myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 310, 311, 312 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Ha....you've got cover Mr. Gybe...we saw the whites of the eyes of the oil execs in the Spring of 2020, and now they are printing money, yet you think they are eager to invest and spend money.... Not so sure Mr. Gybe, they are enjoying leaner balance sheets, and massive free cash flow.

I despair of you ever responding to what I actually wrote, namely that anti oil rhetoric and government actions is.........."unquestionably having a serious impact on both the investment decisions of that industry and on its ability to hire people." I know for a fact that they are not "eager to invest and spend money" in the current environment. I completely agree with them.

"I want you to look in my eyes. I guarantee you, I guarantee you we are going to end fossil fuels and I am not going to cooperate with them, OK?" - Joseph Robinette Biden Jr
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Ha....you've got cover Mr. Gybe...we saw the whites of the eyes of the oil execs in the Spring of 2020, and now they are printing money, yet you think they are eager to invest and spend money.... Not so sure Mr. Gybe, they are enjoying leaner balance sheets, and massive free cash flow.

I despair of you ever responding to what I actually wrote, namely that anti oil rhetoric and government actions is.........."unquestionably having a serious impact on both the investment decisions of that industry and on its ability to hire people." I know for a fact that they are not "eager to invest and spend money" in the current environment. I completely agree with them.

"I want you to look in my eyes. I guarantee you, I guarantee you we are going to end fossil fuels and I am not going to cooperate with them, OK?" - Joseph Robinette Biden Jr

I agree .. But, immigration is also impacting Permian employment. Don't take my word for it, listen to Scott Sheffield on Pioneer's last call. Bigger picture, these E & P companies , like OXY , who were on death's bed in April 2020, are NOT eager to invest , they are printing money, and do not want to upset the apple cart. Mr. Gybe, you seem obsessed with politics, but the story is certainly more broad than that.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in today’s news, microplastics found in fresh Antarctic snow. Thanks to big oil. There will be some in your food today.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Speaking of immigrants, go interview every CEO in the Permian Basin--they are desperate for workers, desperate. Immigration has cratered since Covid, and US companies are short ...

What a shock! Relentless threats against, and demonizing of the oil and gas industry by ignorant politicians, agenda driven money managers and uneducated commentators, is unquestionably having a serious impact on both the investment decisions of that industry and on its ability to hire people. Virtue signalling comes at a price as you are all currently discovering and will continue to do so for some time.

https://statesville.com/lifestyles/technology/un-chief-guterres-urges-graduates-to-shun-climate-wreckers/article_78e89065-7334-5421-ac47-ac7fa7ecef6c.html

I've owned oil for a year. Owned it when Obama was CIC. Both fools
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
And in today’s news, microplastics found in fresh Antarctic snow. Thanks to big oil. There will be some in your food today.

And who is the largest polluter on the planet....?
Who gave us the pandemic?
Who's going to take Taiwan?

China's going to make Putin look like a school girl.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Speaking of immigrants, go interview every CEO in the Permian Basin--they are desperate for workers, desperate. Immigration has cratered since Covid, and US companies are short ...

What a shock! Relentless threats against, and demonizing of the oil and gas industry by ignorant politicians, agenda driven money managers and uneducated commentators, is unquestionably having a serious impact on both the investment decisions of that industry and on its ability to hire people. Virtue signalling comes at a price as you are all currently discovering and will continue to do so for some time.

https://statesville.com/lifestyles/technology/un-chief-guterres-urges-graduates-to-shun-climate-wreckers/article_78e89065-7334-5421-ac47-ac7fa7ecef6c.html

I've owned oil for a year. Owned it when Obama was CIC. Both fools

The irony is Big Oil should have a statue of Joe Biden on the steps of their HQ...profits exploding.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least we are finally agreed that Biden's actions and rhetoric have contributed to the explosion in oil/ gas/ gasoline prices. When I have suggested that same thing previously, you have dismissed me as clueless and a hopeless partisan. Welcome to the reality club.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With oil product pricing at an all time high, now is the time for oil companies to expand and develop new sources of oil. The problem is the unknown of how long this price boom will last. When gas prices plummet, they are forced to cut back and abandon sites that cost too much to operate.

With high gas pricing and all this Joe Biden hating, oil companies are angling on opening up the optimum plum sites for oil development, you know, the ones that keep their development costs low when gas prices evidentually fall.
coachg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
This is going to be fun in November.

Every other November is a fun November. If the party in power isn’t working, kick ‘em out & try something new. It happened to Trump & the Republicans in 2020 & it can happen to the Democrats this year.

Coachg
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/multiple-guns-robbery-wellston-market-missouri_n_62994cbee4b05fe694f296ad

Man Robbed Of Assault Rifle At Gunpoint Opens Fire With Second Gun

Quote:
The accused robber was struck multiple times, and two bystanders were wounded in the St. Louis shootout.

Quote:
In another recent example of the out-of-control proliferation of firearms in America, a shopper was robbed of his assault-style rifle — at gunpoint — outside a food store in the St. Louis area.

The shopper then retrieved a second gun from his parked vehicle and opened fire on the robber last week in Wellston, Missouri, according to a police statement. The robber was shot multiple times, and two bystanders were injured in the shootout.

ADVERTISEMENT

The unidentified shopper had been carrying an AR-15 assault-style weapon in a gun sleeve beneath an article of clothing, Maj. Ron Martin of the North County Police Cooperative told WSDK-TV in St. Louis. Openly carrying firearms is legal in the state.

As the gun owner stepped outside after his purchases, a man held a pistol to the back of his head and demanded the rifle, according to police.

After giving up his weapon, the victim went to his vehicle to grab another gun and then opened fire.

The robber, who was seen using both the rifle and his handgun, was initially listed in critical condition last week. Two bystanders, both women, who had just pulled up to the market, were also shot, according to a police statement. Their injuries were not life-threatening, police said.

The owner of the rifle fled.

A 31-year-old man accused of stealing the rifle has since been charged with armed criminal action, first-degree robbery and two counts each of unlawful use of a weapon and unlawful possession of a firearm, KSDK reported. His cash-only bond was set at $500,000.

The food market was also the scene of a fatal shooting of a police officer in 2019.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 310, 311, 312 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 311 of 331

Jump to: