myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 311, 312, 313 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
At least we are finally agreed that Biden's actions and rhetoric have contributed to the explosion in oil/ gas/ gasoline prices. When I have suggested that same thing previously, you have dismissed me as clueless and a hopeless partisan. Welcome to the reality club.

what was your degree in from trump University,stupidity?

mac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More children dead--from pig oil we get diversions. An attempted coup? Crickets. Such an advertisement for a religious life, eh?
vientomas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
At least we are finally agreed that Biden's actions and rhetoric have contributed to the explosion in oil/ gas/ gasoline prices. When I have suggested that same thing previously, you have dismissed me as clueless and a hopeless partisan. Welcome to the reality club.

I am genuinely curious. What specifically can or does a President do to effect the price of a global commodity such as oil? Did Trump do anything? Did Binden? if so, what did they each do and how did that impact the price?

I am certainly no expert on the subject, but some here present as if they are. I would love to be educated on the subject.

Thank you for indulging me.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2022/03/13/how-much-of-the-gasoline-price-surge-is-president-bidens-fault/?sh=7f3d69737c8b
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
mrgybe wrote:

I am genuinely curious. What specifically can or does a President do to effect the price of a global commodity such as oil? Did Trump do anything? Did Binden? if so, what did they each do and how did that impact the price?

I am certainly no expert on the subject, but some here present as if they are. I would love to be educated on the subject.

Thank you for indulging me.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2022/03/13/how-much-of-the-gasoline-price-surge-is-president-bidens-fault/?sh=7f3d69737c8b

here is the truth from the data.

there is no reason for the jacked up price...
https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=42735

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=52718

coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was being sarcastic when I suggested a bunch of old windsurfers should talk about oil prices instead of the subject of this thread.

Gas prices are high. Meanwhile children are being threatened or killed in our schools.

Since Mrgybe is now back on this forum, maybe a thoughtful conservative will share what he thinks should be done about guns in this country?

Thanks
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coboardhead, don't hold your breath. I have to question the existence of a thoughful conservative in this neck of the woods.

Folks today like to think that Liz Cheney is an honest and thoughtful conservative, but even she recently voted against gun control. But to be fair, she can't afford to piss off any Republicans in her state if she wants to get reelected. Just goes to prove that Republicans are over-the-top crazy about their guns, even the ones that serve no purpose other than to kill people. Somehow, guns represent freedom in their world, and maybe the AR15 represents more freedom.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWC

You were right about that. Righties would rather divert from the subject or run out the clock on discussing reasonable gun control. There hasn’t been an attack on a grade school in a couple weeks. So, we don’t need to do anything about it. I’m not impressed.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some heartless liberal idiot pet shelter owner in CA who refuses to accept unwanted pets from anyone who owns a gun. Instead, she leaves many pet owners no option but shelters that euthanize unwanted pets. That's one sick, stupid, misinformed bitch.

A well-educated Canadian friend was very surprised to hear that fully automatic weapons are illegal in the U.S. and have been for generations. So much for what many people regard as "news".

The media have been reporting for days now some politician's (I forget whether it was a Senator, Representative, or POTUS) claim that AR-15s have 300-round magazines.

Our POTUS claims that a 9mm pistol will blow the lungs out of a man. Even if that were true, ISN'T THAT THE PURPOSE OF SHOOTING AN ATTACKER? Why just wound him and piss him off? Cops and citizens alike are trained to put a violent perp down and make sure he can't get up to resume the attack. Nothing less makes any sense in a life-threatening scenario. (My state just passed a law prohibiting buying a pistol that will stop two madmen slaughtering one's wife or child. No WONDER sales of pistol magazines holding more than 10 rounds have increased one to two thousand percent lately.)
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars

Why don’t you explain how an amendment that was written into the constitution to allow slave owners to organize to control their slaves is a basis for everyone to own an AR15. And, while you are at it. How can that fully automatic weapon you mentioned NOT be allowed if weapon ownership is a constitutional guarantee? Do you agree that there needs to be some regulation in guns and can the government restrain some gun ownership? How does that sit with your interpretation of the 2nd amendment?
vientomas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
There's some heartless liberal idiot pet shelter owner in CA who refuses to accept unwanted pets from anyone who owns a gun. Instead, she leaves many pet owners no option but shelters that euthanize unwanted pets. That's one sick, stupid, misinformed bitch.

Very little of what you post here is accurate. As such, I tend to view your posts as entertainment. Kinda like Fox News - entertainment.

The founder of a Thousand Oaks dog and cat shelter has enacted a new policy forbidding some gun owners from adopting pets there, triggering numerous threats against her. Sill said Wednesday she doesn't have a blanket rule forbidding gun owners from adopting pets. She said she will make that determination after interviewing any gun owners who want to adopt. "It's person to person," she said. "I believe in responsible gun ownership. Some of the people that worked for me owned guns."
But they have to be pro-gun law reform and at least 25 years old to adopt from her shop, she said. Sill said she might let a person who owns a handgun for personal protection to adopt. She might even let someone who owns an assault rifle adopt, she said.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/thousand-oaks-pet-shop-no-235038027.html

The policy pertains to the ADOPTION of animals. It is not as you described. More incaccurate posting from you. Have you no shame Iso?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 311, 312, 313 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 312 of 331

Jump to: