myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Isabella Report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superkraut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:14 pm    Post subject: Isabella Report Reply with quote

after having been drawn down to about 200,000acft (about 35%, a most useful level and a bit above the normal winter "conservation storage") our fair lake is now rising again slowly. The snow pack in our watershed currently is at 69% for the date. This time last year, it was 221%, so I don't believe we will see a full lake again this season - which is a very good thing in my book, because we had all manner of access problems due to the few patches of usable beach that were hopelessly overcrowded.
And speaking of: our access problems, exacerbated by the new concessionaire disallowing the launch corridors Forest Service had granted us 6 years ago, may soon be corrected by our District Ranger, who thought my recent appeal for guaranteed access was "fair". Stay tuned.
As always, I am marking obstacles near our sailing venues with colorful detergent bottles, and post about them to our "Lake Isabella Windsurfing" Facebooks group, along with misc and sundry info about rules and regs etc.
In the meantime, we sail on, the 46 degree water notwithstanding Wink
Eva

PXL_20240115_004319969.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  864.97 KB
 Viewed:  1790 Time(s)

PXL_20240115_004319969.jpg

Last edited by superkraut on Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
dllee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice board!....
I ride an '01 Randy French 102 liter, 270x58 in Puerto Rico ..
superkraut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dllee wrote:
Nice board!....
I ride an '01 Randy French 102 liter, 270x58 in Puerto Rico ..

My favorite ride - a little harsh, but quicker on the plane than anything else I own. Had to do some major deck rebuilds over the years, but on it sails
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Eva,
You have done and still do so much for our sport. You work tirelessly to keep access to one of the best windsurfing lakes in the country. I would just like to say thank you for all you do.. Tony
superkraut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOVAAN wrote:
Miss Eva,
You have done and still do so much for our sport. You work tirelessly to keep access to one of the best windsurfing lakes in the country. I would just like to say thank you for all you do.. Tony

Awww - thank you, Tony! You are who just got me off my tuff, when you posted your Lopez report. We all much appreciate it!
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it's hard for you to leave "your" lake to come down ours but there are several people that would love to see you. Just give me or Randy a heads up
superkraut

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a matter of fact, I just thought that when the white-knuckled anglers descend on Isabella for their Fishing Derby the weekend of March 23, it would be a great time to come check out your pond!
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your always welcome. That said, March isn't the best time of year to enjoy the wind and friends at the pond. While there can be a good day here and there, it's
pretty hit or miss in the spring. Summer is when the lake shines. With lots for wind and lots of friends. Camping at Lopez is really nice in spring. Less crowds and pretty green hills. Summer camping is a bit less enjoyable. We would love to see you anytime.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: