myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Travel to Margarita in March, need airline info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmax7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Travel to Margarita in March, need airline info Reply with quote

What airlines are available to travel from Caracas to Margarita?

Is Aeoropostal still flying?

Also advice on places to stay,

Thnks for info.

Max.
caribwnd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max,
THERE ARE SEVERAL AIRLINES THAT FLY CCS-PMV (CARACAS-POLAMAR) BUT AEROPOSTAL IS ONE OF THE ONLY AIRLINES THAT IS IN THE SABRE INTERNATIONAL RESERVATIONS SYSTEM.
OTHER AIRLINES ARE: LASER, RUTACA, ASERCA, SANTA BARBARA AIRLINES.
KEEP IN MIND THAT MOST OF THESE CARRIERS ONLY SERVICE MARGARITA FROM EARLY MORNING TILL ABOUT 7:30-8:00 P.M.
AEROPOSTAL HAS FLIGHTS FROM MIAMI TO CARACAS THEN CHANGE OF PLANES TO MARGARITA. THIER FLIGHT LEAVES (I THINK) DAILY.
AEROPOSTALS WEB SITE IS www.aeropostal.com and ASERCA AIRLINES IS www.asercaairlines.com
IF YOU NEED LODGINGS WHILE IN EL YAQUE WE HAVE A GUESTHOUSE AND APARTMENTS AVAILABLE. SEE US AT www.posada-margarita.com or write me at caribwnd@c-com.net.ve
Miguel
LAWLER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also see VELA web site for more valuable info
mr_hyphen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Margarita Reply with quote

Usually direct flights from North America as long as you don't mind going via Canada. US relations with Venezuela are different than other countries that allow direct flights to Margarita.
Wes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are direct flights from Toronto and Montreal to Margarita island on march, it takes only 5 hours . Air transat - very convenient

I went last march : SF-Houston ( continental) / houston-caracas ( continental) / caracas-margarita (aropostal- bought the ticket from their website and had to call their miami office to confirm), left SF in the afternoon and was in the water windsurfing 11:00 a.m. the next day ! on the way back I took early morning ( 7:00 a.m.) flight with Lasar ( bought the ticket from their website) , then continental ( 9:50 a.m. )from caracas ; so I was back in SF the same day; I did not have to sleep over in caracas or houston in either direction.
philippm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: to porlamar Reply with quote

i flew via canada this year.seasonal flights are available from toronto and montreal.the great thing is that they are direct flights to the island.and i got a return ticket trip for only $400-thats crazy.i basically drove from boston to montreal left my car and hoped on the plane for 3 more hours saving me a bunch of money and time.search airtransat.ca for flights.i think there is one more airline that flys from montreal but i cant remember.happy surfing
reefretreat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Place to rent Reply with quote

Hi Max,

seems you have loads of info on flights, if your still looking for a place to rent, we have a 2 bed detached house you can rent.
If your interested, please email me on skinnersworldtour@hotmail.com and i will send you photos and details
enjoy margarita.
philippm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: where to stay Reply with quote

i recomend staying at a beachfront hotel.club mistral hotel i think is best.cheaper alternatives can be found once u arrive,a bunch of rooms are available from $20 a day
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: