying power is diminished by the worst inflation in 40 years ... the worst in HISTORY if measured by the same standard used 40 years ago.

Personal debt is soaring.
https://www.badcredit.org/how-to/consumer-debt-statistics/

How do rising housing prices help anyone wanting to buy a home? They're becoming unaffordable for most people.

https://www.thebalance.com/how-is-the-economy-doing-3306046

What are 16,000 illegal aliens crashing our southern border every day now -- forecast to increase to scores of thousands per day, and why not? -- going to do for the unemployment rate when Title 42 is rescinded? Oh, yeah ...they don't have to work because thousands of them are criminals anyway and all of them get more free crap than you or I will ever see.

I know not even the greatest economic minds make many accurate economic forecasts, but an awful lot of the best are anticipating a disastrous recession within a few short years. Right or wrong, that doesn't demonstrate a good opinion of today's economy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 17106
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less than an hour—and it came down to immigrants.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boggsman1



Joined: 24 Jun 2002
Posts: 8822
Location: at a computer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Thanks for a rational, impersonal response. However, the picture looks far less rosy at the individual level. Consumers can't eat the GDP, the value of their home means squat unless they sell it, and 65% of the public says their economy is poor, and businesses are starting to fire employees because wages have been artificially increased by legislation.

Real human beings' net buying power is diminished by the worst inflation in 40 years ... the worst in HISTORY if measured by the same standard used 40 years ago.

Personal debt is soaring.
https://www.badcredit.org/how-to/consumer-debt-statistics/

How do rising housing prices help anyone wanting to buy a home? They're becoming unaffordable for most people.

https://www.thebalance.com/how-is-the-economy-doing-3306046

What are 16,000 illegal aliens crashing our southern border every day now -- forecast to increase to scores of thousands per day, and why not? -- going to do for the unemployment rate when Title 42 is rescinded? Oh, yeah ...they don't have to work because thousands of them are criminals anyway and all of them get more free crap than you or I will ever see.

I know not even the greatest economic minds make many accurate economic forecasts, but an awful lot of the best are anticipating a disastrous recession within a few short years. Right or wrong, that doesn't demonstrate a good opinion of today's economy.


The job market is DRUM tight. If anyone gets fired, there are 10 better jobs waiting for them. Restaurant jobs in Boulder paying $27 /hour, everywhere. As of right now, the inflation costs are being off set by higher wealth/wages.

The economy is measured by GDP, unemployment, and asset prices...and all counts it's doing very well. It's tough to spin it any other way and your concerns, primarily inflation are well warranted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 93 of 97

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group