myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 312, 313, 314 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can’t expect Isobars to post facts. Most of what he posts are lies, or, if you want to give some slack, reposts of BS he read on some crazy rightwing site and then he accepted as fact without doing a fact check. He has posted numerous things that are wrong, and when confronted with this, he never ever not even once has owned up to it. His response is to crawl back into his hole, disappear for a while, and then reappear to post some more BS.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True that. He also doesn't read for content--he reads only for confirmation bias. He has misunderstood and misquoted his global warming sources on multiple occasions. He is the very epitome of angry old white man convinced that someone is trying to take advantage of him.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ISO has proven once again that engaging him is a waste of time.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
isobars wrote:
There's some heartless liberal idiot pet shelter owner in CA who refuses to accept unwanted pets from anyone who owns a gun. Instead, she leaves many pet owners no option but shelters that euthanize unwanted pets. That's one sick, stupid, misinformed bitch.

Very little of what you post here is accurate. As such, I tend to view your posts as entertainment. Kinda like Fox News - entertainment.

The founder of a Thousand Oaks dog and cat shelter has enacted a new policy forbidding some gun owners from adopting pets there, triggering numerous threats against her. Sill said Wednesday she doesn't have a blanket rule forbidding gun owners from adopting pets. She said she will make that determination after interviewing any gun owners who want to adopt. "It's person to person," she said. "I believe in responsible gun ownership. Some of the people that worked for me owned guns."
But they have to be pro-gun law reform and at least 25 years old to adopt from her shop, she said. Sill said she might let a person who owns a handgun for personal protection to adopt. She might even let someone who owns an assault rifle adopt, she said.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/thousand-oaks-pet-shop-no-235038027.html

The policy pertains to the ADOPTION of animals. It is not as you described. More incaccurate posting from you. Have you no shame Iso?

the owner of the adoption, place is spot on and would be wise to not allow iso to adopt anything other than a slug or amoeba with the same intelligence as Iso.

SAS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
I think ISO has proven once again that engaging him is a waste of time.

100% true.
It is not worth your time since, as I wrote earlier, he will never admit he was not right.

Once I wrote that Rosanne Boyland was crushed to death in the Capitol attack. He replied that she actually died of an OD. I looked this up and discovered that he was correct and I had, in error, cited the early reports, which were wrong. I then posted and admitted by error.

I will be shocked if he posts something similar regarding his incorrect post about the pet shelter.

I will continue to fact check him and point out his errors/lies, but these posts are aimed at the sane people who read this forum, not at him.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, we're all doomed to more of isobars' eruptions spewing the kind of nonsense that he specializes in. He's kind of an ever-present Jack-in-the-Box of BS from the right. Whether we respond or not doesn't matter. He has no shame, no matter how dishonest and untrue his song. Sadly, he's not going to change his tune despite the facts.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction: Her ban is on adoptions, not on admission to her shelter. It applies to anyone not supporting stricter gun laws (do we really need MORE, rather than enforcing the ones we have?), the constitution be damned, according to an endless stream of print and broadcast media. She considers herself omnipotent and uniquely prescient in deciding who’s going to shoot up a school, and states that anyone who disagrees with her after an hour of grilling isn’t getting one of her pets. She’d rather let pets languish in kennel hell than admit she isn’t God or Sigmund Freud.

I hope her business fails and is taken over by a saner and less arrogant person who cares more about pets than about her ego, her hatred, her misguided ideology, her apparent ignorance about existing laws and weapons and lack of enforcement, and her blatant disregard for our constitution. To the detriment of the pets she hoards, she is even recalling dogs she had placed in foster homes as her way of protesting, the hell with the dogs’ well-being and chronic uprooting. She’s using living, loving, trusting, dependent beings as a platform and a tool for her political views. I doubt she even knows the difference between an AR-15 and a pistol (barrel and stock lengths, physically) or between self defense and murder.

She should go open up a donut shop. They kill far more people than do mass shooters, but at least donuts aren’t traumatized by being repeatedly ripped out of one home after another until they’re too old to be adopted. God DAMN but that stupid, arrogant, ignorant, inhuman, unhumane being disgusts and pisses off this “daddy” of 52 years of rescue dogs costing tens of thousands of dollars in medical expenses. (I bought my first gun to protect my dogs from hordes of coyotes on Padre Island and throughout the SW deserts.)
jse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Correction: Her ban is on adoptions, not on admission to her shelter. It applies to anyone not supporting stricter gun laws (do we really need MORE, rather than enforcing the ones we have?), the constitution be damned, according to an endless stream of print and broadcast media. She considers herself omnipotent and uniquely prescient in deciding who’s going to shoot up a school, and states that anyone who disagrees with her after an hour of grilling isn’t getting one of her pets. She’d rather let pets languish in kennel hell than admit she isn’t God or Sigmund Freud.

I hope her business fails and is taken over by a saner and less arrogant person who cares more about pets than about her ego, her hatred, her misguided ideology, her apparent ignorance about existing laws and weapons and lack of enforcement, and her blatant disregard for our constitution. To the detriment of the pets she hoards, she is even recalling dogs she had placed in foster homes as her way of protesting, the hell with the dogs’ well-being and chronic uprooting. She’s using living, loving, trusting, dependent beings as a platform and a tool for her political views. I doubt she even knows the difference between an AR-15 and a pistol (barrel and stock lengths, physically) or between self defense and murder.

She should go open up a donut shop. They kill far more people than do mass shooters, but at least donuts aren’t traumatized by being repeatedly ripped out of one home after another until they’re too old to be adopted. God DAMN but that stupid, arrogant, ignorant, inhuman, unhumane being disgusts and pisses off this “daddy” of 52 years of rescue dogs costing tens of thousands of dollars in medical expenses. (I bought my first gun to protect my dogs from hordes of coyotes on Padre Island and throughout the SW deserts.)

This is nothing new, most pet adoption organizations (Humane Society, breeders, etc...) ask all kinds of personal questions before determining if a person is a good candidate for one of their animals - Is your yard completely fenced? How high is your fence? Do you both work full time? Are there any other pets? Do you have children? How old are they? I've been asked all these questions before taking a new puppy home. Annoying but it's their right.

Steve
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don’t you know there is a Constitutional right to own dogs?
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs2u1rdeHX4

Katie Porter Demolishes Conservative Stooge's Lies During Gun Control Debate

Quote:
Rep. Katie Porter is back at it with another one of her patented arguments against conservative liars, and this time she didn't hold back her criticisms of Heritage Foundation legal fellow and gun rights advocate Amy Swearer. Porter accused Swearer of lying under oath and misleading the public about the impact of the House's newest gun control bill. Cenk Uygur and John Iadarola discuss on The Young Turks. Watch LIVE weekdays 6-8 pm ET.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 312, 313, 314 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 313 of 331

Jump to: