myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lets follow the money.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/sidney-powell-defending-republic-donations/2021/12/06/61bdb004-53ef-11ec-8769-2f4ecdf7a2ad_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F3574da1%2F61ae47f99d2fdab56bb6bc12%2F5976d6ccade4e26514ba9956%2F10%2F72%2F61ae47f99d2fdab56bb6bc12

Sidney Powell group raised more than $14 million spreading election falsehoods

Quote:
In the months after President Donald Trump lost the November election, lawyer Sidney Powell raised large sums from donors inspired by her fight to reverse the outcome of the vote. But by April, questions about where the money was going — and how much there was — were helping to sow division between Powell and other leaders of her new nonprofit, Defending the Republic.

On April 9, many members of the staff and board resigned, documents show. Among those who departed after just days on the job was Chief Financial Officer Robert Weaver, who in a memo at the time wrote that he had “no way of knowing the true financial position” of Defending the Republic, because some of its bank accounts were off limits even to him.

Records reviewed by The Washington Post show that Defending the Republic raised more than $14 million, a sum that reveals the reach and resonance of one of the most visible efforts to fundraise using baseless claims about the 2020 election. Previously unreported records also detail acrimony between Powell and her top lieutenants over how the money — now a focus of inquiries by federal prosecutors and Congress — was being handled.

The split has left Powell, who once had Trump’s ear, isolated from other key figures in the election-denier movement. Even so, as head of Defending the Republic, she controlled $9 million as recently as this summer, according to an audited financial statement from the group. The mistrust of U.S. elections that she and her former allies stoked endures. Polls show that one-third of Americans — including a majority of Republicans — believe that Trump lost because of fraud.

Matt Masterson, a former senior U.S. cybersecurity official who tracked 2020 election integrity for the Department of Homeland Security, said Powell’s fundraising success demonstrates one reason so many people continue to spread falsehoods about the 2020 election: It can bring in cash.

“Business is good and accountability is low, which means we’re just going to see continued use of this playbook,” Masterson said. “Well-meaning folks that have been told that the election was stolen are giving out money that they might not otherwise be able to give.”

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is not including the dark money...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/defense-contractors-bankrolled-campaigns-of-election-objectors/ar-AASoSOP

Defense contractors bankrolled campaigns of election objectors

Quote:
eading defense contractors were among the most generous corporate contributors to the campaigns of members of Congress who voted not to certify the 2020 presidential election results in Arizona or Pennsylvania, according to a report made public Monday by the watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.

People in Mexico Have Suddenly Started Using These New Slippers
Ad
Comfy Shoes
People in Mexico Have Suddenly Started Using These New Slippers
The contributions from the defense companies’ political action committees flowed steadily in 2021 to the reelection campaigns of dozens of election objectors and to Republicans’ Senate and House campaign committees and leadership PACs, the report said, after some of those companies had halted such payments after the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol.

The rioters acted in response to an incendiary speech by President Donald Trump as lawmakers debated whether to turn away presidential electors from Arizona. After the riot, the House and Senate reconvened and rejected the GOP motion, 121-303 in the House and 6-93 in the Senate. Another pair of votes objecting to electors from Pennsylvania was rejected 138-282 in the House and 7-92 in the Senate. All of those in favor were Republicans.

Since then, the Boeing Company has given $346,500 to GOP campaign committees or election objectors’ campaigns, more than any other company, the report said.

Separately, Boeing contributed to state attorneys general who have filed suits to overturn the 2020 elections in four battleground states, CREW found.

Other top-10 defense contractors’ PACs also made the list of leading direct or indirect contributors to Republicans who voted not to certify the 2020 results. They are:

General Dynamics: $233,500
Lockheed Martin Corp.: $205,000
L3Harris Technologies Inc.: $173,000
Northrop Grumman Corp.: $151,000
Raytheon Co.: $150,500

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/boeing-and-pfizer-are-among-the-companies-and-trade-groups-to-have-donated-8-million-to-republicans-who-voted-against-certifying-biden-s-election-victory-a-report-says/ar-AASpYNi

Boeing and Pfizer are among the companies and trade groups to have donated $8 million to Republicans who voted against certifying Biden's election victory, a report says

Quote:
Top US companies and trade groups have donated more than $8.1 million to the Republican lawmakers who voted against Joe Biden's certification as president, according to a report by the nonpartisan watchdog Accountable.US.

Donors listed in the report include Boeing, General Motors, FedEx, Pfizer, and the American Bankers Association.

The American Bankers Association was the top donor among 30 companies and trade groups profiled by Accountable.US, whose donation data runs to November. The ABA gave at least $203,000 to the GOP objectors between January 6 and November 2021, according to the report.

isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure no one here supports the self-avowed-Marxist-led BLM, so this shouldn't surprise you:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/blms-millions-go-unaccounted-for-after-leaders-quietly-jump-ship
wsurfer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
I'm sure no one here supports the self-avowed-Marxist-led BLM, so this shouldn't surprise you:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/blms-millions-go-unaccounted-for-after-leaders-quietly-jump-ship

SOUNDS LIKE THEY RIPPED A PAGE OUT OF THE PLAYBOOK OF THE NRA!
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the money to make sure the employee does not spill the beans. again whatthe f does one do to be paid as a top trump advisor to get paid by a foreign oil producing naton 1.5 billion dollars. Almost as much as Biden spent running forpresident. And this was just one theing they did and what did the other oil producing cuntries. what oil producing country wants a dem in power? NONE only idiots can not figure that out.

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/judge-allows-barrack-to-fund-grimes-defense-for-2-million/

Judge allows Barrack to fund Grimes’ defense for $2 million

Quote:
Former Aspen resident Matthew Grimes will have up to $2 million to mount his legal defense against federal criminal charges of foreign lobbying, and his former boss and co-defendant Thomas Barrack is footing the bill.

Judge Brian M. Cogan of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York approved the financial arrangement after a hearing Thursday. The hearing was prompted by a Dec. 23-dated letter from federal prosecutors in New York requesting the judge to query Grimes about the potential for a conflict of interest.

“The concerns are that subconsciously your lawyers might be influenced by the fact that they’re being paid by Mr. Barrack in order to call close calls that favor Mr. Barrack rather than you,” Cogan told Grimes during the virtual hearing. “So that’s the problem we’re dealing with today. Do you understand that?”

Replied Grimes: “Your honor, very respectfully, I don’t think there’s a conflict or risk whatsoever, but I understand what you are saying.”

Authorities arrested both Barrack, 74, and Grimes, 28, in California on July 20 following grand jury indictments. Both have pleaded not guilty to charges they covertly worked as agents on behalf of United Arab Emirates, from April 2016 to April 2018, to influence President Trump’s foreign policy. The third person indicted was Rashid al-Malik Alshahh, who reportedly fled the U.S.

jenniferdehner9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Now answer the question. Do the child tax credits motivate folks to return to work or take PayDay Say loan?

Two different issues: child tax credits & free child care and free universal preschool.

Even more reason to stay out of the labor force when the government will give you money plus free child care and preschool.

Do you think a family making over $400K needs child tax credits?

Iso's is an excellent illustration of FOX News' sheeple. He spouts FOX News talking points like a pro. "Even if it were, would a Trump government dispute those facts?" was my favorite. When I read that one, I had to choke up my coffee from laughing so hard.

Last edited by jenniferdehner9 on Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former Rand Paul aide, pardoned by Trump, charged with funneling Russian money into 2016 election

Quote:
September 20, 2021, 8:18 PM

Jesse Benton worked as a campaign staffer for former Rep. Ron Paul, as well as Sens. Rand Paul and Mitch McConnell.
In 2016, he was convicted of campaign finance crimes related to his role on the Ron Paul campaign.
Trump pardoned him before leaving office.
A former campaign staffer for US Sen. Rand Paul has been charged with channeling money from Russia into the 2016 presidential election, the US Department of Justice said Monday.

In an unsealed indictment, dated September 9, prosecutors allege Jesse Benton "conspired to illegally funnel thousands of dollars of foreign money from a Russian foreign national" into the campaign.

In October 2016, Benton received a $100,000 wire transfer from the unnamed Russian national, the indictment states, promising him that he would get to "meet a celebrity" at a fundraiser in Philadelphia on September 22, 2016.

Prosecutors do not name the candidate, but former President Donald Trump was hosting a fundraiser that night at the Ritz-Carlton in Center City, Philadelphia.

The Russian national attended the fundraiser, according to the indictment, his travel to the United States facilitated by an alleged co-conspirator, Roy Douglas Wead, a conservative author. All three "had official photographs taken with Political Candidate 1," prosecutors say.

The two are accused of falsely portraying the contribution as payment for "consulting work." Benton kept most of it himself — $75,000, according to the indictment. The rest was donated to the politician in Benton's name.

Around the same time, Benton — who managed Paul's 2010 run for office, as well as the 2014 campaign of another Kentucky Republican, Sen. Mitch McConnell — was convicted of campaign finance fraud over his role in the 2012 Ron Paul presidential campaign. He was sentenced days before the Philadelphia fundraiser to two years probation and ordered to pay a $10,000 fine.

Before leaving office, Trump pardoned Benton for that crime.

If convicted in this case, Benton and Wead could face significant prison time, with each of the six counts against them carrying a sentence of five to 20 years behind bars.

isobars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. You're citing Techno's post, yet referring to me. Huh?

2. SEARCH can't find your quote, and it's out of context so we have no clue what you're talking about.

3. I don't give a damn about child tax credits, so why would I comment on it?

4. Just because Fox News has discussed a topic doesn't mean it's my source. I've explained my actual sources many times.

That's strikes One, Two, Three, and, for good measure, Four.

And more, including:

It took you only two weeks to get banned from the Electric Bike forum; are you trying for another one so soon?
(jenniferdehner9 Banned
Last Activity: 2 weeks ago

Your IP is listed on the Spamhaus Blocklist.

jenniferdehner9 wrote:
techno900 wrote:
Now answer the question. Do the child tax credits motivate folks to return to work?

Two different issues: child tax credits & free child care and free universal preschool.

Even more reason to stay out of the labor force when the government will give you money plus free child care and preschool.

Iso's is an excellent illustration of FOX News' sheeple. He spouts FOX News talking points like a pro. "Even if it were, would a Trump government dispute those facts?" was my favorite. When I read that one, I had to choke up my coffee from laughing so hard.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
1. You're citing Techno's post, yet referring to me. Huh?

2. SEARCH can't find your quote, and it's out of context so we have no clue what you're talking about.

3. I don't give a damn about child tax credits, so why would I comment on it?

4. Just because Fox News has discussed a topic doesn't mean it's my source. I've explained my actual sources many times.

That's strikes One, Two, Three, and, for good measure, Four.

And more, including:

It took you only two weeks to get banned from the Electric Bike forum; are you trying for another one so soon?
(jenniferdehner9 Banned
Last Activity: 2 weeks ago

Your IP is listed on the Spamhaus Blocklist.

jenniferdehner9 wrote:
techno900 wrote:
Now answer the question. Do the child tax credits motivate folks to return to work?

Ya your sources are are made up. you are as delusional as much as trump does.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 41 of 47

Jump to: